1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The best laptop cooler?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by 1nf3rn0x, Sep 29, 2012.

1. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    I want to buy a laptop cooler. It will be for a 15.6 inch laptop. The temps are very comfortable cpu on load is mid 50's (i5 2450m) and GPU hits low 60's on load (GT 640m) but I have money to spend and why not buy a laptop cooler that will HOPEFULLY increase the longevity of the laptops life. So any good ones? I've never purchased or looked into purchasing one so I am quite clueless. Thanks :toast:

2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Depends on your laptop

3. ALMOSTunseen

ALMOSTunseen

Thanks Received:
    The one I had for my laptop, which was a beasty Toshiba Qosmio was a Coolermaster NotePal U3(http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6671), it has 3 fans, which you could position wherever you want, to cool certain hotspots, like the GPU, and fan intake. This is a lovely fan, it's also ergonomically angled. If you can't get this, I would recommend any Coolermaster Laptop fan, and if you can't get any of those, try and get a fan from a brand named "targus", their fans aren't for gaming, but they do get the job done.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
    lZKoce says thanks.
  4. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    +1