1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Call of Duty 5 Tweaks, Tips and News Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Sep 25, 2008.

1. fishnchips

fishnchips

Thanks Received:
    wonder how many copys will go around once cod5 is out :)
    torrents will be going ape with leechers. then comes the hacks and 6months down the track we can all play safe knowing that most of the hacks are fixed and can play fair ... yer right....
    sounds like a tui add!
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I just posted two new sections! Wallpapers and a really cool link that will lead you to 3D screenshots! Also no word on the PC beta but it should be out this week!
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Update: I just added a new section called "Missions". It has the run down of a few missions as seen by someone at the studio. I also added 15 new screenshots in another section called "Multiplayer Screens". Enjoy!

Also in other news.....WE GOT GIBS BABY!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  4. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Sweet! ive been waiting for an update.
  5. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Its awesome how they have a sniper mission thing kinda just like CoD4. I love sniper - people hate snipers as we/they/us/whoever camps a fair bit & stare through a scope instead of running into a room with a thompson on full auto. but ive been sniper through loads of FPs's since Unreal Tournament & to me it takes a fair amount of skill to hit a target thats running & bunny hopping all over the place.

just like a shotgun in CoD2 - it was banned on most servers but with a shotgun but compared to a person who just sprays - theres a lot more skill involved as with the shotgun youve got to get close enough range before you can kill so its a mad dash dodging all over the place while the other guy is spraying despritely at you. no skill involved? lol

anyhooo

[​IMG]

Hidden & Dangerous anyone???
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    8 new screenshots just posted!

This game is going to be great. I just found out that the PC has confirmed 4 player co-op online!
  7. blastboy

blastboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Too bad release is a month away...
  8. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    The weapons of WW2 are so primitive. I have held in my hands the majority of the weapons from that era and they just aren't as interesting. I have only fired a few, but you get what I mean.

WW2 was important but why do it again with the Call of Duty franchise? I honestly don't see how it will compete with COD4.

Attack dogs were the dumbest part of COD4 and now you get them ever 7 kills without a death? If the dogs are programmed to work the same as COD4 its going to get stupid real fast.

In reality attack dogs are not that lethal. I should know because I was attacked by one at a friends house one time
    (his attack dog turned on me). It jumped for my neck and I wrestled it. It bit my shoulder but I almost killed it with my bare hands. The dog ended up dying a month later from related injuries. I wasn't even trying to kill it.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  9. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I love older weapons, I think they are interesting due to being so archaic in design compared to modern weaponry, and just being so cool imo. Everyone's got an opinion, and I do agree the WW2 theme is getting quite old, but from what I've seen and read thus far it looks like CoD5 should be quite promising on a few fronts...the SP front I am not really as interested in as I am the MP front...similar to CoD4, so already it seems on-par. I still play CoD4 to this day online, love it, great stuff especially with clans and matches, custom servers, mods, etc. But now there's gonna be some tweaks, extras and such in the new game, I hope it's executed decently, but to me it looks like it's gonna be a riot online.

:toast:
  10. fishnchips

fishnchips

Thanks Received:
    Well lets just hope its hack proof this time. thoes loosers who make hacks are gonan be going over the game witha fine tooth comb to get cheats outa the game. attack dogs should be granted when the player gets 20 kills, its bad enough with airstrikes every 3 seconds on some servers. and another thing its always gonna be the lower ping users who get the best frag rates.
    new zealand has some real crappy servers.
    another thing when the games play its always the same maps the makers should make more maps as a add on for free downloads just to keep players playing, i know im one who is sick n tired of the same old maps, day in day out, and the mods i do have are not all that good and the ping rate is just suckky moto. just hope that the cod5 is better than cod4 by far.
  11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well nothing is "hack proof". CoD4 is slap full of cheaters but Iv found a few servers where the cheating is very minimal. If you'd like I can try and get you the IPs? CoD5 is going to have cheating. No doubt. However its going to have a good start in fighting exploits.
    1. Its using the CoD4 engine. This will allow them to fight some hacks right to begin with. 2. Another plus/curse is its going to be realized on consoles. I'm hoping that a lot of the kids who have to cheat will go there instead. At least until they bore of the consoles and come bother us guys on the PC.

I personally am going to wait for it to come out on Steam. VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) system in Steam works pretty damn good. If Valve catches you cheating not only do they ban your account to were you cant log on anymore but they lock your games. Basically all the games you bought through them will no longer be playable. That can be a pretty big fine if you think about it. Imagine having to buy ALL your games over again........I love Valve :toast:
  12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok guys I just added two new screen shots and they have updated the 3D screenshot section and a new video. Also the word on the beta is its going to be open to everyone from what I understand. They will have "official" news next week on the release which is also rumored to be next week.
  13. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    come on lets go I want to try this out!!!!!!!!!!!
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. marsey99

marsey99

Thanks Received:
    i cant wait for this to come out, it will give all the hacking glitchers somthing else to do and they will then be leaving cod4 alone :D

n1 to the op, its much easier to have all the stuff on 1 page :thumb:
  15. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I will be trying to enter the beta if its open to all
  16. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    Fileplanet should have the Beta when it comes out.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well there is nothing "primitive" about the weapons from WWII. M1911 is still in service and is highly sought after. Show me another firearm thats almost been in service for a hundred years. In a lot of ways some of these weapons are superior to what we use today. In some ways not. However they are in no way "primitive".

As for attack dogs not being lethal I find that statement extremely shallow. I'm glad you killed a dog with your bare hands but don't think all animals are the same. Military patrol dogs are vastly better trained than a normal watch dog. They also are not trained to suppress but to kill. Can you kill one with your bare hands? Sure but the chances of you being able to fight after is null.

Before we start trashing this game before its released why don't we do something WILD. Like maybe play it first.
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Update: I just added 10 new screenshots and 1 new multiplayer screen. ALSO...here is the original (rumored) box art for the game which is now been changed. However I think this would have been awesome if they had gone this route.

[​IMG]
  19. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    There's way too many icons on the screen.

I can's stand FPS HUDs littered with icons.

If you can't remember your ammo count - you suck
    If you can't remember if you're in run or walk mode - you suck
    If you can't remember which direction your facing(or you can't figure it out) - you suck
    If you can't remember which team you're on - you suck
    If you can't remember who your teammates are - you suck.

The list goes on. Seriously, how cattered to nine year olds do these games have to keep getting.

And don't tell me that 'in hardcore mode...' things will be different, there shouldn't be any 'modes.' One bullet - head = death. One bullet -leg = injured = eventual incapacitation. One bullet stomach = serious pain and eventual incapacitation. One bullet = major artery = eventual death.

It's simple simple simple.

Leave that arcade shit to the console scrubs who can't even find the safety on a gun.

The attack dogs concept is just another lame idea by people with 'grandeur' designs, to try and make something interesting - in short, to make up for what it lacks.

We will judge this game before it even is played, because it's crap just based on it's concepts. I know EXACTLY how it will feel and play, and EXACTLY how nubs will exploit it's lack of realism so they can turn it into another BF2, just like they did with COD4.

Let's face it, developers, now matter how fashionably 'hip' they become these days, are still primarly pencil neck nerds, or overweight low-social dweebs, who don't know anything about warfare, or sports, or aeronatics, or motor-sports ...no matter how many coaches, trainers, veterans, rockstars or otherwise, that they hire on as 'consultants.'

This doesn't mean I'm not going to play it though...:)
  20. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    They are already advertising this in BlockBuster,They had an empty box with red n black background and it read Call Of Duty World at War.....
  21. fishnchips

fishnchips

Thanks Received:
    No game what so ever will ever be as real, as a real war.
    but they do try god knows why. one nuke war on earth will see to earths distruction anyway. so may as well play games and enjoy your last moments on earth :) start fragging or start shagging soldier!
  22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Hey hey did u ever play Co-Op in Ghost Recon?? a mate shot me in the fucking foot at the start of the mission & I had to limp all the the way to the mission objective which was to clear a cave only to find he'd already cleard it out so i shot him in the foot & limped down the hill.....
  23. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    I hope the final game will look better than the screenshots. So far the screenshots look like the graphics are a step down from Call of Duty 4.

Call of Duty 4 is a hell of a hard act to follow. Amazing game all the way through in my opinion.

BTW Try not to lash out like that Mailman. Its just a game. Its not like you are on the development team.
  24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I just posted 2 new screenshots. One of them shows the shotgun! Also I found a pretty neat article.

Not lashing. Discussing. Sorry if I came off that way. :toast:
    The only one that will look like a jackass is me anyway if this game sucks. Look at the amount of effort Iv put into this thread. This game BETTER be good! :laugh:
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry its taking so long to get updates on here guys. However I found 5 new screenshots to share with yall. As for the beta I'm still watching so when its out Ill post here!