1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The ASUS P45 Owner's Club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by alexp999, Mar 28, 2009.

1. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Well, despite my video card loss, I finally got an orthos stable 4ghz. Both gtls at .635 and a slight bump in vcore. Had to do a bios reset, so most other settings are on auto.. love this deluxe mobo..
    [​IMG]

2. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    This is my stable 24/7 gaming oc:
    [​IMG]

3. JackAttack

JackAttack New Member

Thanks Received:
    can I join?

Jack

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  4. Coops New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can I Join?

P5q Pro Turbo
    Bios 0602

5. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    These motherboards are folding workhorses. I've never experienced any thing like it. I can game full blast on my gtx280, while my 9800gtx folds full time. I'm wondering about an 8800gs or something for the 3rd slot....
    And yes, you are in Coops! But we are alllll alone.........

6. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys..... thought I would let you know Im back again. Ive got a different board im using this time around, ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo... so far so good! And Im still in the club

7. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Well, Alex has left TPU. And alot of the other P45 members have either moved on from P45 or ain't active... lol.

8. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm still kicking around, just taken a massive break from the internet due to AS levels. That said I descend back to the realm of work again...
    Heck that was posted from the P45 machine having just finished the ungodly amount of coursework I had!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  9. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Im still kicking a good ol' P45 around.

10. Grnfinger

Grnfinger New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jlewis02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im still rocking a P45.
    [​IMG]

12. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    WOOT for p45 im rocking one

13. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Thread necromance! Just found this thread (through google lol) and it should come in handy as I just made some changes to my rig and am looking to clock it a bit.

I was running an e5200 before and that was an easy OC I just disabled the standard stuff, manually set vcore and RAM settings then set it to 355 x 10. It was that easy but now im running a q9550 with 4 x 2gb RAM and its a lil trickier to get going, I have it at 3.2 right now with all 4 RAM slots populated. At stock speed I was able to run the RAM at their rated 1066 so hoping I can maintain that :eek:

Anyways I got some reading/tweaking to do :D

14. NastyHabits

NastyHabits

Thanks Received:
    Wow! Someone posted on this old thread. Good luck with your P45. I'm sure I had the worst luck of anyone in the world with this ASUS product. (Went through 3 of them before I gave up). :(

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  15. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Loved my p45 systems, and the friends I sold them to tell me they still rock. P45 all the way!

16. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    HaHa ya i know this is a zombie thread :eek:

Like i mentioned, i recently made some "upgrades" and need some help to get it clocking again so hit up Google and came across the thread here :)

I swapped CPU's from an e5200 to this q9550 and added an extra 2 x 2Gb of RAM. With the e5200 and the single set of 2 x 2Gb it was E Z P Z japaneezee to get it running @ 355 x 10 but now it's being finicky, i'm guessing it's because of the extra set of RAM? I came across some post's with people saying they couldn't get their RAM to run @ rated 1066 using 4 x 2 but for me on stock freq it was no problem, thankfully, but once i start bumping the freq i start pulling hair's :banghead:

Sys spec's @ left running the 2301 BIOS

Anyways back to digging/reading :eek:

17. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Excuse the DBL post :eek: I'm currently using these setting's and just want to make sure they're safe and if i need to change anything let me know please. If anyone recall's these ol' setup's :confused: Thanks :)

CPU RATIO: 8.5
    FSB FREQ: 400
    PCIE FREQ: 100
    FSB STRAP TO N/B: AUTO
    DRAM FREQ: 1066
    DRAM CLK SKEW: ALL AUTO
    DRAM TIMING CONTROL: 5 5 5 15
    DRAM STATIC READ CONTROL: DISABLED
    DRAM READ TRAINING: DISABLED
    MEM OC CHARGER: LIGHT
    AI CLOCK TWISTER: AUTO
    AI TRANSACTION BOOSTER: AUTO

CPU VCORE: 1.264v Prime LOADED
    CPU GTL VOLTAGE REF (0/2): 0.630v
    CPU GTL REF (1/3): 0.650v
    CPU PLL VOLTAGE: 1.52v
    FSB TERMINATION VOLTAGE: 1.26v
    DRAM VOLTAGE: 2.2v
    NB VOLTAGE: 1.22v
    NB GTL REF: 0.630v
    SB VOLTAGE: 1.10v
    PCIE SATA VOLTAGE: 1.50v

LOAD LINE CALIBRATION: ENABLED
    CPU SPREAD SPECTRUM: DISABLED
    PCIE SPREAD SPECTRUM: DISABLED
    CPU CLOCK SKEW: AUTO
    NB CLOCK SKEW: AUTO
    CPU MARGIN ENHANCEMENT: OPTIMIZED

Currently typing/Priming (1Hr Large FFT so far) on these setting's and MAX temp's are 65 52 54 54

So any advice for us vintage clocker's? :eek:

18. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Leave your GTLs on auto. They're way low. You generally want to use somewhere between 63-67% of what your VTT (FSB TERMINATION VOLTAGE) is set to. I don't really remember what the recommended ballpark area is for NBgtl.

m1dg3t says thanks.
  19. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    For stability, I'd start both gtls at .630, and progress. I found .650 could cause instability, so I'd back that off. Set them both equal as well. I also would bump up nb voltage to at least 1.3v to start.

m1dg3t says thanks.
  20. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    I think there is still a few people left on the forum running similar setup's, care to chime in and add some info?

I came across quite a few post's saying not to leave them on AUTO as they can seriously overvolt, especially when reaching 400Fsb and more, which i hope to surpass :eek: Currently 400 x 8.5 seem's Prime stable on Small FFT/Large FFT & Blend for 4Hrs - 5Hrs each. Also i have never really been a fan of leaving volt's on AUTO in general :eek:

I evened them out to .630v each and bumped the NBv up to 1.26v. Everything seem's stable (Prime & SuperPi) but haven't been able to play any game's because my BDRom is not reading game disc's for some strange resason? I can put in a CD/DVD/BD and it autoplay's and load's fine but when i put in a game disc it doesn't autoplay and when i go into my computer to manually open the disc it does nothing :confused: It's even more frustrating because i just picked it up from my tech guy over the weekend :banghead:

Regarding the GTL's i copy & pasted setting's from someone who was running an exact setup as mine but just changed some setting's from his, GTL's was one that did not get changed :eek: I think they were that way because the person was having problem's with 1 or 2 core's failing stress test's so he upped the volt's to increase his stability

21. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    m1dg3t says thanks.
  22. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Thanks but all that does is confuse the hell out of me! There is too much calculation's (are they even correct) and if your MOBO is this then try that there for me to make any sense of it. I got half way through the first page and closed the window as it was just adding to my confusion :eek: I`m not going to try something someone say`s might work for my combo based on calculation`s they got from who know`s where using who know`s what combo.

I don`t like those kind`s of post`s because they are like Chinese language to me :eek: Not trying to be rude, just realistic for my situation & abilities :respect:

Edit: What GTL`s were you running and what was your combo?

I'm a simpleton. I admit :eek: I am no OC master, and i don`t intend to become one, this is really my first go at OCing the 775 platform lol Like i said before with my e5200 & 4Gb RAM it was so easy to get a nearly 1Ghz OC my 8yr old nephew could have done it :) I`m not gunning for a WR just a few extra Mhz and stable :cool: I`m a p4 OCer, nice & easy :laugh:

From the post's i have come across with people using the same board and series of CPU as me they seem to be running from .630 to as high as .655

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  23. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, thats not a voltage. That .630 is 63% of the VTT or fsb termination that you are using. Some motherboards use an actual voltage so you have to do the calculations yourself. I wasn't sure what your motherboard did since its been a while.

I'm pretty sure that its just the percentage. So you don't have to do any calculations. If thats the case then your current settings are fine.

m1dg3t says thanks.
  24. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Any other member's currently running a p45 board please chime in with your result's! I know it's old stuff but still relevant :eek:

I see, i was under the impression it was a straight voltage parameter. I have spent the last few hour's reading through that thread and i must say it is rather confusing for myself but you were right in the sense that it is full of info! I still can't grasp entirely how the whole GTL thing work's but the more i know the farther i go, right? :eek:

TBH i'm not entirely sure myself how my MOBO does it lol as mentioned previously i just used the most common "safe" setting's for my combo, that i have come across anyways.

I was avoiding Xs since i tried to log in about 10 - 12 month's back or so and they wouldn't accept my log in info and said i needed to pay $1 to post! But for what ever reason i was allowed to log in today and wasn't charged $1 :confused:

I'm going to keep digging through their bowel's and see if i can find anything about my particular combo, it's gonna be fun because there is SOOOOO much that goes on over there in regard's to OCing and it's been like 1 - 2 year's since anyone was really doing anything with these chip's/board's. I just may end up starting a thread there :eek:

25. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    I leave GTL on Auto running 445 FSB 24/7. It's been that way for about 3 years+ now. Granted, I am only using a Dual core e8400. If its not causing stability or heat issues, what is the problem?

edit: Also, judging from your clocks/volt, it looks like your voltage may be too low to go over 400 FSB. Even my lowly dual core needs 1.31volts. Just stay under 1.38 or so

Here is a sample Q9550 in p5q from another website. Be sure to turn Intel C1E OFF or you will suffer throttling
    http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=50

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012