1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Terratec offers six-speakered USB headset with microphone

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Dec 15, 2006.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    While most people assume a headset only has two speakers, the people at Terratec have decided to stick six speaker in a single headset. Putting three speakers on each side of the headset, and attaching a microphone, Terratec has made a very nice set of 5.1 surround sound headphones. The headset plugs into a spare USB port, has a small control panel allowing on-the-fly changes of volume and bass, is designed to be worn for long periods of time and costs £45.
    [​IMG]

Source: The Register
  2. Protius New Member

Thanks Received:
    cool, been lookin for a headset
  3. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    does this have a built in soundcard on these headphones?
  4. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    "Thanks to the integrated sound system, no additional hardware is necessary. Just connect it to the USB 2.0 port, install the software, and the Headset Master 5.1 USB is ready to use."

http://accessoriesen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=252

They actually look quite comfortable. Have one wireless headset, that has that sort of stringyheadbandthingy, feels great and light in head. Only problem with mine are they hiss, so I've used wired since :)