1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The car thread!

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by bigboi86, May 21, 2006.

1. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Post pics of your cars, stories of your cars, racing videos, or just discuss cars in general(trucks too).

My ride is a 1990 Acura Integra RS. Only lightly modded with a straight exhaust with a glasspack muffler, and a cold air intake.

I have a lot of plans for this car, I will keep you all updated.

K, now post up guys! :)

Here is a badass Ford compilation from streetfire.net to start it off.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  2. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    1991 ford mustang 5.0l lx trunk D.S.O (domestic special order)

the car is calypso green with solid black G.T interior (not the half black/half grey dashes which are in soooo many cars).

It has radio/pwr mirror/pwr fuel release/pwr trunk release/ac delete.

the car has some basic bolt ons - under drive pulleys, fender mount cold air intake, 75mm bullet mass air flow meter, 9mm motorsport ignition wires, custom tune-up (timing advance, plug gap, tps adjustment), 10.5" king cobra clutch, pro 5.0 power tower shifter, frame connectors, M.A.C heavy duty upper/lower control arms with polyurethane bushings and a holley 190lph in-tank fuel pump.

all of the modifications/tuning was done by myself. my goal with this car is to restore it to showroom condition and have it running low 10's high 9's as a daily driver, i just need some time and money - both of which im lacking at this moment in time.

sorry no pics:eek: but everyone knows what a stang looks like :cool:

:toast:

3. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Nice car, Intelligent!

I bet it FLIES, & I LOVE MUSTANGS!

Mainly because most of the "street race" champions I read about use stangs & win the most allegedly, & that machine of yours looks to be pretty fairly modded up & when you get them?

Heck - they're hotrods already... headers & FI already in place with duallie exhaust & roller cam (dual overhead or not, unsure nowadays) + iirc, roller rockers too (more efficient)!

(Heck, it's what I would LIKE to have, but cost of gas prohibits it for me using V-8 Engines here @ least (the 4.6L stang is probably a WEE bit better this way than the 5L), as well as insurance costs (sportscars & such, we all know how much more it can be))...

ANYWAYS/ANYHOW:

I modded out Dodge Intrepid, believe-it-or-not, & primarily for travelling efficiency/cooling + gas consumption - & ended up with a more powerful ride to boot!

3.5L V-6 mods startup up years ago, around 2002-2003!

(That was right when it went outta warranty)

I did it so I would get better mileage & efficiency (mainly, but as motor heads know? You let it breathe better? Low-end torque picks up usually!)... & a cooler motor while I travel for work (contract programmer most of the time).

In the end, like I said above?

I ended up with a better car out of it overall, not just fuel-efficiency-wise either.

MODS, HorsePower/Torque-wise:

1.) K&N FIPK (fuel injection performance kit) with the tubular intake & conical filter

2.) A "JET" pack onto my "computer" on the car

3.) A TRUE "dual exhaust" (larger diameter, manifolds-thru-cats on back, with H-balance pipe - even though the pipes are fairly close together, seemed like good idea) & it does well, thru Thrush Turbo low-restrict mufflers.

I even built/rebuilt the airbox by hand around the intake cone (rebuilt it from stock model + K&N kit parts) myself too...

Nice, keeps hot air from motor block & exhaust manifolds OUT of the intake high-pressure area, damn near perfect if NOT so!

Stock 250hp, up to 280-285 now.

MODS, Cooling-wise:

A.) Circular heatsink on oil filter

B.) Secondary Active Oil Cooler radiator with water neck on oil filter with circulating hoses

C.) Dual/Aux TrannyCooler (active with radiator ontop of TINY stock one already in place)...

Runs COOL as ice in the fluids, important imo @ least, for travelling.

I also tossed on a set of nice rims (chrome) to give it more of a "look"... was fun experiment & worked out well imo!

I wish I had a place to post a pic... it turned out OK looking!

APK

P.S.=> I thought about the underdriven pulley stuff, but have read a lot of contradictory and sometimes bad info. on them (regarding harmonic balance of the crank etc.)... apk

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  4. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah...um... I can't drive yet. I have to wait for 4 months, but I'm getting a 2003 Nissan Altima from my mom. I'm probably going to get rims(not chrome, want it to have more of a "street" look"). Also I might get a front lip and body kit, rear body kit and side skirts, maybe a roof scoop. Dual exhausts, and when I really have more money, a Nissan Skyline GT-R engine. I probably will get all these when I get money(I'm planning on taking pharmacist, but it's going to be hard as hell!).

5. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    thank you. hows 210kmh in 4th gear for ya with a top speed of approximately 250-260kmh (speedo only shows 230kmh and it can do that in 5th @ 3500rpm - love the stock 2.73gears;) )

it runs a low-mid 13 @ just over 105mph. not bad for a bolt on car with stock exhaust and gears.;)

sounds like you have yourself quite the intrepid. most people dont realize just how fast those 3.5 intrepids relly are, and with the mods you have made to the cooling side of it it should perform for quite sometime.

6. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Heh, it'll NEVER be a "V-8" though...

You're welcome man... anybody who is a mustang fan is OK by me!

Sounds like a "killer" & fun to drive is what... lol!

Not too shabby at all, & probably sounds great too... fun to drive? Can't TOUCH a V-8 rod for that imo!

Well, it works... it was done for travelling longevity & fuel efficiency really mainly! I figure for what I put into mods in it, dollars-wise?

It's paid for itself in gas savings in that time period now (4 yrs).

The added "oomph" was just a welcome 'side-effect' to that is all: It's actually noticeable, but doesn't have that "V-8 Sound", you know?

It never will...

APK

P.S.=> BUT, it'll NEVER be as fun to drive as a 'rodded-out' V-8... last one of those I had was in 1982-1984, an "SS" Chevelle 1972 with a rebuilt & modded 350 V-8 from a truck (4 bolt main & milled out heads)... dumped the 396, it was in ROUGH/bad shape is why.

There IS a difference with V-8's for fun @ least, imo! apk

7. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    the secrete to making the stang go quick is an unadulturated abuse of the 6000rpm powershift ;)

my dream car is a 1970 chevelle ss 454 ls-6 fathom blue with console shift;) .

like i said b4 those 3.5 intrepids are really underestimated for the power that they have.

8. POGE

POGE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dont laugh...

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera...

[​IMG]

9. spectre440 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont own a car.
    i ride.
    a 1994 harley davidson custom softail for the time being. (would post a pic, but the digicam's sorta acting up on me lately...)
    will probably replace it sometime soon with a 2002/2003 yamaha YZF R-1.
    that thing will smoke anything, and i do mean anything at the stoplights. hehehe... :)

10. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    u shure?

whats 0-60?

11. spy2520 New Member

Thanks Received:
    not the best angle but: [​IMG]

my pc beats my car in a race.:D :D

12. spy2520 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hehe is he sure? that thing runs low 10's high 9's just like every other 1000+cc bikeo n the road.

13. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh gawd. *Orgasm*. That's what I want!!

Anyway, my car:
    1997 Buick Regal GS. Yes it's a granny car, yes it's my first car, yes (unfortunately) it's an auto, but it's also quick.
    240hp, 280lb/ft 0-60 6.6 1/4 15 (pulling these #s off the net, I have not gone to the 1/4mi track yet myself. There are people on www.regalgs.org that have ran as low as 14.3 bone stock before as well.)

Well you don't want to see pics of mine particularly because it's banged up from a wreck. Here is what I have planned for mods though.
    Tranny Cooler
    Shift Kit
    L67 Stage I Upgrade Kit
    Strut Mounts, Struts, and Springs
    Headers
    Will build my own 3" exhaust at this point from the DP back.
    17" Rims of some sort (5 spoke for sure) to fit the Stage II front brakes.
    Stage II Front Brake Upgrade
    The end result (estimating by regals with similar upgrades) should be a 13 second car.

The only thing I truly hate about this car is that it's an auto. Otherwise I love her. You should see the look on ricer boy faces when they see a beat up granny car passing them.

14. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    thnx for your opinion but id like an actual answer of the 0-60 question.

im sure that there is a couple of PRODUCTION vehicles (cars/bikes) that could beat it.

sounds like a fun project wtf8269

15. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
  16. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    thnx for the link wtf8269 :toast:

i should have specified 0-60mph not 0-60ft

BTW nice ride spy.

whats under that huge cowl hood?? ;)

17. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    i own a Black 1990 Ford F-150 Custom. Its old but hey it gets the job done. Im thinking about getting a semi new jeep wrangler though. To bad i cant drive until X-mas... lol...

18. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
  19. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey wtf8269, why don't you just keep the regal stock, sell it, and get an easier to mod car.

I bought a 1990 Acura Integra RS for 600bucks from some guy in the AirForce in fort walton beach florida.

It's a 5speed, I've taken it above 130mph, and it's easy to mod.

I got one hell of a deal though.

EDIT: These are the rides my exroomates have.

http://forums.pcapex.com/pimp_rides/55464-my_new_ride_93_mustang_gt.html

http://forums.pcapex.com/anything_goes/57590-my_pimp_new_ride.html

The 2003 SVT Cobra, is just f*cking sick. He's pushing ~550rwhp with a few minor mods.

I got to drive this thing.

The 93 GT is badass too, but not nearly as badass as the Cobra. I kind of miss living there, LOL.

20. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hehe my car
    '99 BMW M-Roadster
    3.2-liter dohc, 24-valve inline 6, 315hp, 251 lb-ft torque, 5 speed short throw stick, 160+ mph top speed, independent suspension, 12 pound rims, 50/50 weight distribution, vacuum-assisted disc brakes, shitty stock sound system, and lots of fun to drive.

[​IMG][​IMG]

21. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    How come none of us seem to have minivans...:rolleyes:.

22. drade

drade

Thanks Received:

Nice, though what year?

23. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh sorry its a 99. also have a modded ecm but no idea on hp or torque added by it..
    i need to find a recording of the engine sound...

this summer im taking it down to a local drag strip... once i do i will revive this thread and post the times.

24. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can't, anything else would have high insurance costs. Also, I wouldn't get much more than $2000 for it with all the body damage it has from the wreck. Plus I wanted something that was already fast.

25. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    HEHEHE :laugh: