1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The American TPU Clubhouse.

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Jun 27, 2011.

1. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Actually the USA has some of the most open immigration in the world. So open we don't engage Mexicans from across the border crossing with weapons the majority of the time. We have them shoot at our Border defense Patrols and they don't shoot back most of the time. Drug cartels from Mexico could easily take over portions of the UK if they bordered you. Your police often times don't even carry firearms. Our police carry two handguns and a shotgun and/or rifle in the trunk. We defend our people because we have more threats to our safety. I am glad we are not so soft on criminals and we don't let fresh immigrants push us around and censor our free speach either.

Englands Finest in action:

[​IMG]

If that was in the USA it would have played out different. If he injured someone with those bricks we would have given him a time limit to get off that roof via a provided means and if he continued to throw those bricks we might have shot his ass off. Public safety and protecting the innocent is far more important than protecting a criminal hurting innocent people.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
    remixedcat says thanks.
  2. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    i'm not surprised he ordered kfc,he climbed three floors for it,he must have been tired the poor little lamb..
    the service wasnt very prompt though,its 2011 and he ordered it in 2006
    i would have gone for something a little more like food though,maybe a nice lasagne with a cold beer to wash it down
  3. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Haha even the criminals are lame in the UK!
  4. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Little side note. During the cold war we provided arms and supplies to the Muslim "terrorists" who fought against the Soviet Union. These arm are now being used and distributed in the Middle East, in the efforts to stop the influence of the West.

None of these observations are ground-breaking in any sense of the word.

We went into Iraq to establish a second, and more democratic, foothold in the Middle East (where my Israelis at?). Our leaders, for whatever reason, believed that there were weapons of mass destruction, and used it as a reason to "liberate" the people. They "liberated" the country from the dictators that they put into power to fight the Soviets. This is America finally doing right by the people they used as pawns in the war versus communism, no more and no less.

Back to the happy. Anyone else finally enjoying the summer sun? It's been a long time coming considering the massive winter this year.
  5. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes. Been in the pool a lot since the weather turned hotter.
    I'm enjoying it as much as I can as we will have snow again in a few months. lol
  6. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    Spent 4 hours in it today sweating. Probably dropped 10lbs!! it was well worth it to have a clean car though.

I have yet to go to my community pool, I really should though.....
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Lies. All I got was an ass whoopin' and a fine.
  8. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    all we got is 2 window acs to deal with this inferno... cant afford to put a central one in... our house is from 1910 or somethin like that... and where I live the temps should never get this hot. 60% of the houses here don't have central becuase you normally don't need it.

[​IMG]

is my area forecast... bloody hell... note the averages on the side... that's how it's supposed to be this time of year.

and inb4 texans and AZ folks....

my family is from Poland and I was born in NE Ohio in the winter.... to me anything above 85 is hell!!! my genetics can't cope with it....

and when it's cold you can just bundle up and it's easier to deal with... and cheaper... I got a fireplace and tons of firewood and kerosene heaters and space heaters.

I just wear hoodies and baggy wind pants and those keep me warm....
  9. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    really damn an ass whoopin and a fine, how much was the fine you must be use to the ass whoopins already. we all know hitting a man in the wallet hurts more :roll:
  10. freaksavior

Thanks Received:
    Your complaining about low 90's? but then again with no central AC I can't really blame you.

Here is our 10 day forcast

[​IMG]
    Screen shot 2011-07-09 at 9.20.28 PM.png
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Ouch that sucks.....
  12. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Tell me about it. Who the hell can sleep at night when it's not below 45? Summer sucks ass.

[​IMG]
    stinger608 says thanks.
  13. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I would kill to have those temps right now even, and I'm sure that 3/4ths of the US would.
  14. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    50 degrees out right now and so nice and comfy :laugh::laugh:
    Plus, the stars are incredible.
  15. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Did i say anything about the UK? Nope so why mention it? Got an inferiority complex?
    BTW i live in Scotland (lump the rest of the UK with England nice one) and we have our own judicial system protected in the act of union. Also there are different police forces in the UK for different areas.

Immigration is extremely open in the EU, we have freedom of movement.

Mexico? Your talking in a what if scenario who is to say the UK would be the same if it bordered Mexico? We border nothing but the sea so its easy to protect our borders, i don't have a problem with people legally entering the UK; contrary to a stagnated jobs market there are labour demands in certain sectors, emigration and more people in their old age.

The reason police don't carry firearms is obvious because it would be hypocritical for police to carry arms while citizens cant, also because no one owns guns there is less of a need for a police offer to carry them. Only the anti terrorist guys carry sub machine guns and mostly they guard at airports.

Its nice when i get called out, makes me feel wanted :rolleyes:

I don't really see why that man on the roof got a KFC? Over here the police are liable so if for example he starved to death the officers are liable for that; (its to do with prisoners going on hunger strike from the suffragettes to the troubles in N.Ireland) although that doesn't mean he needs a KFC. First time ive heard of anything like that, how did you find out about that then?

Americans have their systems and i don't really care tbh, don't go criticising other places. Before anyone jumps, what i said was true as immigration is a big issue in America. I didn't criticise American immigration issues.
  16. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    u mad? america is the king and you are a serf. gtfo outta this clubhouse, chump!
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  17. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    What kind of heat index you got there?

Temps look the same as we are having up in KS though thanks to the heat index, we get to tack on another 10F. Go to love working outside in this. :shadedshu

At least I don't have to go to the gym. :laugh:
  18. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    :toast:
    I lol'd at most of the stuff in this thread.

Keep it up guys, MM you are doing a great job at running this one, soon it'll be as awesome as the UK thread. :p

:toast:

All in fun guys, all in fun.
  19. freaksavior

Thanks Received:
    Heat index is usually 8-10. It's 95 it'll feel like 105.

I was outside trying to mount my front mount intercooler for 3 hours and my shirt was soaked in sweat. Gross and I know y'all didn't need to know that. Texas heat sucks balls. Big hairy fucking monkey balls.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    my heat index is like 8F usually. 88 and the realfeel is like 95 I believe currently.
  21. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    Nice cooler week here in central IL

[​IMG]
  22. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Now that's what I am talking!!! Frigging 750 16's and a serious husky to get ya pretty much anywhere!!!

Better count me in on this thread LOL. Being in Wyoming there is some pretty serious country to deal with.
    MT Alex says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  23. freaksavior

Thanks Received:
    Here's what I did during the summer heat today.

[​IMG]

Sad part is It doesn't fit with the bumper :(
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    From the angle looks like plenty of ground clearance with the bumper? My cars FMIC sat a bit low for my tastes, so I cut the bottom strip off. Then cut about an inch up off the front and back, then welded the bottom strip back in and bolted the rad back to that so it was raised up enough for ground clearance, worked slickly. That a Turbo Diesel?
  25. freaksavior

Thanks Received:
    I actually decided it wasn't close enough to the crash bar and used nylon string to tie it closer together (obviously just to test fit) and it still didn't fit. It sucked working in the 95+ HEAT and not getting anything done. At least I got gas for $3.23 a gallon.

It's not a turbo diesle, but a turbo 2.0l it's an Audi a4
    Crunching for Team TPU