1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp! IRC channel?

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by Thrackan, Mar 9, 2009.

?

TPU IRC channel, good idea?

1. Yes, I'd be a frequent visitor

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Yes, but I won't be on there very much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I don't think it's necessary/handy/a good idea

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. No, because these big slowchat threads should be kept in the forums

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Dear fellow TPU members and crew,

I was wondering if there would be a possibility and interest in setting up a TPU channel on IRC.

There are several "hot" threads that are almost entirely slowchat and to me it feels like there are quite a few people who would like to chat "live" with their fellow TPU members.

This thread is meant to check if my feeling about this interest are correct and of course, if the staff would like to do something with this idea.
    Please cast your vote as well to get a good indication going. I've added four possible arguments to the poll, but feel free to add your own.

2. mrhuggles

mrhuggles

Thanks Received:
    i vote #TPU on efnet or undernet.

3. Silverel

Silverel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Another iteration of TPU chat eh? I've seen it done before, was hot for a couple days, then died off. This was done through the site though, I can't imagine Wiz would object to you guys starting your own IRC though.

It would be handy for idle chatter, but the value of forums is to solve problems for the public. IRC keeps behind closed doors.

4. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    True, and as you said it, W1z probably won't mind, but I'd like to give the idea towards the staff first before we start something "in the name of TPU" without them knowing.

5. mrhuggles

mrhuggles

Thanks Received:
    i think thats why it would be a good idea to establish on large public networks.