1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The far cry 2 thread!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mussels, Oct 22, 2008.

1. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, there's a totally different map that you travel to once you get to a certain point in the main mission/questline.

2. Jeno Guest

i just got my copy and its crazy! love the fire FX
    but the ai !! :0 the ai... programmer should be shot in the face!

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree. They can shoot through everything and they have super human sight.

4. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Not sure if everyone has seen the new fov widescreen v3 fix yet, but it's at:http://tocaedit.com/ can't believe how much was cut off on my 1920x1200 display!

5. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Also, I found a frustrating point in the game, was in a shed where I detected a diamond case, closest lock I could get was by jumping up on a bunch of crates. But nothing there but tin roof.. I could hear the sounder going off only up there, but nowhere to go! arrrrg

6. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    Yeah sometimes they spawn IN a rock... so they can shoot me, but i cant touch them. But meh... apart from that the game seems really repetitive. The AI always does the exact same thing. Is it me or does it get tedious at around 44% completed?

7. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    was it on top of the roof by chance? :p

8. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    It's possible on the roof, found a case on top of a bus, I just couldn't figure out a way to get on the roof of the darn thing....
    the shed that is.. dumb, if I find that shed again, I'll try to use my truck? to jump up?

9. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    I think I found that place too! It's a train station in either the south or west (can't remember). You get onto the roof and can see the case through a gap in the tin roof, but the gap's not big enough for you to fit through lol.:banghead:

10. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Darn! well I gave up on it and found and destroyed a convoy, so all is good heheh! and yes I believe it was a train station or near one...

11. frankie827 New Member

Thanks Received:

Idk it's as if it's stuck in dx9 like in crysis with dx9 you couldn't blow stuff up

And yes I have vista and a dx10 gfx card, I have a. Gtx260

12. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    I can shoot down smaller trees, shoot up bottles ect, blow stuff up, set stuff on fire, all in dx9, although crysis and warhead have much more interactive environments. I don't think dx9 or 10 have much to do with it. And I do test my games out on my install of vista ultimate 64.

13. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Well, found a case on top of a shed, but there was a ladder on the side, makes sense.. still would like to know how to get on top the other one!

14. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    Just played my first game of COD5........won't be playin FarCry ever again........well maybe a little

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. CargoX New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm at a love/hate stage with FC2. Playing hardcore about 25% in.
    I've gotten over the botched console neutered controls, and the FOVHack restored my vision.

But some things keeping bugging me. The endless checkpoint patrols have gotten repetitive as shit. I despise them and it almost keeps me from going forward. It would be different if anything came from it, but it's just pointless.
    Then, spending diamonds on the Camo Suit, aagghh, that just killed me.

I'll still keep playing but there is really not a lot of luster left on this gem. Maybe that's why all the diamonds are rough in the game.

16. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I played the CoD5 beta for about 5 minutes...to me CoD4 is way more entertaining, I don't mind history, but WaW was not nearly as fun as I'd hope. Won't be buying that one, Treyarch should've just stuck with their old ways and made it console only...well no, not true, because many people will like it...I was just sorely dissapointed that it feels like CoD4 with a crappy paint job and a mod for WWII era weapons...not enough value there for me. I'll stick with modded CoD4 thank you. Modern Warfare FTW! (no offense btw!) :D

I'm still lovin FC2, I did have some MP issues last night, but didn't last long and I was doing fine. Still creating maps for the clan, we're getting the dedicated server up, I am hoping like said earlier that there will eventually be an option to mod the SP game, hell maybe even make it coop or something. I'm looking forward to the first patch, but not regretting the purchase one bit, the game plays smooth always, has yet to aggrivate me, and I am having a blast.

17. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    I thought I was getting tired of playing fc2, so I fired up warhead, played about 15mins, game crashed yet again, went back to fc2 and played another 2 hours... I think warhead actually likes the older drivers, ug, doesn't matter, fc2 is a blast!

18. jimmyme New Member

Thanks Received:
  19. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Ture i loved Crysis warhead better than the 1st Crysis but theres thing in this game that dont scale up to Crysis if you know what i meen, and i played crysis warhead with the newest nvidia drivers out know problems, crysis is more taxing what i dont understand is how farcry 2, has higher requirements than crysis and i can max farcry 2 out no problem, try max crysis out my system cant take it on max, and wtf is with the mutiplay i cant get it to work i cant join any servers

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  20. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    How old are you Live or Die?

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Hah Criminal.

Erm, well the AI suffers the same robot like abilities as the ones in Crysis. In Crysis I might have understood a bit more, given the nature of the game - special suits, aliens etc., but for Far Cry 2, it's just not acceptable.

Maybe someone will find a weak to tweak the engine.

22. rampage

Thanks Received:
    alot of the dimonds in FC2 are behind wooden pellets (like ones used with fork lifts) just shoot them and you can get to some, for other that are up high and you cant reach just drive upto the building or shed and jump up on the vehicle then jump on the roof, i have got about 10+ dimonds this way...

i have had it for about a week now and am 51% in with 21 hrs of game play but i still am having a fairly serious bug with this game, it happens every second night or so but when i go to bed and sleep i dream about running around in a jungle or my house looking for a frigging green flashing light... any one know how to fix this? maybe a driver issue? :p

23. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: I believe thats called "really repetitive gameplay"... Download Fallout 3 Immediately

24. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fallout 3 destroys this game. It has an actual story line :eek:

25. wolf2009 Guest

You mean buy ? right ? :laugh:

10 Year Member at TPU