1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tech Report and TG Dialy articles regarding the removal DX10.1 from Assassins Creed

Discussion in 'Games' started by EastCoasthandle, May 9, 2008.

1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Assassin's Creed is a third-person stealth game found on the PC, PS3 and Xbox360. When it was announced that Ubi would remove DX10.1 do to a rendering pass in post processing that is costly conspiracy theories starting brewing. The Tech Report was able to setup a brief interview with Charles Beauchemin, the tech lead for the Assassin's Creed development team to answer a few questions surrounding this controversy. Below, is interview:

In a nutshell, the performance gains with DX10.1 and AA are in fact real. The removal of the rendering pass in post processing is a direct result of DX10.1's efficiency and doesn't effect IQ. What is concerning is they are non-committal in resorting DX10.1 once removed via patch. I encourage you can to read more of this article here. One thing that caught my attention about this article is this:

Here is the article from TG Daily. The gist of it quoted below. Take note of the article's title.

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  2. Silverel

Silverel New Member

Thanks Received:
    BOOOO Ubisoft!

ATI owners have only a single workaround. IGNORE the patch.

3. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Yes, that's what I would do, but is this patched forced? From what I've seen if you use the ACLauncher.exe it will check for updates before starting the game. I suggest using the other .exe and remove AC from windows firewall exclusion.

4. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    I wonder how this backlash will effect AC2?

5. Silverel

Silverel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Depends on if nVidia is runnin' 10.1 yet.

Everyone will bend over backwards for TWIMTBP branding. Including dropping support for ATI. If they were smart, they would just make it an nVidia-only patch. Leave all the bug-fixes and such to another one.