1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The E7200 Overclockers Club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by ShadowFold, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    i agree i can run 4.3 with some instability at 1.42 i run 1.45 for inbetween 4.3 and 4.5 stable 4.6 needs a bit more but then the board gives up.

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah I just looked into the bios and the one just by looking at the stock voltages...I would guess the SPP <-> MCH or however its labled, but digging on that gives me that it controlls the voltage for NB to SB tranfer. Ther may be a good possibility that your mobo does NOT even have the option.

I know for a fact my Foxconn doesnt have the option and it did require a bit more to hit 4.0GHz and I couldnt get 4.1GHz stable no matter what the CPU voltages were without it.

Could look into the GTL ref voltages, I found lowering mine a bit on the DFI's seemed to add a bit more stability, but again I have no idea where your even starts at stock. In the DFI they are based on percentages, and looking at some bios screen for the EVGA they showed 0% at stock. Not sure where to go from there!

Google your mobo model number and "bios" after it, I found some threads at XS and a few reviews as well that TRY to explain whats going on in thet bios!

theJesus says thanks.
  3. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I just looked around in my bios again and the only things I haven't touched are the gtl vref lanes. The SPP and MCP are north and south bridge, and I have tried upping the voltages on everything but the gtl vrefs, which idk what they are stock. The options for those are +00mv to +160mv in increments of 5mv. Stock setting is +00mv, but idk what the "+" is on top of or what safe values are. One of the main OC guides on the evga 780i forums says to just leave them at auto.

edit: linky to that guide here

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  4. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Sorry for double post, but I find this information relevant enough to warrant a new post:

A couple interesting reads about GTL Ref voltages. First one is a couple years old, but still relevant and linked to by the second one which is newer and more simplified.

edit:
    Does that mean that the FSB voltage in my bios is the same as VTT in other bios?

edit: I found my VTT :D
    edit: Extremely relevant guide for me!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  5. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    yes :cry:
    thx,
    i just got the board, so I'm still playing around w/it