• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TBW table for different SSDs (M.2 2280)

I've gathered a table with the TBW of several SSDs available in my local market, maybe it's useful to some of you.

I've found it such a pain in the ass in general to find that info, that I just put it together myself for future reference.

Sorted by TBW (TB written, a metric for SSD endurance)

Sorted by price:

Hope it's useful, at least to avoid the worst offerings (looking at you, crucial P3 and corsair MP600), in case you care about drive endurance.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Nice work, but since this appears to be a spreadsheet, I would suggest sorting the drive names alphabetically as the 2nd criteria after the sort by tbw values...which would make it easier to follow IMHO, and perhaps attach the actual file, so others could share their input or adjust it for their own uses......just a thought from a fellow spreadsheet fan :)

And yea, I am not, nor have I ever, been a big fan of crucial's low-end/budget drives...especially when there are many other, better performing drives at the same or less $$

Nice work, but since this appears to be a spreadsheet, I would suggest sorting the drive names alphabetically as the 2nd criteria after the sort by tbw values...which would make it easier to follow IMHO, and perhaps attach the actual file, so others could share their input or adjust it for their own uses......just a thought from a fellow spreadsheet fan :)

And yea, I am not, nor have I ever, been a big fan of crucial's low-end/budget drives...especially when there are many other, better performing drives at the same or less $$
Sure thing, here it is sorted alphabetically:

Here's the sheet itself (read-only, but you can make a copy and add anything you want there):

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
TBW are roughed in legally required statements with no bearing on reality in most cases. This means separating marketing data from technical analysis that actually aids shopping decisions. There are enough cases of drive manufacturer vastly understating belief in their products to dismiss claims in either direction based on this single metric.

The better drives write an order of magnitude or four greater. The less great drives are so unreliable by half their stated limit it would be pointless to consider ability to write with ability to store or read or even be seen by OS.