1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The best way to clean CD?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by andrewsmc, Sep 15, 2009.

1. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    because there will be no more CD?
  2. d3fct

d3fct

Thanks Received:
    very carefully, lol j/k i've heard toothpaste, and peanut butter works well, never tried either. I used to have a lil device called cd doctor, it would buff off the scratches and make it like new again.
  3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I think the idea with a microwave is so the protective layer ( which is what is scratched ) melts and fills in the scratches lol.

Yep it removes the protective layer to the scratches are not so deep. So really you should make a good copy of the disk and store it away just like toothpaste.
  4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    For Disk Scratches, i suggest going to Play N Trade if one is in your town, but to clean a Disk, either CD Doctor or a CD Cleaner/Repair unit, or Paper Towel with Alcohol.
  5. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Oh yeah thats what it was called CD Doctor. I thought it was DR.CD lol.
  6. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Cleaning I wash my hands with dish soap *removes oil from the skin*, then i wash it under the warm water with a little more dish soap on my finger tips very lightly, I have cleaned all sorts of stuff on discs you couldn't imagine this way never leaving a scratch.

As for removing scratches, you are best off bringing it to a place with a real disc buffer, generally music shops have them, your smaller company ones seem to more than anyone else.

Best way you can do it at home is with a lint free cloth and some polishing compound for autobody work, best way I have found anyways.