1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The DiRT 3 Clubhouse!

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, Dec 9, 2009.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The DiRT 3 Clubhouse!

[​IMG]

This clubhouse is dedicated to DiRT 3. Here we can get together to show our screenshots, videos and talk about the game. There is a freinds list in the game, so let's share our in game names and start racing together!

*I'll be adding more info, vids shortly.

TPU DiRT 3 Racing League: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TPUdirt3/edit

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Do I count even if I just have the PS3 version?

One thing I really hate about Dirt2 is its punk attitude. I liked Dirt for its clean and simple presentation, with no fancy wiggling fonts, big show events and dried out "superstars". Seriously, Ken Block is an awesome driver, but does the first thing you hear on Dirt2 really have to be "Hi I'm Ken Block"?

3. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I agree. How about "You got nice style brah." Lol. Yeah, all the douchebaggery aside, the actual gameplay, graphics and sound totally make up for it. I was glued to this game for hours last night, made it up to Level 19 for single player. I suppose all versions of the game count, we just can't play each other online. :toast:

4. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    count me in i hate the games douchebaggery and the lack of controller support makes me even more angry but i own the game its installed you might as well add me im lvl 10 in single player at the moment been playing savage difficulty and the next lvl above that trying to get godly with keyboard controls

5. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    True, once you're on the road its amazing. And fun! Especially if you play it with a friend. I mean not online. One drives a track, and then you swap controllers and see who can go the fastest. That is with beer in between. Its a lot of fun.

6. scope54

scope54

Thanks Received:
    love this game, my GFWL name is hiphophippo54
    im lvl 37 atm and i ve been playin through it @ 'serious' difficulty

7. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    I only have the Demo :( atm. But I am going to get it soon.

8. selway89

selway89

Thanks Received:
    Im up to level 20 something around 20% of the way through. I havent set up GFWL online account yet but will when I can.
    Had a go at a world rally tour found it very very difficult, yet I normally play on savage and do very well normally coming 1st or 2nd etc. In the tour i kept finishing around 6th or 7th. :(

I also have a problem where on some tracks it keeps going slow motion briefly and speeds backup very frequently in the in car view. =/

Other than that I love the game!!!

9. dir_d

dir_d

Thanks Received:
    I like dirt2 i just wish i could run it better like 80FPS i get 66FPS 1920x1080 with all ultra but it lags everyonce in awhile, ill hit a spot in the water or something and the frames dip drastically for 1 sec or two lil annoying.

10. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    lol i argued with codemasters tech support today over my controller 10 emails in all i wonder if ill get my controller support or not :roll: other then that im loving the hummer H3 in land rush lol i just push ppl out of the way

11. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Am I the only one experiencing HUGE fps drops (from about 50 average to 4-7) while in the RV and throughout the whole game intro and stuff? When I go to the outside area and when I'm racing it's fine though. It happened in the demo and in the full game.

12. wiak

wiak

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
    erocker says thanks.
  13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Can I join?! Also did you ever read the mag at the start of the game? It talks about people on your windows live friend list. Its odd seeing "New comer Erocker broke all the rules in London!" on the cover of a mag.

14. erocker

Thanks Received:
    How did you take the video without the "rewind/play" features in the lower left? :) Is there a button to make it dissapear?

Are you running the hotfix drivers?

15. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    well im giving up on this game for the most part im just glad it was free with my 5850s unless u have a 360 controller online is a wash xpadder nor keyboard will cut it after running 50 races and i wont buy a controller to play 1 game. so im kinda in the club and kinda not ill leave that up to erocker. On a better note i enjoy the game but at the end of the day it dosent live up to what it should be pretty graphics dont fix dodge ram pick ups that handle like atvs from a ps2 game or the molasses feeling when driving at 30mph u look like your doing 5mph. the game needed more polish. Single player is fun tho i might play that a bit more but then again probably not

16. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Apparently not, I'll look them up if that's the solution.

Edit: The hotfix drivers seem to only add crossfire support. I'm just running a single 4870, and even with one it shouldn't be slowing down as much as it is.

17. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Even though it says it's for CrossFire there are most definitely single card improvements as well. There is probablly a setting or two in game that you may need to lower as a 4870 may struggle with some of the more advanced effects.

You are hereby kicked from the club! Just kidding.:laugh: Whatever controller you are using there is bound to be something that makes it work eventually. Xbox 360 controllers can be found used and cheap everywhere. I don't get the 30mph feels like 5mph thing so IDK. Game plays great for me.

18. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I just investigated further and it was being caused by my out of date video drivers, I'm downloading Cat 9.11 now which is certain to fix the problem (someone else had the same prob as me on the Novatech forums). Acutually, I'm able to run the game with 40+FPS at all times with my single 4870 and E8400 maxed out w/ max AA and vsync enabled @ 1920x1080. The problem I was having was much more than the game just being too much for my little card to handle, something screwy was up.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  19. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    the game plays fine pegged at 60fps just the cars and trucks dont feel right if i wanted arcade racing id play motorstorm etc but sadly motorstorm gives me a better vehicle feel and there is 0 support for Saitek controllers as no matter what saitek u have codemasters has informed me it wont work or it SHOULD allow it through control preset ie keyboard or controller but nothing shows up. ive tried everything resorted to xpadder and the game controlls like shit that way lol single player is allright but yea the vehicles just dont feel right i dont feel like im in a rally game at all it feels like im playing an updated cruisin USA arcade game

20. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty sure that you'll find a XML file hack for your controller eventually. It does suck that Codemasters wouldn't do more to support other controllers. Considering the initial Xbox 360 release, they pretty much made this game in mind with the 360 controller. Speaking of which, is there any way to get the wireless controllers that came with the 360 to work on a PC?

vV Link? Vv :D

21. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    erocker says thanks.
  22. erocker

Thanks Received:
    My God, they charge through the roof for them. :shadedshu I'll just stick to the wired controller.

23. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    lol well u asked so i linked XD didnt say the price would be pretty which is why im pissed lol some of the worse coded games in recent memory will support my controller but codemasters wont when u think about its not that hard to code in a generic controller for everyone to customize its done in almost every other game only codemasters adds full support for certain controllers and tosses aside everything else. and i cant convince myself wasting $40 for a controller to play an arcade racer is jusitifiable lol hell mass effect DMC4 etc will let me use this game pad no issues i dont know i expected more from Dirt2 im just glad it was free

just seems like codemasters is stagnating on there games Dirt > Grid > Dirt2 they all feel the same no real improvements they add a few effects and nothing else and i enjoyed Dirt far more then Dirt2 as far as how the gameplay felt when racing i just cant remember a trully awesome title from codemasters in recent memory everything has been average. im a guy who likes fine tuned controls and Dirt2 dosent offer it its like Killzone and Killzone 2 on ps3 i could never sit and play those games as aiming was horrible and im waiting to see what the next Forza and Gran Turismo offer because at this rate they will eventually overshadow anything by codemasters.. Maybe im being 2 harsh but Dirt2 just dosent offer the gameplay we used to get back in the days of the Real Colin McRae games

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  24. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    Dude go to your Local Gamestop. They have them here for $19.99. :toast:

25. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm also not a huge fan of the game, seems exactly like GRID which I've been playing lately since I got it on sale a few weeks ago. But hey, it was given to me so I can't complain :)