1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Text -> web based format.

Discussion in 'Programming & Webmastering' started by kikicoco1334, Jan 28, 2014.

1. kikicoco1334

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys I’ve got a problem.

I am trying to import a text file into a web based format. Is there anyways of doing it automatically?

Pretty much pulling the data from this auto-updated text file (that’s in the intranet) and put it into a web based format, and highlight the value that’s over let’s set a random number 80/100.

Is this going to be easier to have it ran though Excel first and then pulling it that way or is there an easier way of doing it with HTML?

Thanks guys.

2. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    html is just a text file, so you can process it with all your text based processing tools.

another option would be to make a php page that reads the text file and outputs the result

kikicoco1334 says thanks.
  3. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    html is just a text file, so you can process it with all your text based processing tools.

another option would be to make a php page that reads the text file and outputs the result

4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    ASPX, PHP, Python, etc. can inject text from one file into another. If you're looking for a client-based solution instead of server, you should look into JavaScript, Silverlight, and Flash.

kikicoco1334 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    For the completely insane... paste and format the text in MS Word, saveas HTML.

It creates a file that's 10,000 times larger than the original but it works. Don't expect to be able to do any hand editing of the resulting file.

6. kikicoco1334

Thanks Received:
    Sorry guys, I wasn't very clear on what I was asking, but you guys answered it!
    I was afraid that I'll be forced to use stuff like PHP.
    (Sorry when I was typing this couldn't think of the name of the languages so I used HTML as supplement)

Thanks again for giving me ideas and pointing me to the right direction!