1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The far cry 2 thread!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mussels, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Multiplayer is still fun as heck. I just made it to top 500 deadliest players out of 48,000 (i think), with a total of 5.45 hours of play...For me the stats are a really cool part of the game. It really makes the game more of a challenge.
  2. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    Word. I'm starting to dislike Far Cry 2 already. The repetitive jeep mob that comes after me EVER AFTER I've already killed them is getting reallllllllllllllllly annoying.
  3. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    I've actually sort of come to enjoy devising new ways to obliterate the silly jeep mobs. There's nothing like taking one out w/the RPG and having the wreckage fly over your head.

Same with the outposts. BUt I agree with the general boredom comments as well - I think I'm just going to wrap up the main missions and be done with it.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  4. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    Thats my plan as well. I gotta get my $54 worth.
  5. wolf2009 Guest

^^ I have just started driving off-road to avoid the jeep mobs. I just ususally drive through jungle and desert
  6. rampage

Thanks Received:
    i have to addmit my pet hate in the game is the respawning of of guys when you are a few hundred meters away from them, if they come back after 20>30 min of game time that would eb alot better, as finding new and fun ways to take out out posts/ small bases, nothing beats the flare gun ;) its a great way of setting every thing alight... i have just started playing with the mortor but i havent mastered it yet... dose anyone actualy use the morter on a regular basis ???
  7. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    The mortar is pretty difficult since you can only carry 3 rounds at a time...I was going to practice outside the weapons shop but I really couldn't be bothered at this point. RPG or Flamer is more fun!
  8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i got the 4 round grenade launcer with extra ammo... i could complete 2 missions between needing more ammo. you had about 30 rounds, and one round could take out 5 guys if you did it right, or a one shot jeep :D

P.S i finished 2 days ago.
  9. chaotic_uk New Member

Thanks Received:
    any one getting CTD's with no error's ?
  10. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    run in DX9 and revert to cat 8.9. that helped most people.
    chaotic_uk says thanks.
  11. chaotic_uk New Member

Thanks Received:
    thx for the info
  12. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Thanks Received:
    not me man i ain't bored at all. i don't even understand the concept of rushing through a game. i mean what for?

i haven't played for two days but will play tonight. i'm about seven hours in and only 8% done. i love it!
  13. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Considering how much trouble the AI causes with it, the thought crossed my mind on numerous occasions. I never did though. On my second play through, I will most likely be carrying the M249 in that slot. I had a Carl G and RPG for the longest time but only once or twice actually used it. Actually, I think the AS50 + Uzi is all I need. Never really even use that "special" slot. XD
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. ntdouglas

ntdouglas New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not getting something guys. I made it to the safe house checkpoint. I now can't grab any meds. I continue to play then fall out of the vehicle and start sniffling and shit and die. When I see a med's box it is glowing but I can't open it. wtf:banghead:
  15. Jeno Guest

yep! try turning off the AA ;)
  16. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Loving the game but having issues on the MP side of things...my buddy is doing a dedicated host server, but we can't seem to download custom maps from him while playing, it'll show the download screen and pretty much timeout, saying download failed. Though he's had issues with his router lately, I've yet to try to host a game, not sure if my 5.0 DSL is up to the task for this game or not.

But we just upload our custom maps to our forum and place them in the dir, I love the fact the maps are so small in size, makes for very fast downloads. Just dunno how to get them to upload correctly on his end...I've yet to go up and check his ports, but he has the ports forwarding. Oh well, aside from that, having a blast!

I do need to get back into the SP game though, I have a long ways to go in that! :toast:
  17. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    map transfers are on a different port to the game. he'll need to forward more ports.
  18. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    20 why can some one tell me why i cant join any games in farcry it says can't join this match at this time try again later:confused::confused:
  19. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    A malaria attack? You need to press the use medi-kit button. You should have pills with you all the time and you get them through underground missions. The medi-kits you see laying around have those syringes. If you can't pick up the medi-kit, that means you already have as many syringes as you can carry.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    i found out you have to disable Hamachi network driver or farcry work load into any games
  21. chaotic_uk New Member

Thanks Received:

not running with AA turned on , still get the CTD's in dx9 :(
  22. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    tried updating sound card drivers? if that doesnt work, sacrifice a chicken to Bill Gates.
  23. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Hey...didn't someone have the same problem, and it was caused by their sound drivers? I sware it's back on some of the earlier pages in this thread; I just can't find it. Two people..were talking about it..
  24. ntdouglas

ntdouglas New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have syringes, and when I fall out of the car I press h to heal right? But then he's trying to empty what looks to be an empty medicine bottle. Is the syringes the meds, or is there pills also?
  25. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Ya, unfortunatley syringes and medication is on the same button, whether you remap it or not.

When you have a Malaria attack, wait a second or two and then heal. Otherwise, if you are injured, and you heal too quickly, it will use a syringe first instead ;/