• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Darkness II Review.

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Motherboard Asus Z68 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7950 @ 1200/1475 @ 1175v
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG
Very rarely have I ever felt the desire to write a review based on a game. I purchased this on GMG for $6 a couple days ago not really thinking much about it at the time, played 4 hours yesterday and 4 today and just finished the game.

I really hope when this goes on winter sale more of you buy it and give it a try. No need to play Darkness 1 as the back story is provided before the game begins.

+Combat is a little slow to develop, however with the talent tree that allows many things it does become more interesting so do not stop playing because you think the combat is boring at first. Having the tentacles of the Darkness along with your guns really gives this game a nice feel, action combat did get intense in many fights and it felt very solid. Boss fights were challenging and made me think on the fly, really well done boss fights not to easy but not super hard.

+Setting is top notch, the way it fucks with your mind is unbelievable, still at the end of the game I feel I know it is true, but am left uncertain.. also wait for the credits to finish, because holy shit after the credits are done at the end of the game you will be blown away... The Darkness III is being made, let's just leave it at that. :)

Story is what pushes this game to a 10/10 in my book. No spoilers here, but basically what the beginning is like, Darkness 1 you lose your gf, and in Darkness 2 you have have flash backs of her, and you win her a bear by playing games at carnival, very cool touches like that make this game really top notch. I don't want to give to much away so I will stop there.

Just hope more people give this game a shot in Steam winter sale. Peace out.

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
Nice review there good man. I too nabbed it for $6 and have it sitting in my Steam, waiting for me to come and give it attention, like a little teddy bear sitting on a lonely bed. I'm interested to se how the tentacles come into play in a fps, definitely different.