1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The AMD Phenom II OC'ers Club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by ShadowFold, Dec 22, 2008.

1. PHaS3

PHaS3

Thanks Received:
    Lol yeah stupidity leak :|

Thanks for understanding hahaha :toast:

2. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Nah, you're just lucky I'm in a good mood today. :D

3. PHaS3

PHaS3

Thanks Received:
    Haha :D I shall count myself lucky then :p

4. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    LOL Yup

@ Stanmen

What's your current clocks at?

@ VelvetWafer

I see you lurking :p

Velvet Wafer and StanMen say thanks.
  5. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, Well!
    There is a Reason for that!

Its Done,finally!

[​IMG]

:p

JrRacinFan says thanks.
  6. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    Velvet Wafer says thanks.
  7. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    Mmmhmm. Got a fabulous deal. Will be setting up crunching on it here in next couple days.

9. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds majorly fine, gratz on that! ;)

10. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    my Corent clock for CPU and RAM ? bud :D i have all stock for the moment but my ram is running at 1600Mhz is down pick take a look my speeds buddy :D

[​IMG]

:p

i will get new cooler ant then i OC this machine :D he i allrady have settings from you guys to get the OC for start and my start wold be CPU 3.6Ghz idle and on Turbo mod 4.0Ghz and my ram is 1600 stock :D but i will get HT for is 2600 if i'm not rong hehe

Attached Files:

11. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    Yeah get you some cooling and we will get you running

StanMen says thanks.
  12. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    hehehe thanks bud !! u guys are amazing ! thanks :toast:

13. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    It's for the CPUs NB where the internal memory controller resides (IMC) and if it changes the the HT aswell then don't worry about it it wont harm it

14. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    I know which voltages I'm setting thanks for the concern tho and 1.4V was what I was told in here to use ;) as I use 4 x 1GB dimms and less than 1.4V is unstable even at stock clocks

as for getting 3.6 or 3.8 I would go that high but I'm on air not water after 3.5 the PII 940 gets mighty hot when pushed and stays abit to warm for my liking at idle the difference between 3.4 > 3.6 is around 15c idle and 35c extra when loaded :eek:

currently it sits at 28c idle and 47c 100% load so I'm happy with that and with the extra on the HT and NB it makes up for the small lack of overall clock speed:)

PHaS3 says thanks.
  15. Mordecai Walfish New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay so I finally got my M5A99x EVO up and fully running with my previous processor, an AMD Phenom II 555BE that was tested completely stable on air @ 3.6ghz with all 4 cores unlocked.

I would like to get a similar result on this board but the layout of the OC options are truly unlike any I have dealt with before. I also have DDR3-1600 ram that is only running @ 1333, I understand that I will probably have to manually set a bunch of timings, but there is a screen in that shows me the two timing profiles for the memory: the basic 1333 one that is currently in, and then next to it, it lists the correct "XMB" profile that has the timings for my memory listed clear as day. Is there a place I can go in the BIOS to just have the memory follow that second "XMB" profile or do I have to set these all manually? I read the manual front to back and am unsure of this.

The 99x EVO is an amazing motherboard, but it's just a bit alien with the touchscreen-looking interface for the bios and the sheer range of options i'm just not used to.

Paired this with a GTX-480 so I know that every bit of O/C I can get will definitely help my cause here ^_^ I would like to just start by getting back to the known good settings I had for that CPU/RAM, which was 3600mhz on all 4 cores, 2400mhz on the NB (with a bump in voltage to 1.0125 i believe.. i'll have to research a bit up it's been a while =), and the ram tightened from timings of 9-9-9-24-2t to 8-9-8-24-1t @ DDR3-1600 speed (800mhz)

Any 99xEVO owners want to help lead me in the right direction here?

Thanks!!
    -Morde

EDIT: D'oh! G-skill to the rescue: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

I guess the main thing I'd like to know is about the voltages on this motherboard and whether I should be setting as many as I can manually, or if I should use any of the EPU/VRM+, etc features on the motherboard while overclocking for the best results.

I remembered to disable CPU Spread Spectrum, Cool&Quiet & C1E, but with all of the other options on this board I cant help but wonder if I'm missing anything I should be switching on/off for the 4 core unlock/oc/memOC. For example, VRM Spread Spectrum and PCIE Spread Spectrum, should those also be disabled? So much going on with this board and that suite of software is just massive.. is it recommended to install the "AI Suite" in windows for this motherboard, or will I be not be missing much by only modifying the stuff included in the bios?

Sorry for all the questions.. just a bit overwhelmed and looking for some experienced users ^_^ -Thanks again!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  16. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    The setting are in there but the UEFI interface is a little confusing... I still have trouble finding stuff in there. Double check the manual to see if it shows you where the sub-menus are within each page.

There are a few of us here with that board so I hope one of the other users can help you out with it.

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Mordecai Walfish New Member

Thanks Received:
    Heres the progress I've made:

ram timings are back to 8-9-8-24-40-1t @ DDR3-1600 speed

CPU/NB is set to 2400mhz, voltage is set to 1.275

HT is set to 2400mhz (this one is strange, as the bios always reports it as being set at 2000, even when I set it to 2400.. does this one require a voltage increase at all to o/c?)

CPU Multiplier set to x17 (3.4 Ghz)

Idle temp: 39
    Linpack (High): 59

EDIT - Made a thread in the Overclocking section regarding this, if you care to comment there it would be appreciated: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167904

Thanks again!
    -Mordecai

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  18. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    it would seem that one of the patches MS put out for rhe BD FX is giving me little old 940 a wee bit of a boost

Hotfix for Windows (KB2645594) Install status: Successful

which is the tread ordering one the other one for core parking didn't install (no reason it should I don't have an BD based FX or opteron CPU)

19. gmastra100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not sure if this is the thread I need to be on, but I have a phenom II and I want to overclock , so here I am , appologies if its the wrong place.
    I have a phenom x 2 3GHz Callisto 545 which I use in an unlocked 4x denab 3GHz manner, but cant get more than 3.4GHz stable in x4 mode.
    There is a x6 1055T up for sale on a certain web page who might consider a part exchange.
    Question, will I get more noticable difference from it ?
    I over clocked to 3.6Ghz ( not too stable , temp up at 40deg) but Wei no better. see attached.
    I dont want to buy bulldozer as reports are not that flattering, most say phenom 2 is better ( $ vs power)
    Any thoughts, should I go for it ?

Attached Files:

Irony says thanks.
  20. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    I have a 1090T, great chip. 1055 doesn't have an unlocked multiplier I dont think. It would be an ok upgrade if you aren't really interested in overclocking very high. If you want to get a massive OC though, bulldozers seem to get to 4.5ghz without much sweat.

Regarding your current overclock though, you're probably using the FSB? Because it affects the speeds of alot of things not just CPU, and hence makes it harder to stabilize. Also, CPU voltage generally needs to be raised when overclocking. Idk, maybe you already know all that.

21. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Time to wake the thread back up. Got one of those odd ball business class chips. Phenom II B97 clocks pretty damn good for the first try on it.

[​IMG]

22. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    im guessing the multiplier is locked from going higher.

otherwise it be equivalent to the 955 BE or 555 BE Unlocked to B55/955 BE spec

23. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Yup that's the max multi ie a 955 non-BE. I also have fixed any temp issues I had...Just need earplugs now.

[​IMG]

24. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Holy LOL. I have never seen that many fans stacked around a rad lol. Isn't that a lot of stress on that first fan?

25. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    The clear to fans are hollow. The entire point of them is to remove the dead spot of the fans so they simply act as a shroud. As for stress its not really that heavy.

Seems to be working pretty damn well I must say.

[​IMG]