1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Terrible 2D Performance - HELP

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by paulm, Jan 2, 2009.

1. paulm

paulm New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey!

Recently I tested my system on pcpitstop.com, and it seems that my graphics card is severely under performing on 2D Graphics according to their tests. I have the latest drivers fresh installed.

I've tried it with two different cards (7900 GS and 8600 GT), both of which perform relatively well on 3D, but at about 50%-60% worse than the results of other users with the same card on 2D.

Seems there is something wrong with my settings/setup, can anyone offer me some advice as to how to remedy this issue?

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Do you notice any issues while watching movies, browsing the web, etc? What drivers are you using? Have you updated directx? If you don't notice it, I wouldn't worry too much, odds are those cards are overclocked, something PCPitstop doesn't notice on vid cards iirc, at least the last time I ran their tests it didn't catch it on my card(s).

:toast:

3. paulm

paulm New Member

Thanks Received:
    Using the latest drivers from the nvidia website. Directx is 9c.

The thing is, when the 2D part of the test starts, I can see my computer drawing the lines slowly... If I do a test on one of the cheaper dell computers that I have (integrated graphics), it performs normally, and does better on the 2D graphics part...

4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Try older drivers.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Use rivatuner or whatever tool to set 2D clocks higher.

6. Jeffredo

Jeffredo

Thanks Received:
    PC Pitstop's 2D test is a bugged waste of time. I first noticed with my 8800 GTX (and then my GTX 260) that it was telling me it was slower than the 7800 GS AGP and X850 XT AGP I had prior (in my old PC). Checked their forums and there were posts galore about new 8800 series cards that were monsters in gaming yet supposedly pokey in 2D. The general consensus is that the 2D test is a crap measure of the system's performance.

That's about the time I stopped bothering with that site.