1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Testing with Arctic Silver 5 on x1600pro 512MB AGP.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ARTOSOFT, Sep 12, 2006.

1. ARTOSOFT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I want to sharing my experience with Arctic Silver 5.

I know, it is not a killer VGA card. But that's the only I have currently. And I just buy Arctic Silver 5 for my CPU, so I told myself, why don't I use it on GPU cooler?

My Card: ATI PowerColor ATI x1600pro 512MB AGP.
    GPU Cooler: Zalman VF900CU-LED.

Before using Arctic Silver 5, I am using heatsync grease come with zalman kit.

After I applied Arctic Silver 5 and put everything back, idle and workload temp of my card drop 1degreeC.

I am still on 1-2 hours by writing this post. According to manufacturer, Arctic Silver 5 need 200hours cooling down for best performance.

Regards,
    Arto.
  2. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I am usign a diferent silver thermal compound, but I got the same results for my CPU. I dropped about 3*C idle and 2 load. Not bad for five minutes of time.
  3. Agent_D New Member

Thanks Received:
    yea the arctic silver 5 does very well.

i use it on all my cpu and video cards, my last one was able to overclock an extra 35MHz by switching to AS5 over the stock paste.
  4. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    temp drops like that wont make any real world difference thow.. pretty much a waste of time to be honest.. and u must be kidding if u think the likes of zalman cant make a decent heat paste.. he he he

replace the thick stock pads yep.. but anything will do.. the problem with the stock pads aint the heat paste used its the thickness of it..

trog