1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TEC Setup Help/Needing Ideas

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by kikicoco1334, May 6, 2011.

1. kikicoco1334

Thanks Received:
    i been doing alotta thinking and i wanna go back to 775 one more time here is what i got right now...

Intel SLAWE Q9300 M1 - new never overclocked
    2x2GB DDR2 - never clocked either but i know it ain't gonna go anywhere
    Swiftech MCP 655
    Swiftech 3x120
    D-tech 775 waterblock <- this is old

thinking about clocking this chip somewhere around 1600mhz in FSB that makes 3000~3500mhz i'd like to 4+ but that's only if it's got good cooling and great ddr2 or ddr3

just quick question...
    will it be better if i just drop some extra cash and go ddr3 so there is a passable way to get higher clock if i wanna

i think i have 2 peltiers and should i hook that up to like a different PSU or just leave it on the same one i think it's like 65 or 68w peltier or should i just get a different peltier and hook it up to a different PSU cuz i do remember last time i was doing this sometimes the peltier don't start up right away or kick in at all! kinda sux!
    so what do you guys think?

looking for a motherboard right now... but needing something that's gonna take at least 6 SATA HDDs /i may not even have a dvdrom in it just because i never use it!

2. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    tec's have terrible inefficiency and are not every effective at cooling

3. kikicoco1334

Thanks Received:
    i see yeah i am just thinking about going air or water now
    i been doing alotta read and all that and it's really not the way to go unless you just wanna play around :(