1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Team Xtreem Cronus issues, post your benchs too plz

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by binormalkilla, Jan 14, 2007.

1. binormalkilla New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay I've posted in the other thread, but I haven't gotten any results from a TeamGroup tech yet, so I thought I'd give my own thread a shot. I've tried MANY different timings to allow me to reach the spec clock of 250 with no success. Here are my best clock/timing settings so far, but I've tried the higher limits suggested in the other thread concerning this memory and the DFI motherboard. My system specs are as follows:
    Abit AT8 32X motherboard
    Team Xtreem Cronus 2x1Gb 3-3-3-8
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2.65 GHz, VCore=1.400
    OCZ GameXtream 700W PSU
    HIS X1950 Pro 256 Mb
    Evercool memory fans
    http://www.evercool.com.tw/products/neon_crab.htm
    I haven't gotten much reception with the tech support though email, and I really would appreciate the help, as I've had this memory for 2 months and still can't get it to 250 MHz without failing Orthos in 4s. If I give the memory 2.9V then I last for 30 or 40s, but this shouldn't be necessary for that spec clock.
    Here are my benchmarks using SiSoftware's Sandra 2007, the same software that they used on the TeamGroup test run on the Teamgroup website. Here is my Rightmark memory analyzer screens of my CPU and memory settings. These are stable in gaming and Orthos.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. binormalkilla New Member

Thanks Received:
    UM bump.....anyone with this memory?

3. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    i don't have that ram, but that ram cooler you have don't do much in cooling the memory better

4. Kammster New Member

Thanks Received:
  5. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i'm surprised you high end ram cant even hold up against my low-end bargain stuff (488mhz on 2.7v 3-4-4-8) if you can i would try for the refresh rate of 3.9ns it will greatly improve the bandwidth of the ram (~500mb/s) as for timings 3.0-4-4-10 should be all you need for ddr500

6. binormalkilla New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why do you think that? They're just fans; I don't see how they won't cool the memory....
    I have some good timings when I'm running the modules at 241 MHz, but that is 9 MHz under spec. Others have gotten this memory to 294 MHz. I haven't run into anyone with my motherboard, but I've seen people with my CPU.
    Also, I know how to overclock LOL! Thanks for the link though.
    I tried these SLLOOOWWW timings tonight and failed the Orthos blended test in ~1 minute.
    I'm afraid that I'm going to have to RMA. The thing that I'm worried about is that it may be a motherboard issue, and I'll have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for nothing.
    Also, I've tested the sticks individually.

[​IMG]

7. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    they don't push enough air to cool the ram, you blowing air at it would do a better job ;)

8. binormalkilla New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you ever owned one of these? These fans operate at a max of 4400 RPM and cool the heatspreaders to the touch after running Orthos blended.....so yes they do cool the memory. I don't have any thermocouples to wedge between the IC chips and the heatspreaders, but they are cool to the touch, so that's good enough for me. Besides, these sticks aren't supposed to require much voltage. I think that I'm going to have to RMA as I've tried terribly slow timings and they still won't run spec. Either I got a bad set of modules, or my motherboard isn't compatible.
    I saw one guy on a forum that received the value RAM with Xtreem heatspreaders on them....I'm going to be pissed if that is the case with me.
    Also, the SPD values are improperly programmed on these sticks, mine included.
    I know that many people have been really happy with these modules, but I'm not.

9. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    x2, pt as he said, have you ever used these before? I got Team DDR400 as well btw, and some VIZO heatspreaders + Thermaltake Cyclo... believe me, this works much better than the Thermaltake cyclo itself.

(Neon crab is similar to thermaltake cyclo).

10. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    it's just what i've heard and seen on reviews, but if you do have them, and you say they work, it's fine by me ;)

11. binormalkilla New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea LOL I wish that I could say the same thing about the RAM...........
    failing memtest overnight at 241 MHz.

I found this review that actually monitored the temps, so here is some quantitative data for real comparison of the Evercool memory cooler.
    BTW LOL I cut off the "fugly crab eyes" that made my computer case look like a gay bar on the inside. :)
    http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/PC-Cooling/Evercool-Neon-Crab/3/

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  12. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL!!!

With ram heatspreaders, they work better (which you have right?)

13. binormalkilla New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea the Xtreem series from TeamGroup comes with gold heatspreaders. OCZ makes some better ones. I wish that I would have seen them when I was ordering all of my stuff :\
    Here they are
    http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/cooling_products/ocz_xtc_cooler
    Looks like surgical steel or something! The blue light is pretty bright too, saw a guy on XtremeSystems with one.
    I'm willing to bet that the OCZ cools better due to the large fans. I don't care about noise so I crank every fan I have to max RPM on my motherboard or on the fan controller :p
    BTW when I RMA I have my old memory, Infineon DDR400. I installed some Evercool copper heatspreaders, so maybe I can get them to some decend speed/timings. (Until the RMA goes through)
    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, but I've pretty much given up on them working :\

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  14. binormalkilla New Member

Thanks Received:

Attached Files: