1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Crysis 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by HookeyStreet, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    Yeah Bloom is wayy overdone, so is HDR is some places.. The shadows are too jagged despite high AA.

And to those who have fallen to performance numbers. Let me remind you, CRYSIS at DX10 MAX 1920x1080 played 32fps on the HD5850... Thats quite good.

Now the HD6850(which laggs 1 fps behind HD5850 in crysis 2) scores 36fps in CRYSIS 2 at DX9 MAX 1920x1080.

Why I think it's not an ACHIEVEMENT but rather a BUMMER:

If you remember, CRYSIS had thousands of trees, lots of foliage, vegetation and that beautiful sea too to render, and yet these frames. CRYSIS 2, if I am correct(ofcourse I am) has none of that, the levels are MUCH smaller, COMPACT spaces, the vistas are HARDLY THAT BIG or NEAR COMPLEX as CRYSIS.

So overall, for those trumpeting that CRYSIS 2 is quite optimised, nope.. thats another of the big BS Crytek has thrown at PC. Ultimately, thet made a joke out of PC, and hopefully BF3 will teach EVERYONE a bloody lesson.

2. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    someone's finally built a graphics setting utility for crysis 2 where you can set the various options without needing to manually create your own autoexec file. You'll need to remove any autoexec files you may have manually created already before using this however. The site where the program was available from is down at the moment but I've used it already so have uploaded the one i used. You do not need to run it each time you run crysis.

[​IMG]

**edit**

the forums where I got this from are back up for now, the link is http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=33008 if anyone wants to get a newer version/show support etc.

Attached Files:

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    oh good, that program is win.

4. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    Most people screamed about Crysis graphics, but I always find that it look less than impressive up-close, the lush jungle distracts people from examining surrounding environment. This time around there are no such distractions, and people finally starting to look closer.

5. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    yeah those are texture fails.. you can only bring as much quality with present hardware with polygons. thats why i'm so enthusiastic about UNLIMITED DETAIL TECH..

6. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    It's unlimited on PC, not on consoles that date back to the era of dinosaurs...

I'm now also suspecting that EA has a converter in their HQ where they insert a console game DVD in it and the program outputs a PC game. Freakin installer doesn't even detect my keyboard language properly (this is the first time such nonsense happened to date). I changed my install path and while i was quickly typing as usual, i later found out i've entered "Crzsis 2" because letters "z" and "y" are inverted. Only in installer. Everywhere else it's properly as it should be for my language. Crytek, facepalm. You sold yourself to the console bunch with the money we, the PC gamers handed over to you. And in return we get this pile of crap which is broken starting with installer itself!? Don't even think of complaining over piracy. Not now, not over a month, not ever. Just don't.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Well either way, we got DX10 out of the box.

I'm now finding out the horrors of logging into their stinking service. It's saying that password is incorrect. Changing it on their webpage where the game points me to it makes exactly no difference. It's asking me for a mail and password with which i can't log in inside the game. WTF!?
    It's also saying serial not found even though i've entered it to activate zthis crap. Oh god... what's next...

8. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    gotta try that... I am playing it at Extreme at 1900x1000 wahtever and its is ok, best of the market, but could be better! :)

with this applet it looks a tiny bit better! thanks

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  9. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Well the NPC models and the water look pretty fantastic close up even four years later but yeah most of the other textures are relatively blah and low res. I tried some nice mods to improve them but ran out of VRAM with only 1GB.

In fact, "far away" it doesn't even look all that fantastic or special especially if you don't have AF active via the ZPOMAF mod, for example. Though as a whole it's still a pretty great looking game when properly tweaked.

10. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    LOL, a guy in incrysis forums screming "just bought an alienware 4j4j4Rextreme whatever and I have lag!!" lol

11. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Got the thing running by skipping the login crap. And the intro is not bad and i can't really complain about graphics. It looks ok and runs super fast completely maxed out with all the FSAA and AF.

What i absolutely hate about it is the FOV and the overall claustrophobic feel.
    Even though i've set it to 90° via that tweaker, i'm constantly having the feeling like i'm watching the world through a glass sphere or like in Max Payne when you were drugged by Valkyrie and you had to walk on blood lines with view completely shifted. And god the tight claustrophobic feeling. I'm running outside under the blue sky and i don't have a feeling that i'm outside. Also the pistol is being held so close to the viewport that it's driving me crazy. No one is holding weapons like this. This is really not cool and knowing that i'll have to get on with this crap through the entire game is not encouraging at all. The weapon holding position might be a issue with 90 degree FOV but then again, i couldn't play with default 55 degrees either...

12. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Just beat the game on Post-Human took about 6 hours.

And it shows every difficulty as being completed for example they all say 19/19. However, Post-Human says 18/19 as if I haven't done the last level or something.

Also when i beat the game it just had a cut scene and cut back to the menu. I thought I'd unlock something but nothing happened. I guess thats normal?

13. ctrain New Member

Thanks Received:
    because it's 55 fov VERTICAL, not horizontal.

that 55 effectively scales to 85 horizontal at 16:9. 90 at 16:9 would be over 120, which is exactly why it looks distorted.

14. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I'm using a 5:4 screen... I left at default now, though mouse feels all jerky with this one. Using 90 and the mouse is ok. But it all looks weird.

Playing it now on post human and it's not all that difficult for as long as you keep a higher ground, cloak a lot and take them from a distance if possible (its what i like anyway). At which point i hate the fact that there is no scope attachment, just the casual sights...
    The game is not that bad though, apart from all the console stupidities...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  15. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Looks like my login account from Crysis1 and Warhead was properly migrated to Crysis2 :) No account creation hassle ftw

is there parallax occlusion in game? I think thats why it has higher fps.

16. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can't say if this is true or not. I would naturally hope it's not true but according to the article Crytek was paid to delay DX11 support.
    source

17. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    If this turns out to be true, Crysis is the last game i'll ever buy from Crytek. And i'll stick with AMD graphic cards even if they'll be the worst thing ever designed.

18. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    This DX11 thing is becoming more and more a joke. Two generations of DX11 capable cards and no game yet that clearly takes advantage on this. Or maybe I'm wrong? In the end I'm glad I still did not waste any money on an upgrade. I bet Crysis 2 will never have a DX11 patch. Live with it and enjoy a beautiful (I think the best looking DX9 out there) and fun game that is Crysis 2.

19. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I like the way Crysis 2 looks right now, but with all the DX11 is superior fuss, one would expect Crytek to be pushing it...

20. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    MY steam wont allow me to use the advanced graphics tool it says access is denied is there a work around for this.?

21. Iactus New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just finished this game..

All i can say is Wow.. the story is very good.

I presume there will be other games with us playing as This dude? Who seems to have dual personalitys at the end???

Cant wait to see some more, and in the meen time i will be abuseing multiplayer :D

22. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
  23. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Yeah console version look crap. I checked it out on the Ps3 and I couldn't stand to look at it.

Maybe it just hurts me to see Crysis look so degraded.

Obviously for Console gamers this is good if not great looking but for someone who knows better, its not.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  24. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    (dx11)

i know for sure dx 11 f12010 dirt 2 prob 3 and many other games bfbc2 inc that are better then when in dx10 mode.. i too tho pray this is not the way, nv n crytek deal making cant be good..

10 Million points folded for TPU
  25. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    hes a nub, he should've built his own...Alienware only sells good Cases that's it. Everything else is overpriced OEM garbage