1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp! Official IC Diamond Test

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by stinger608, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Dont worry guys, I got your back

[​IMG]
  2. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    My post was as neutral sounding and as friendly as I could make it and I was blockedfrom page interaction.
  3. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Me too. I can't write anything even if I "like" his page.

So don't get your hopes high Rcoon about re-posting the link to this thread if he deletes it! :laugh:
  4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    hmm. i didnt join this test. thank god, but that doesnt mean i am not mad at what happed to the rest of my tpu mates.

in anycase....

diamod = hardest natrual stubstance

metal = pretty soft. so scratches and dents should be common?
    itsakjt says thanks.
  5. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    he's changed privacy settings on FB page. Therefore i am @ tagging IC DIAMOND on my own wall posts and reposting throughout the day, with pics and links to the original thread.
    sneekypeet says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I can make new accounts. I can make as many AOL mail accounts as I like = unlimited facebook accounts.
  7. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I'm in the business of preserving evidence, simply because you deleted legitimate postings on your Facebook page and I want the world to experience your douchebaggery if you decide to come to TPU and edit some shit.

Of course, you'll probably just hire some "independent third-party expert" to refute the quoted posts above.

Good day, sir!
    remixedcat and Mussels say thanks.
  8. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I say fight fire with fire. Ban him here. Also he for some weird reason didn't delete my post. He must have missed it. :toast:.
    remixedcat says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    DDoS the innovationcooling website! take that trash down!
    remixedcat says thanks.
  10. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I have a few hundred computers at my disposal this summer due to kids summer holidays. Maybe.
    d1nky says thanks.
  11. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Be careful saying things like that, you know how the british gov is about these kind of things, just saying ok :)
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  12. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    PRISM will get me V& :laugh:
    I'll just be a douche on his FB with only 207 likes for now.
  13. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    i have a theory...

diamond particles is really hard, and is used as abrasives in industrial applications.
    one such example is this being sold on alibaba
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/733590813/industrial_diamond_dust.html?s=p
    i know this because i have studied machining and machine tool designs as a part of my degree in mechanical engg.

now i do not know about the structure of diamond particles used in this particulat thermal paste.
    As far as i know, based on the chemical atomic structure of diamond, the only ways it can exist, is always crystalline, i.e. with sharp edges.

so we are at this point where.. they are basically putting abrasive particles in your thermal compound. i may be wrong, as i have little clue on artificial diamond manufacturing processes, and there might be some special way to get non abrasive diamond particles. (well, i did a google check and it doesnt produce relevant results)

this would explain the scratches formed on the surfaces.

now to wards the pitting.
    i have analyzed the pictures, and most of the cases the pitting seems to have formed on the lower side of the CPU(assuming most people use desktop standing PCs).

my theory is that... after the heatsink has been mounted and set up right, the diamond particles being heavier than the suspension medium, have a tendency to fall under gravity.

this can be tested by applying a small anount of the stuff on an acrylic plate, then putting another one on top, with a small gap between. if my hypothesis is correct the diamond dust will reach the bottom faster and hence tend to be concentrated towards the bottom a bit more.

now the pitting action.

the pitting action is actually a more advanced form of the previous problem.

we all know that the temp cycles go about 30C difference in between noload and loaded conditions.

this produces tiny deformations in the thin IHS of CPUs and in heatsinks. What i mean is, that due to expansion and contraction, the IHS and surfaces will act like a diaphragm and this will sort of provide a pumping action, agitating the particles and further facilitating the previous problem.

now because of any microscopic imperfection in the surface or because of contamination, a small diamond particle might get lodged in a place. now this diamond particle will attract the other atoms on other diamond particles and slowly a large mass will be gathered.

now this will be pressured by repeated movements of the diaphragm action which may result in the pitting action.

also another theory is its just abrasion from movement. like in a sand blaster.
    there is already movement from the diaphragm action. maybe it was making distinct same currents everytime? it was eroding like a river :)
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    itsakjt says thanks.
  14. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    That's a good guess but none of us found a big chunk of diamond in the pit. :confused:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    its not a chunk, its a cluster of particles.

also another theory is its just abrasion from movement. like in a sand blaster.
    there is already movement from the diaphragm action. maybe it was making distinct same currents everytime? it was eroding like a river :)
  16. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I posted about how this guy is throwing a baby fit and how he is on a baby throwing a tantrum video. I suggest you do so as well. He he!
  17. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    bet he is like this now
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  18. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    LOL at the FB shizz...... have ya ever seen those FB pages that are an attack on another...... :rolleyes:

ANTI-IC.... STOP THE TYRANT IC..... JUSTICE AGAINST IC....
  19. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    he has deleted my comments off the facebook page, and banned me from posting there.

The man truly is a coward.
    AlienIsGOD and remixedcat say thanks.
  20. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Just proves, he knows he was wrong and wont come clean as he will lose face now.
  21. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    I think he finally figured out this is not good for PR. This is why companies have proper PR staff. They can handle all this stuff in a professional manor. CEOs are normally a bit wonky and are supposed to be shielded from public interaction.
  22. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    maybe its because i posted links to at least 5 forums where people have had problems including voided warranties because his diamond paste polished away CPU serial numbers....
  23. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    We're all amongst friends :p Please do post the links here!
  24. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    they were copied from someone elses post in the longer thread.
  25. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Well, He might be able to control his FB page but he cant control the rest of the internet.

If there are any bloggers - blog about this situation on your sites, even if its not tech related. tweeters tweet about it, create an Anti-IC FB group. above all, go to other forums and make sure they know about the bad paste and other forums/web communities that have also suffered as a result of taking part in this TIM test.

screenshot and upload all of his responses. We might not be able to comment on his FB but we can do elsewhere and people will ask questions when they google up so many hits about these tests that went so wrong.

He wants to be an asshole? then lets show the rest of the internet/world what an asshole he really is.
    Mussels says thanks.