1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Call of Duty 5 Tweaks, Tips and News Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Sep 25, 2008.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    well - the equvalent of a claymore (theres me commenting before having read the initial post completely again - I must be coming down with some sort Dyslexia)
  2. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    tbh - compared to the other Killing Spree stuff - Its a bit of a dissapointment - With an artillery strike you can kill more people if used correctly

its cool that the dogs will hunt down campers n snipers but im thinking to myself - 'is that all?!' not much of a reward for getting 7 kills without dying
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well its the same in CoD4. A well placed air strike is always better than the helicopter gunning down people. At least now you wont be able to take cover! Anywhere you can go the dogs will too!
  4. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    & whats this about 32ppl max on a server??? its making me start to think the multiplayer maps are gonna be small - CoD/UO use to have some pretty big maps & pretty big servers- 60+ players on at a time.
  5. fishnchips

fishnchips

Thanks Received:
    The ole BB's man they wicked thing's all that carnage at close range will be neat to see :)
    the cost for cod5 is 140$ nz but it's a small price to pay for enjoyment. i just have to get one of thoes fancy dancy network cards, that are said to make online gamming smoother oh well see how it goes i guess..Killer K1 Gaming Network Interface Card hope it lives up to its name
  6. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    okay i exaggerated the British had the Bren and the Lee Enfield other than that nothing else the Sten was shit for accuracy but had cheap production and fast rate of fire

the Tommy gun was shit to be totally honest, it was heavy and in the game at least has 20 rounds WTF?

nah the Kar98 was a rifle im talking about a paratrooper gun for Germans

my favourite weapon in COD 1 was the carbine had loads of ammo relatively fast and had accuracy
  7. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    gaming network cards are a waste of time unless you have good broadband and a good modem/router to begin with

im going to get a cheap N wireless setup when i move house they arnt that dear anymore tbh £40 for the router £20 for the wireless card
  8. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    The thompson machine gun was a great weapon.It was the germans who had the best gun,the mp44 which was the worlds first assault rifle.
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    The Thopsom was shit? Aprraently you don't know much about guns if you think this. Also if you need more than 20 rounds of .45ACP then your a cappy shot to begin with.

Incorrect. The Russians did. They were the first to issue it to the armed forces and it used a Japanese round. Its called Fedorov Avtomat and came about around the teens or early 20's I cant remember.
  10. rampage

Thanks Received:
    kar98 is the best gun by far, you have to lovvve the 8mm round i have a portuguese mauser (same thing a kar98) yeah there a slow bolt action rifle but they have one hell of a punch
  11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    30-06 or .308 are a lot more fun. You should try one of those cartages and you'll never look back :toast:

I'm not sure how much water that holds. Anyway the 60+ plus players is a little to much IMO. Unless its Battlefield 2 :D Anyway thats more than likely for ranked games. I bet unranked games will exceed the 32 player limit.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  12. fishnchips

fishnchips

Thanks Received:
    hmmm m1 i love the bang bang bang CHING! sound
    to be honest the british 303 round has killed more people and animals than any other gun on the face of the earth. the german mauser is a dam good rifle to. now as for network card i would never go wireless as it's higher lag rates i have a 50 gig upload download its fast and i have a good modem i use a short network cable to the rooter line speed is 4mb/s so i kn ow im ok for now. i will get the M1 instead, lower lag for me i will use, as any edge is better than none :)
  13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I think you better take a LONG look at the 7.62x39mm before claiming that. :toast:
  14. fishnchips

fishnchips

Thanks Received:
    7.62.39?? man thats nothing

.303 British, or 7.7mmx56R, is a .311 inch calibre rifle and machine gun cartridge first developed in Britain in the 1880s as a blackpowder round, later adapted to use cordite and then smokeless powder propellant. It was the standard British and Commonwealth military cartridge from 1889 until the 1950s when it was replaced by the 7.62x51mm NATO.

The measurement .303 inches (7.7 mm) measures the nominal size of the bore measured between the lands which follows the older blackpowder practice. The overall size of the bore which is .311 inches nominal though bores for many .303 surplus military rifles often can be found ranging from around .309 inch up to .318 inch.

This cartridge saw much sporting use with surplus military rifles, especially in Australia and Canada, and to a lesser extent, in the United States. In Canada, it was found to be adequate for any game except the great bears. In Australia, it was common for old military rifles to be re-barreled in .303/25 and .303/22.

not only did it kill many men but it also killed man deer pigs goats etc for deer over a million was shot with the 303 and it is still used to this day for hunting, even the elephant was shot with the .303 british round.
    as for the round you stated
    The Soviet 7.62x39mm rifle cartridge was designed during World War II and first used in the SKS carbine. The cartridge was likely influenced by a variety of foreign developments, especially the pre-war German GeCo, 7.75x39mm experimental round,[3] and possibly by the late-war German 7.92x33mm Kurz ("Kurz" meaning "short" in German). Shortly after the war, the world's most recognized assault rifle was designed for this cartridge: the AK-47. The cartridge remained the Soviet standard until the 1970s, and is still one of the most common intermediate rifle cartridges used around the world. Its replacement, the 5.45x39mm cartridge, has less stopping power and armor penetration, but is highly lethal, has a flatter trajectory, and is more controllable in fully automatic fire due to the lower recoil. The change was in part a response to NATO switching from the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge to 5.56x45mm NATO
    the .303 was way invented before that dude. no other round can say they have killed so many humans and animals like the .303 can, and i still hunt to this day with the 303 its dependable and gets the meat home :)
  15. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I never said the 7.62x39mm was around longer than the .303. What I did say is it had a higher body (human) count. The .303 was in service for 71 years and the 7.62x39mm has been around for 63 and counting. The .303 was and is not the worlds choice as a military round and never will be for one reason. Rimmed centerfire. Plus the U.S. and Russia have had FAR more influence over the standard military round for the past 100 years. You go to almost any country in the world and they are ether shooting 7.62x39mm, .223 or .308. No one uses the .303 but the UK and a common wealth and even then the common wealth have adopted the .223 and .308 in the past 20 or 30 years. Most everyone else uses the 7.62x39mm. The .303 is a good round but not "great". And you cant tell me the UK has been in more conflicts than the U.S. and Russia have in the past 60 years. That is why I say it doesn't have a higher body count. Plus remember I'm an American. I personally own TONs of firearms and hit the range a LOT. Iv seen .303 in action twice other than on base. Nobody here shoots it!
    Also Russia has a little rim round itself called the 7.62x54mmR. If you wanna talk "body count" it may have a surprise for ya :toast:

But that doesn't make the .303 a bad round. Just not as popular as you think.
  16. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:

30-06 is as fun as it gets with a rifle. Dead accurate with a lot of kick!
  17. fishnchips

fishnchips

Thanks Received:
    well i said .303 it has the most kill counts as in animals and humans in new zealand alone it has acounted for over a million deer and then some im sure the count was 4 million before they stoped the killing etc, as for being popular now. its not that shot offen as say the 308. what i am saying is the .303 as a killing bullet did a lot more damage than most with in its time. sure you can say these newer bullets did a lot more damage etc. but as a general terms it did acount for a hefty tally on the battle field and on the home range. my dad used the .303 in burma and i would suspect that many used it after the war as well to get food as they was a lota surplus to go around., so anyway its nice to see we both have a common intrest in bullets. but i will say this, in it's time it did do it's job well :)
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah but can the .303 claim the power of this baby :laugh: :toast:
    [​IMG]
    FYI I'm 6.1 :laugh:
  19. fishnchips

fishnchips

Thanks Received:
    Ummmm if you put some xtra powder in the caseing im sure it would :)
  20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    now that shell brings back memories.

I use to have a teacher back in the day when i was a mini hellraiser in Primary (or for u americans Elementary - or what every its called before u go high school) school who had a 12" Howitzer shell on his desk all the time. he used it as a door stop or paper weight ocasionally & tell us that he'd throw it at one of us if we made him mad. he never did throw it but he'd lift it up & bang it on the table a few times to get our attention like a judges hammer or an auctioneer.

ahhh the good old days when i didnt have to give a shit about anything.
    fishnchips says thanks.
  21. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    COD on the ps2 was crap don't get me started on how bad the AI and graphics where for COD games on the PS2 and im assuming xbox 1
  22. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure it was ever released on the Xbox. However I could be wrong. Anyway why on earth would you by a CoD game on a console? Consoles suck for FPS.
    FreedomEclipse says thanks.
  23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    QFT!!!:rockout::rockout::rockout:

nothing f**ks me off more then trying to master 'halo' on the Xbox
  24. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    hahaha do not threat for i haven't owned a console COD
    my cousin got it for a present one Christmas, we nearly did it boxing day he played it and didnt touch it again

still have to give him credit for seeing it all the way through lol

hes got 2 COD games on the console and trust me hes a big time loser he gets suckered into thinking they are great and then i show him pc games and hes dazed at the difference
  25. fishnchips

fishnchips

Thanks Received:
    When halo 2 or some thing i think came out on console, i clocked it the day i brought it, it was sooo easy and then it was on hard settings. i hate consoles i really do xbox live yuck