1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Terminal Server Licensing Error

Discussion in 'General Software' started by CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 18, 2013.

1. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Wasnt sure if this should go in Network & Security or General Software. If it needs to be moved, please feel free to do so.

Here is my issue. I have multiple users trying to RDP into 2 different websites to access the information they need. However, when they try to, they receive the error messaged attached below.

Ive gotten in contact with the parties that our users are trying to RDP into and they are telling us that its more of a Microsoft problem as the error being presented is the result of a Windows Update. They then directed me here. However, I have already gone on one users machine and deleted the registry key (MSLicense) manually myself and it did not work.

My question is, does anyone happen to know the name of the update that would cause this error? Im Googling around seeing if I can find it. But would like to gather more help if I could. :)

We were fine up until about 2 weeks ago when the network went down and upon booting back up pushed out all these Windows Updates that hadnt been pushed out in quite some time. So this appears to be a result of that happening. :banghead:

Thanks for any and all input guys! :toast:

Attached Files:

2. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i can't help you because i despise using windows in the manner in which you are using it. but in the mean time install vnc-server and have the users vnc into the box.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately I cannot. These users are connecting to remote servers via the clients website which uses Citrix. They then log in and choose a program called Hyperspace (or hypervision cant remember off the top of my head) which connects them to a remote desktop.

4. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    sounds like a terrible arrangement to have to support :(

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Silly question, though have you checked terminal services is running after the update?

6. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Yeah.
    I have checked. They are set to manual. Should i set them to something else?

7. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
  8. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
  9. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received: