1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp GPU-Z 0.3.8 released

Discussion in 'News' started by W1zzard, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    so its showing me memory usage from the memory that sli in itself has availible and not on a per GPU basis since SLI is enabled?
  2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    its showing from the card the monitors on.

SLI doesnt add ram, so it'd show from the primary card in SLI, and out of SLI you'd get a readout per card (depending which one was selected)
  3. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    i know SLI doesnt add ram......but since the ram of every core is replicating the same data than that means no matter what core i read off of it should display the same size. right? Which i would assume ment that only if SLI is disabled would the cores show diffirent memory usage depending on the core selected.
  4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont think anyone knows how SLI works fully, so it may duplicate, or it may only duplicate some.

its possible that one GPU may have more ram used, or that they both show identical... i sure dont know (and i dont think anyone outside of Nvidia does for sure)
  5. SoLoR New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice... GPU Load. Is it done with NDA NVAPI or something else? considering it doesnt seems to work with g80, i would say opencl, since afaik opencl is not working on g80.

also bug that im geting in gtx295, win7 x64, 195.62 drivers... OpenCL is not checked and it should be:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009