1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Call of Duty 5 Tweaks, Tips and News Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Sep 25, 2008.

1. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, but with Flame-throwers! \m/

I agree though, I'm bored of WWII hopefully this one can re-kindle the enjoyment for them the same way CoD 2 did after CoD.

2. naokiakira New Member

Thanks Received:
    Perks look good. I can see some intense jungle-esc battles taking place. Assuming this'll be as fast pace as CoD4. Either way, I'll most likely buy it, if for nothing else the story.

3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I just saw the new gamepro in the store and it has some pretty cool perks to unlock. Some are even for vehicles. I even read that there is going to be deployable dogs! I didn't read to in depth so I don't know where they are applied but it sounded cool.

However the bad news was the graphics. Looking at the gameplay screenshots in the magazine they looked to be lacking. I mean lacking to the point COD2 had better graphics. I hope these were just bad shots or something.

4. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have that POS, it gave me a headache with it's low res textures.....but I've seen COD4 at 1680x1050 and it looked like a modern hi-def game.
    COD5 FTW:rockout:

5. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    I would like COD better if you could drive and fly..

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Your in luck :) COD5 has exactly that! :toast:

7. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    ... but it's set back in WWII, again.

MailMan, for someone that delivers letters, I think you mean You're not Your. ;)

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    GRAMMAR NAZI! :respect:

Dude I'm an artist. Be glad I know how to turn a computer on! Forget spelling or math :laugh:

9. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    I'm an artist but I strive to be the very best I can be, to better myself and to help other people. I didn't mean to cause any offence, I'll let you continue with incorrect spelling and grammar. I only do it because I'm so bad at it myself and others (especially foreigners) can benefit from it.

Forget I said anything... at least I was being a good kind of Nazi and not giving you shit or calling you a retard.

10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I am completely offended! I demand you be banned! :laugh:

Don't sweat it man. I was just joking with ya anyways. As far as being the best I can be well....when you get older you realize you'll never be as good as you once were. :laugh: Its why I don't care how good I am now. :toast:

Make sense?

11. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I catch the cut of your jib.

;)

12. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    how about we just make the setting not WWII and go to future fights like US vs China would be cool

13. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Battlefield did it. Tho I think a single player with story would be pretty awesome!

14. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    See, that's exactly what I want: Battlefield 2 in the CoD 4 engine. :rockout:

15. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    thats what i'm saying :D

16. olithereal

olithereal New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol, +1

17. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    CoD4 with Battlefield sized battles and aircraft would OWN.

18. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    Man, too many good games coming out. CoD5, FarCry 2, Red Alert 3, etc, etc.

19. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I can't kill Nazi's, then I don't want to live anymore.

20. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    How about Neo-Nazis? The new Wolfenstein game, from the sounds of previews is going to suck. No Zombie Nazis?! You gotta be kidding me? NO! >.<

How about this; CoD 6 is set in the not-so-distant future where a deadly 'virus' has infected the inhabitants of the Earth due to a falling Satellite (the Galileo or something, I don't know). The effects of the 'virus' mean everyone is seriously pissed off and in need of HUMAN FLESH!

Hmmm... Zombie CoD 6 with TANKS!

I'll wait for Left 4 Dead. :p

21. fishnchips

fishnchips

Thanks Received:
    why caint we have nukes in a game, a game where you and your team and country take control of each country land mass and deploy troops as you get more point's. you get more troops and the more troops you get the bigger you become as an army. with your troops killing and mameing and stealing and what ever else troops do you get points.
    when your troops find enemy troops you and your units engage and kill others just like cod4 when you win or if you win it tells you how many points you get. once you win at levels you have the choice *after a time playing... to unlock moden weapons to use on who ever you like.
    once you get nukes etc, you can threaten or "nuke" them if they surrender you get that land mass and your stats rise and the winner rules the world for that game only. and all this in MP in single player you get most perks and then some, and basicly just use your unit to kill and plunder to hone your skills for the upcoming war. now that would be one hell of a game on a cod4 platform engine :) what ya think?

22. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    I envisioned that as a RTS-FPS then. Not like BF2, but like this other game I can't bastard find online. :(

23. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    return to castle CoDdlefield?

Anyway, to the people with crashing MP in cod4, the problem is that you dont have a mic. It occurs on modern soundcards with autosensing jacks, the game requires a mic to be detected or it crashes when loading the voice chat aspects. Plug a mic, speakers, headphones - anything as long as you tell the software its a mic, and it will work.

Any ideas on a release date for cod5?

24. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    They need to leave the tech to the tech guys, and start employing more adventurous writers otherwise each game will have the same gameplay as Max Payne or Kingpin but with better graphics and physics:eek:

25. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I hereby dub myself - Jeremy Clarkson

I have been with CoD since the days i picked it up for $8.78 in a bargain bucket some place - I have had many laughs with the game & I loved every PC version asside from CoD2

I love Ver-ah-kles - jeeps, tanks, jets or Helis you name it I can drive/pilot it *a bit of BF2 nostalgia*

One of the GREAT things about CoD was the jeeps n tanks you could drive - you could take a jeep for a spin around the country side n run over any unsuspecting American or German that decided to get in your way. (team mates included)

I cant wait until its released - any one have a release date??? there are loads of rumors of different releases floating around the net.

I loved CoD dearly & I was sad when the majority of players migrated to CoD2 - people still play CoD but its no fun after the server you spent over 400+ hrs in became dormant because people were on CoD2

::p.S::

Did anyone ever get to ride a motorcycle with mounted machine gun on the side car in CoD/CoDUO???