1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Believe it or not thread! Post unbelievable pics and facts!

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by RadeonX2, Mar 4, 2009.

1. RadeonX2

RadeonX2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    All These Are Wierd Yet True .. Add Yours Also If You Know Any

Stremnaya Road Is Called The Road Of Death And Is Situated In Bolivia !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow think of taking a crotch rocket down that, and taking some wicked fast corner and then casually losing your life! hahahahah

3. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    hate to break it to you but This is the Guoliang Tunnel in China constructed in 1972 to 1977. It is 1200 meters long, 5 meters high and 4 meters wide.

I don't know why most ppl think its in Bolivia when most sites i seen it on says its actully in the Hunan Province, China

4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    the pics he posted where from china i even found the same pics on a chiniese site about touriests lcations in china and next to the great wall its one of the most visited places in china alot of ppl think the pics he posted are from bolivia cuz they have a road thats almost the same just it actully dosen't go through a tunnel its just on a side of a mountain ensted of the one in china goes through the side of the mountain in a tunnel

6. RadeonX2

RadeonX2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dang sorry about that :banghead:

World's weirdest houses

1)Hundertwasser's House

[​IMG]

Hundertwasser, master of unconventional architecture, constructed this complex of 50 apartments in 1982-1985. It is an unusual house that does not correspond to the usual clichés and norms of academic architecture. This house is considered one of the city's most popular tourist attractions. It has no straight lines or surfaces, completely asymetrical, with tortuous corridors, rounded-off corners, plants and trees.

2)The Upside-Down House

[​IMG]

The Upside-Down House was created by Daniel Czapiewski in the village of Szymbark, northern Poland, on July 31, 2007. It represents not merely a bizarre tourist attraction, but is also meant to be a profound statement about the Communist era. It took 114 days to build the house, because the workers were disorientated by the strange angles of the walls.

3)Toilet-Shaped House

[​IMG]

This Toilet-Shaped House south was built by the founding member of the World Toilet Association. The house features four deluxe toilets and is dedicated to providing clean sanitation to the more than 2 billion people who live without toilets. The home has a showcase bathroom placed in its centre. Other toilets have features that range from elegant fittings to the latest in water conservation devices. The house bears the named Haewoojae, which stands for Korean "a place of sanctuary where one can solve one's worries".

4)The House on the Stick

[​IMG]

The design of the House on the Stick was inspired by highway billboards . The house is rather small. It is only 27 square meters (290 square feet) and as such it is not intended to be a family residence. It is designed as an object suitable for almost every place on earth, for instance, forests, seas, lakes, mountains, meadows as well as on the main city street.

5)Bubble House

[​IMG]

Bubble House was constructed on Pierre Cardin's demand. The project was being built by an architect named Antti Lovag for an industrialist with whom Lovag had become friends while building a previous house. The house was intended to demonstrate the possibility of short-circuiting traditional architecture in the name of original, contemporary design.

6)The Broken Column House

[​IMG]

The Broken Column House is so named because it takes the form of a ruined classical column. The house was created by the aristocrat François Nicolas Henri Racine de Monville who made it his main residence during the years immediately before the French Revolution.

7)The Glass House by Philip Johnson

[​IMG]

The Glass House is one of the world's most beautiful and yet least functional homes. The house is symmetrical and sits solidly on the ground. The quarter-inch thick glass walls are supported by black steel pillars. The interior space is divided by low walnut cabinets and a brick cylinder that contains the bathroom. The cylinder and the brick floors are a polished purple hue. Philip Johnson says that when people come into his house they just shut up and look around. The Glass House is now open to the public, with tours booked many months in advance.

7. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    world toilet association?

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    dude i really really really want to live in the bubble house

9. Error 404

Error 404

Thanks Received:
    Me too!

10. RadeonX2

RadeonX2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

The photograph attached was taken by the crew on board the Columbia
    during its last mission, on a cloudless day.
    The picture is of Europe and Africa when the sun is setting.
    Half of the picture is in night. The bright dots you see are the cities' lights.

The top part of Africa is the Sahara Desert .

Note that the lights are already on in Holland , Paris , and Barcelona,
    and that's it's still daylight in Dublin , London , Lisbon , and Madrid .

The sun is still shining on the Strait of Gibraltar . The Mediterranean Sea is
    already in darkness.

In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean you can see the Azores Islands;
    below them to the right are the Madeira Islands ; a bit below are the
    Canary Islands; and further South, close to the farthest western point
    of Africa , are the Cape Verde Islands.

Note that the Sahara is huge and can be seen clearly both during
    day time and night time.

To the left, on top, is Greenland , totally frozen.​

11. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Damn good street art. pretty unbeliveable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hat, das müffin mann and RadeonX2 say thanks.
  12. RadeonX2

RadeonX2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    World's Worthless Money!
    no offense to people living in the said country​

If you think the American economy is bad, take heart that it's nowhere near the ultra-super-hyperinflation in Zimbabwe, once one of the richest countries in Africa. The country's central bank has recently issued a Z$100 billion note (yes, Z$100,000,000,000). So, what would a Z$100 billion note buy you? About two loaves of bread (it won't even get you lunch - you'd need at least Z$250 billion for lunch).

So far this year, the country ravaged by hyperinflation has been forced to print 100-million, 250-million and 500-million notes in rapid succession. All of them are now almost worthless. has become common now for Zimbabweans to talk of their daily expenses in trillions (one trillion is 12 zeros).

10 million Zimbabwean Dollars = US$4
    [​IMG]

500,000 Vietnamese Dongs = US$30
    [​IMG]

100,000 Indonesian rupiah = US$11
    [​IMG]

During the 1997 Asian financial crisis, the rupiah lost 80 percent of its value within months, sparking riots in Jakarta (and soon ending President Suharto's 32-year rule).

50,000 Iranian Rial = US$5

[​IMG]

Since the 1979 revolution, Iran's inflation rate has hovered around 15 percent, thanks in part to ever-rising oil prices.

50,000 Si Tomi Dobra = US$3.47
    [​IMG]

This African island nation's economy is tied to the volatile price of its chief export, cocoa, and is measured against its trading partners robust euro.

10,000 Guinean Francs = US$2.33

[​IMG]

2002, the mineral-rich African country refused to implement reforms mandated by the International Monetary Fund; foreign cash dried up, and the central bank printed too much money.

13. JC316

Thanks Received:
  14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Isnt that a level in Segas "Daytona USA"?

I don't believe this photo is real. I mean where is the shadow of the space shuttle?

15. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    in the dark part of the earth? even so, an object so small and insiginifcant as a space shuttle would have virtually no shadow. If you threw a single grain of sand in the air, would it cast a visible shadow?

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Dude.......it was a joke. :shadedshu

17. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh boy, do I want 500,000 Vietnamese Dongs!

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Ya like the "dongs" do ya ShadowFold? :laugh:

19. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Lol Mailman, but because I want to further prove your joke to be wrong... The setting sun would be 'in front' of the shuttle as opposed to the shuttle being in between the light source (the sun) and the planet. This statement is thoroughly correct due to the way sunset works, and how you can see it happening in the picture. Geez.

Edit: Because I lack humor right now, your dongs have gone over my head. I still firmly want the Zimbabwean Dollars, as it is more fun to say.

20. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    it appears you people have never been to AZ...we have roads like that everywhere, that actually looks pretty nice.

21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok the shuttle joke was based off all the conspiracy nuts out there that say we never landed on the moon. Most of the time they state something about a "shadow" being incorrect in a photo.

Now "Dong" is a slang word in the U.S. for penis. And knowing that is half the battle. GI JOE!

22. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:

Well now plum diggity. You mean my wanger, prick, dysfunctional piston or what have you has a new name? And also, I take your shadow explanation and throw it straight out. One because the Earth is flat and two because I am 'pestering' you. Sorry. Also, GI JOE!

23. sttubs

sttubs

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone know what cities that guy does the chalk drawings in?

24. JC316

Thanks Received:
    On his website that I posted above, it's mostly in the UK, but he does them all over. He did one in Times Square.

25. sttubs

sttubs

Thanks Received: