1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The 44th President....

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by SK-1, Jan 20, 2009.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    The Federal Reserve System is controlled by a "board governors," Presidentially appointed. They operate under the United States Treasurer (whom is also Presidentially appointed). They may be privately owned in some respects but they are still operated under federal law/direction.

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    he did good man. informed, entertained, gave some funny stories, then punched jay in the face and threw a guitar at kevin. pretty good show

3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't he have to be up early in the morning? I dont know to maybe.......run the fucking country?! :banghead:

4. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    He can "multi-task."

Poorly.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol tonight show records in the afternoon

6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I'm glad to see he took a long lunch. G-d forbid he did anything like that on his own time.

7. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wasn't he out there to begin with? I mean he didn't go out there for the purpose of JUST being on the tonight show, did he? He must have thought while he was out there it was a good platform to educate a large number of people on the crisis going on. Jay asked some pretty decent questions that lots of people are wondering, and Obama answered them in a way that pretty much everyone can understand.

I think it's good that he went on the tonight show to discuss what's going on.

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Let me tell you something. Democrat or Republican. He had no business on TV unless hes addressing the nation and world. This Obama guy thinks hes a rock star. Its not an F'ing game!

9. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    No, bill clinton thought he was a rock star, Obama thinks he's thinking outside the box.

I don't see any problem with him on the tonight show. If he starts hosting SNL, that's another story.

10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I trusted Clinton a HELLAVA lot more than this jerk.

11. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think "this jerk" has the countries best interest at heart though. He's committed to making sure the $787 billion stimulus package doesn't go towards things that don't create more jobs or don't meet the high standards he's set.

On top of that, I'm with him when he said on the tonight show last night that the AIG execs getting bonuses can suck a f*ck. They censored it of course.

12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    He Ok'ed the AIG getting that money. You wanted "Change" and all we are getting is chains.

13. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    I am glad he clarified his thoughts on the nations mentally handicapped:)

14. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    Of course he OK'd AIG getting that money. AIG had insured too many banks for them to fall out. The issue now is that AIG is taking bale out money and rewarding the execs who got them into this mess with multi million dollar bonuses. He didn't give AIG the money to then turn around and waste on the idiots who F'd up so bad. He's outraged about that and he said he'll do what he can to make sure they don't spend the bale out on anything other than what it's meant for.

what do you mean?

15. Deusxmachina

Deusxmachina New Member

Thanks Received:
    Jim Lehrer to Alan Greenspan:
    "What is the proper relationship, what should be the proper relationship, between a chairman of The Fed and the President of the United States?"

Alan Greenspan:
    "Well, first of all, the Federal Reserve is an independent agency, and that means, basically, that there is no other agency of government which can overrule actions that we take. So long as that is in place and there is no evidence that the administration or the Congress or anybody else is requesting that we do things other than what we think is the appropriate thing, then what the relationships are don't, frankly, matter."

Who watches The Watchmen?

16. Deusxmachina

Deusxmachina New Member

Thanks Received:
    Of course he OK'd the AIG money. Goldman Sachs needed to be paid. :)

It's actually a bit scary how fast Congress passed the AIG bonus confiscation tax. I'm not sure they really read up on it just like how they passed the stimulus bill without actually reading it.

Some say the employees getting those bonuses are not the same people who ran AIG into the ground; that they were/are some good people who signed a contract to help clean up the mess, and of course be paid for doing so. I don't have inside information on the matter, so I don't know which it is.

Either way, Congress has been shooting from the hip for quite awhile now, and I'm not sure if most of them even know what they are aiming at.

17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    My wallet.

18. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh I just saw something on the news about it. I completely missed it last night lol. You know why I missed it? Because its such an insignificant comment.

I can't believe what people get angry about these days. Actually, I'm getting angry that people are getting angry over such a light comment.

19. paulm

paulm New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1

In the current situation, who really gives a flying f*ck about this? Get over yourselves and your politically correct bullshit, it just doesn't matter.

20. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  21. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    We need George Washington.

22. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Gee, I guess you have to have a retarded kid to "get it":shadedshu

IF A REPUBLICAN OR A REPUBLICAN SPOKESPERSON would have said such an IGNORANT statement....the backlash would have been immediate.

What kind of monster mocks the handicapped?

I guess we shouldn't be too surprised by this gauche and downright cruel comment- no different than his classless cheap-shot on 90-yr-old Nancy Reagan in his first presser.

Trouble is that the REAL Barack tends to leak-out when he's not hard-wired to a TelePrompTer-

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  23. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Washington?

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    "Agency of government." Yes, the CIA, SEC, NSA, etc. can't knock on their door and tell them to do this and that. They don't have to follow their instructions; however, if Congress, the Supreme Court, or President orders something of the Fed, they have to act (note, those aren't "agencies" but instead are branches of the government). None of those branches have requested the Fed change their position on a matter so as he stated the relationships "don't matter" ... at least until the status quo (the Fed does something bad/illegal/uncalled for) is disrupted.

It doesn't really matter what he thinks anyway because he is no longer the chairmen of the board of governors.

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Deusxmachina

Deusxmachina New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are there any examples of a President or Congress forcibly making The Fed do something it doesn't want to do? I'd rather not spend who knows how long researching that question, so perhaps you can think of some examples instead. There must be at least some examples from the past 85 years.

Sure it matters what Greenspan thinks and says about The Fed. Just because he's no longer the chairman doesn't mean he wasn't there and knows how it operates.

I was looking for a list of who is on the board of directors. This page might be of interest to some. A few of the board are about halfway down the page.
    http://endthefed.us/lessons/1.php

RuskiSnajper says thanks.