1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Temp Question .

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by trickson, Sep 1, 2010.

1. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    My ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MB NB is really hot or so it would seem . I put a temp prob on the HS and MAN this thing is 105-110 ! Tested it at 110F with my inferred temp probe as well ! What if any thing can I do I have a fan on the thing and it still is that hot . NO voltage increase at all in BIOS I took that to auto months ago . Is that normal ? Man I hate things getting that hot ! :eek:
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    110f is about 43c and is cool / normal for a chipset. No reason to have concern at all. :)
    trickson says thanks.
  3. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Thank You . I just got freaked out . When playing Crysis it gets so hot I can touch it and it is like really hot . So I then started to take some readings . I will play again and see if it gets hotter than that . How hot can they get ? You know before they fail .
  4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It may be a bit more now, but I think it will have a tendency to pop at or above 80-90C.
    drdaver, coljarcker and trickson say thanks.
  5. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Ok well I am gong to see how high it goes when in gaming mode . I will report back . Thank Again :toast:
  6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    70-90c-ish. It's different for every chipset, but yours isn't a problem at all. The heatsink getting hot means it's doing its job well and transfering the heat. You could always just use one of those spot-cool fans if it bothers you. Heck my old x48 board used to idle at 58c all the time and it never had a problem and still works today.
    trickson says thanks.
  7. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Yeah cool . Did not go above 44c . I guess that you are right it is hot and there is a fan on the thing . But I do not feel as freaked out any way . All is well thank you again guys . :respect: :toast: