1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The 44th President....

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by SK-1, Jan 20, 2009.

1. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Is now in office! Congratulations Barack Obama. May the force be with you!
    [​IMG]

shelbomb22 and Nitro-Max say thanks.
  2. Apocolypse007

Apocolypse007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just watched his address. I thought it was very powerful. I look forward to see what happens this year as his first in office.

Kei and Nitro-Max say thanks.
  3. Jakl

Jakl New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bet he gots lot of stuff piled on his desk... He got alot of stuff to deal with.. :roll: thank god I dont live in US lolz

Out with Bush, In with Obama

Its like the new Black

Nitro-Max says thanks.
  4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    The economy will continue to tank through 2009. The question is if it turns around in 2010 or not. At this point, I'm not convinced.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    He's got a tough job ahead of him. Good luck, and good health. Let's hope he is able to do stuff without his political hands being tied.

Nitro-Max says thanks.
  6. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm taking shelter!!!
    [​IMG]

lol jk

Supreme0verlord and Nitro-Max say thanks.
  7. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol CHANGE WOOOOOO! CHAAAAANNGE!

Nitro-Max says thanks.
  8. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Didn't see the inauguration or anything but he's gotta be better than bush right?
    I think that facebook group saying you no longer have a right to choose a ruler can be taken down now (I'm not an admin on it, was just a member ages ago).

Nitro-Max says thanks.
  9. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Bush wasn't bad. Unpopular, but not bad. Nixon was bad. Popular, but bad. A lot of nasty stuff landed on Bush's platter (80+% of which revolved around the events of 9/11/2001). He dealt with them all admirably. USA has never been safer from foreign invasion in all of US history. That has to at least account for something even if there is still work to be done.

DRDNA says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. richardbel

richardbel New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah where's the change?

11. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    This is truly a great day in American history. Hopefully this nation can learn to be more color blind and look more at the person behind their skin. Regardless of what President is in office, it's up to the people who live in the US to make a difference.

12. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it was an epic speech. There were so many things in it, addressing everybody [in the world] who listened, with at least one ongoing issue.

Kei, CyberDruid and Nitro-Max say thanks.
  13. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    celebrate good obama come on!
    but i agree with you wizz, great speech
    it's nice to have a president that can deliver a speech like that again, i think he will do just fine

Nitro-Max says thanks.
  14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    This guy can't lose. Even if he ends up being an epic failure everyone will blame Bush for the problems Obama inherited. If you attack him personally for doing something wrong you risk being labeled a racist. Hes the "teflon president". However he does read a good speech. He would make a great president......in a movie :D

FordGT90Concept says thanks.
  15. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    I think obama will be the best thing thats ever happend to the usa and the world he seems like a true peoples guy that has the right kind of values to do right by everyone i just hope he gets a good chance at it as hes come into office at a such a bad time in history it would be tough for anyone in power tbh. I think some people will be expecting miricles from him but its not going to happen overnight he needs time and help and patience and people to belive in him even if he has to be voted back in next time round i think this guys gonna make things happen..

My thoughts on mr bush mmmm.
    Alot of people dissagreed with his decission making some supported it i think its fair to say when you have mixed feeling among so many millions its hard to make the right choice as you will never please everyone when the 2 towers were brought down he saw an attack on his country and his people that he loved and acted to protect and bring justice not everyone agreed with war but at the same time just as many people would have shurely hated him if he did nothing at all.

I think he had some tough decissions to make that he probably didnt make lightly i think he acted in good faith for his people and country what ever the cost. Alot didnt see it that way they probably never will im shure george bush still wonders did i make the right choices?? i dont think there are any right or wrong choices because you will always have mixed feeling.But at least he can say i did somthing and somthing is better than nothing at all. I think he'll be rememberd as one of the greats as time goes by despite his faults.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
    Kei and FordGT90Concept say thanks.
  16. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Couldn't agree more. His speech gave me goosebumps at some points. Great speaker. This year may suck, with the fallout of last year, but next year I think will be great. :rockout:

17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Very well put. Bush made an easy bad guy. Of course people hated Lincoln, Reagan, Truman and a few others during their time only to be considered greats in later generations. As an American I truly hope Mr. Obama lives up to the hype and isn't a pretty little PC puppet. I didn't vote for him but he's the commander and chief now so he has my support. The bastard better not let me down.

Nitro-Max says thanks.
  18. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes very well put, though I believe that people need to believe in themselves for anything to get accomplished. President Obama is our leader. What he needs to do is believe in our country as our country is founded by the people, for the people. :)

Nitro-Max says thanks.
  19. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    Even though im british ive watched this unfold all the way even in the very early hours of the morning this guy Obama had me hooked his words were inspirational i even cheered lol its somthing ive never done for my own government ive never seen such values and words of hope wisdom ive never had any belief in anyone in power in this country who evers in power they seem to rip us off in some way or form and there words are just words and false hopes. I wanted Obama to win just as much as any american i can tell you because i think he'll do good in the world as well as the usa And if his words are just words then hes tricked us all because i saw a genuine good hearted guy stood up there i hope to god he doesnt let people down.

20. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    And we've never had our freedoms and privacies stripped away like we have now.

If dealing with things admirably means invading a foreign country for no reason whatsoever other than to scare up oil prices so you have plenty of money to retire on....

Well yeah, he did a good job of that really.

I'm not sure how Obama will do, but his charisma and message of hope are things that will surely motivate people to do well for themselves in the future

Apocolypse007 says thanks.
  21. mtosev

mtosev New Member

Thanks Received:
    Barack Hussein Obama II -that's his full name.

22. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    ...and the problem with that is?

Should all people with the last name of Manson be judged as serial killers?

I'm proud America elected a man with such a foreign name, darker skin, etc. etc., it shows we are not closed minded.

23. mtosev

mtosev New Member

Thanks Received:
    just relevant info. I don't know what is bothering you.

Too bad Palin isn't a VP. I would haught harder than when Bush got it wrong. :)

24. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok?

25. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    well - if the way he's been picking his cabinet members is any indication of the kind of president he'll be . . . we're in for a great 4 years. He's been slolwy picking people that are the best suited and qualified as his advisors, and not "yes men," either - people that'll be willing to question and challenge him . . . which will lead to better decisions, and more thorough decision making.

Either way, I get the impression the whole world has been eagerly looking forward to this presidency - he comes across as one that's willing to listen and really think on the issues, and not just tell people what they want to hear.

I hope he's got a dumpster big enough to clean up the mess that's been strewn about, though.