1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The American TPU Clubhouse.

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Jun 27, 2011.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    I know. I was being "simple", lol :)
  2. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I WANNA BE A MEMBER

I love me some m'erica
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You're added. What do you love about AMERICA other then its not the UK?
  4. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I really love the fact that AMERICA isn't England or Great Britain, too. What a bunch of poofters. Montgomery has got to be the biggest catcher to ever command troops. Hell, even Omar Bradley would have pitched on him.
  5. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Life long American:toast:
    Born and raised in the largest state in the USA (and no it ain't Texas):rockout:
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth New Member

Thanks Received:
    Damn Brit messing with an American that can't grasp your subtle sarcasm. Don't you know that our education system sucks???

How the hell was I supposed to remember that you guys weren't man enough to kill people???
  7. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Now you hang on a minute! I've killed lots of flies and small insects in my time (especially with fly spray). I've even flushed a spider down the toilet by accident.

Now who's not man enough! :roll:
  8. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was scoffing until I read about the spider. I can't mock a man who's dealt with one of those.:roll:
  9. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Well, it was an accident. :cry: It was a bit dark in my house and I'd just started doing my business, when I saw a black dot moving around. On closer inspection, I saw it was a fairly small, hapless spider.

And I wasn't fishing it out of that! So I completed my business and flushed it.
  10. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth New Member

Thanks Received:
    Still, it's a spider. You can't trust 'em and you did the right thing.
    qubit says thanks.
  11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Any tire can be driven in snow, but it doesn't mean it will perform well. I've driven through winters on almost bald tires, made it through a snow storm with unplowed freeways, (freeway was actually closed from so much snow) snow up to my cars headlights with horrible tires. But those military tires are extremely hard, which is bad for winter driving, they become like rocks, don't want to grip anything. And with only lugs and no tread groves that run around the tire, and large spacing between the lugs, it's far from ideal for snow use, unless maybe you stud them. They might be decent on something light, but aren't they also bias ply and flat spot on anything with some decent weight? Also like I said, being a hard tire, rock use isn't a very good idea.

Not saying they won't make a great mud tire, it's what they are meant for, they will tear up mud. But as far as an all season tire, too hard, bias ply, no tread grooves around the tire.

With no center grooves and a big flat raised surface, along with raised lugs, on plowed roads that things going to be scary as hell, but like driving on a bald tire. Just like I can imagine they would be on a rainy paved road at a decent speed, just hydroplane. Not saying you can't make it work, just saying it will be far from ideal.
  12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I just updated the first post with AMERICAN AWESOME! Other lesser nations wish they had that kinda patriotism.

Works for MT Alex just fine.
  13. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    To clarify, I drive 750/16's, but they have a modern tread, one that grips like you have chains on all four tires. Sometimes they dig in and grip so well it feels like your truck is going to be pulled in half. Some will say that skinny "pizza cutter" tires don't work well in mud. Bull Puckey. In the clay gumbo Eastern Montana mud, if you have wide tires you have absolutely not steering capabilites. Period. You'll turn your wheel, but keep going straight. Tourists and wide tire gonads often get stranded when they get caught in a gully washer rain storm. The ground goes from hard to grease in a matter of seconds.

Best tires ever. Also, hydroplaning is from not enough foot pounds, not from lack of tread. Cut down through the water and there is zero chance of hydroplaning.

[​IMG]
    stinger608 and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  14. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah that tread design looks much better for snow, also don't look nearly as hard. But hydroplanning can be caused by lack of treads when your tires don't have any grooves running around the tire it's going to be hard for them to cut down through that water. Notice any road tire will have 2 or 3 grooves running around the tire, I can see 2 large ones on those 7.50/16's.

**EDIT**
    I don't mean lack of tread, I mean poor tread design. Those military tires on not designed to drive on Wet paved roads. They are for off road / muddy conditions.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  15. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    :roll::roll:

If I can catch them alive, I always like to give them swimming lessons.

This.
  16. Pestilence New Member

Thanks Received:
    East coast here. What do I love about america? Big breasted petite teens :)
  17. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah all those growth hormones and estrogen in milk sure do a body good. Well..if you're a girl.
  18. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    better known as silicon lol.
  19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:

If too much swearing, mods just remove :p But I feel this is a necessity for the clubhouse.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  20. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    The USA has used all the money from the oil gathered from Iraq in the reconstruction of Iraq. If you calculate that plus all the other funds the USA is using for Iraqi reconstruction you would realize that the USA didn't do it for oil. It was imposing a Western ideology on a country violating no fly zones and shooting at USA surveillance craft for over a decade. Now is a great time for Iraq to change leadership for the better since we stupidly fought and induced their civil war. I guess you aren't much into data as much as cartoons.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  21. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    While tire pressure can be a factor, hydroplaning occurs when the speed you are driving at exceeds the tire's ability to remove enough water between the pavement and the tire to prevent the tire from lifting off the pavement.
    The most critical factor in this equation is tread design.

About my little section of America ...
    - I love (my section of) america because I can stand out on my deck naked, taking a piss off the side into the bushes, while shooting my rifle at bottles I put in a bonfire I started in the backyard ... and I'm doing nothing illegal.
    - If my chainsaw won't start I can use my shotgun to cut down small trees.
    - If you break into my house, and threaten my family I can (and will) kill you.
    - If you come to my home and are needy, I will cloth, feed and give you shelter until you can get back on your feet.
    - If you come to my home thirsty, I will give you all the beer you want, but I will take your car keys until you are sober.
    - If you disagree with me, I will fight for your right to do so freely without gov intervention, and will not hold your opinions against you.
    - If you want to come and party PM me for direction. :)

Freedom. It's not just for breakfast anymore.
    Do not confuse the US government with the US people. They are not the same.
    driver66 and MT Alex say thanks.
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    If I come to your house and get all the free beer I want, you will be housing me for a long time, as I may never be able to actually get back on my feet.
  23. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    You're a neighbor (MN), I'm good with that. You will have to help cut wood though.
  24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Good ole wood stoves, I remember the horrors of stacking wood as a child.
    mastrdrver says thanks.
  25. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I forgot to add that if I put you up, you have to go fishing with me to help us restock the freezer.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.