1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The advice thread

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by russianboy, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Time brings experiance, experiance brings wisdom. But a much more efficient process of gaining wisdom is to take the knowledge of those around you.

Got some advice? Share it with us.

This is from my neighbor.

"Take this advice-NEVER call a woman a dumb cunt, she will track you down and try to kill you, or start practicing voodoo....my penis has been shrinking, it's now down to a foot. She must have put a curse on me or something. At the very most, she is an unintelligent vagina."
  2. kiriakost

kiriakost New Member

Thanks Received:

I come from planet Greece , one nation whose
    ancestry had found everything about : science - art - technology - health of body and mind .

Its all in books .... ask your neighbor if he had read them . :laugh:
  3. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    He has read many books throughout his life, as have I.

But while books can contain a significant amount of information, there is some information which a book can't supply. Especially in such a fast paced world such as ours, where everything is constantly changing. I could have published an article a few years ago on the ATi Rage being the awesomest card ever.
  4. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Don't do drugs. That includes cigarrets and alcohol. I'm not trying to be some lamer who goes around schools and preaches DON'T DO DRUGS M'KAY, but I can say from life experiance that there is absolutely zero benefit from drugs, and a whole lot of con. Take ciggarets for example. It costs money to buy something that clogs your lungs, yellows your teeth, makes you and everything you own stink, makes everything around you dirty after a while (ever seen inside a smoker's PC? Yeah... that's your lungs), significantly reduces your stamina, and most likely pisses off non-smokers around you because they have to breathe in your shit.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can attest to this being the son of a smoker I grew up and have mild asthma from constant smoke hanging around...not pleasant
    I would advise mostly against the drugs you think you can handle like weed that do over time tend to change people (from experience here anyhow) into dependant and chronics - I've seen friends move away and lose ambition etc all down to this sort of stuff.

On a happier note, my advice is to take photos occasionally and see how you develop personally - it's interesting to see when you always think of you being the one immovable thing in your life.
    just thought I'd end on (what can be) a positive :)
  6. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Good advice. It reminds me of a quote by Oliver Wendell Holmes on the invention of photography.

“The man beholdeth himself in the glass and goeth his way, and straightway both the mirror and the mirrored forget what manner of man he was…”

-Oliver Wendell Holmes
    Exavier says thanks.
  7. kiriakost

kiriakost New Member

Thanks Received:
    My friend, all humans until now lived at one fast paced world .

And because our world are fast paced too, the only solution are to focus on one specific area.

I wasted my life getting knowledgeable in computers , now i realized the waste .
    If i had target my interest on another subject, i would had more chances to have a stable life.

If i have one advice to offer in public , would be to stay as far as possible ,
    from the imaginary world of Internet.

There is no friendships , moral values are sacrificed in the name of anonymity.
    No one respects any one , it had end up, to be one display of the wealth that we have on our living rooms.

The only positive is the worldwide communication , other than that " emptiness " .
  8. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    that's an excellent quote Polaris, one to remember.

I should like to impart Webster's 'The Duchess of Malfi':

"Ambition, madam, is a great man's madness;
    That is not kept in chains and in close-pent rooms
    But in fair lightsome lodgings, and is girt
    With the wild noise of prattling visitants
    Which makes it lunatic beyond all cure."

as much as I hate my literature teacher, she does pick good plays, with nicely appropriate quotes for life in general.
  9. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Get real friends/family that you can talk to about your personal issues, instead of anonymous people on the internet that you have never actually met. If real friends/family don't exist buy a shrink, because you have deeper issues.