1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The far cry 2 thread!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mussels, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ntdouglas

ntdouglas New Member

Thanks Received:

Yeah, so when I go down sniffling I just hit the h button right? I do that, die then I end up back at the slauterhouse with that guy asking me how I've survived outside of my mothers belly so long.lol
  2. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Well, if you don't see him popping a pill, then it's not working obviously.

Try remapping the key to something else and see what happens. Are you sure you HAVE the malaria pills in your possession?
    ntdouglas says thanks.
  3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, you don't have malaria pills until a little while in when you go to the church and the preacher gives you some.

Also, you get a malaria attack if you go some place you aren't allowed to. At the beginning, that's pretty much everywhere. You can tell where you can't go on the map by the light red areas. There is several times when the malaria attack is a scripted sequence, that is, it happens in order to progress the story.

Heh, if you fall out of the car, you're pressing the medi-kit button too late. You have to do it almost immediately after you see signs of an attack (that weird looking crap around the perimeter of the screen).
    ntdouglas says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. ntdouglas

ntdouglas New Member

Thanks Received:

No pills. He pulls out a bottle and its empty. Where do you get the pills? I thought the glowing med boxes have them, but I can't open them. Another question, in the safe house theres a glowing cot, I hit the e button and now I have a clock or watch in my possesion. What do I do with it? Maybe thats part of my problem.
  5. ntdouglas

ntdouglas New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I am pressing the h button too late. So will the syringes cure the malaria until I get the pills? Also, where do you go after the safe house.
  6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    priest. you have to do the mission for the priest, or you wont have any pills to take.
  7. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Yes, the priest in the center town will give you the pills. He's a part of the main story, and it shouldn't be long until you're supposed to go see him.

No, the syringes only heal. And they'll only work when you have more than one bar of health. If you have one bar or less, hitting the healing button will cause your player to pull a life saving maneuver, like removing a bullet from his limbs, or popping a broken bone back into place.

You can only pickup syringes from the medical kits/boxes if you have less than five (or is it four..). But you can extend your syringe capacity from upgrades later on.

It's always a good rule of thumb, that when you're near a syringe box, to hit the heal button to see if you're wounded, and then if so, grab the new syringes.
  8. ntdouglas

ntdouglas New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, but where do I go after safe house?
  9. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I think Mike's Bar. It's Southeast of the city (Pala). You have to go into, and back out of, the city to reach it.

Open up your map and look for the icon with the ! on it. That's where you need to be.
    ntdouglas says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. ntdouglas

ntdouglas New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, call me a noob, but how do you open up the map?
  11. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    ok ntdouglas, dude, open your options and look under controls and find out where your main keys are. Also after your map is up you can use "R" to scroll the map in or out for the bigger picture. There was like a 1 hour tutorial in the beginning of the game. Were you drunk? Also you use the clock to sleep and you use "a" and "d" button to move the time forward on the clock and then hit "e" and you sleep that time away.
    ntdouglas says thanks.
  12. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    map = 5. change map view size, R.
    ntdouglas says thanks.
  13. ntdouglas

ntdouglas New Member

Thanks Received:

lol Thanks dude. No I wasn't drunk or shit faced. lol It was so long I was in and out of my computer room while it was going on. Far cry, crysis and warhead seemed so easy compared to this. Plus at my age you tend to miss things.lol
  14. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, almost forgot I had farcry 2 installed.... when I get back to it after fallout3, think I'll use the bus system to get around, don't have to keep killing same ppl over and over...
  15. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    fallout 3 is fun, but it's not a true shooter, still a hoot tho. I still like this game even after fallout 3. Damn glad I got both of em, I think both needs patched, but FC2 definately needs some serious patching out of the two.

:toast:
  16. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    You still have to kill the same people over and over for missions.
  17. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    fallout 3 has one main advantage over this. the V.A.T.S thingo. it just makes combat more fun, when you get pause/bullet time, and excessive gibs :)
  18. Whilhelm

Whilhelm New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just got Deadspace and all I can say is

Deadspace :nutkick: Far Cry 2

I know that both games are way different but one is quite a bit more fun than the other.
  19. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    At first, but they get harder, and the story get's a little better after some time. We already know you don't like the game. Anyways, I just finally finished it tonight doubt I will be playing it again anytime soon. Mabye when I have nothing else to play and I feel like making different choices in the game. I thought I made the right choices the first time around... Everyone dies.:D
  20. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    no no, you didnt make the right choice.
    The right choice was everone dies in FIRE.
  21. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol! It was mainly sniper rounds.
  22. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    I like the game but its not what I really wanted it to be, I thought that if you went into a small little village and kill everyone you can loot the goodies but theres nothing to get which sucks for me. I wished it was more RPG style.

The graphics are fantastic and physics and fire!! My system is set to ultra high with 1680x1050 with AA2 and AF4 and theres no lag at all.

Once I got my hands on Fallout 3 I have not turned back to farcry 2.
  23. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    I don't get the sense of satisfaction of when I go back to a village or spot that I've destructed and killed everyone and see everything the way I left it. fc2 doesn't seem to have any kind of thread. fallout3 rox.
  24. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:

Why did you set 4AF?
  25. Jeno Guest

any one know why the arms dealer is never in? the last time i did a job for him was on wednesday :( ive got every weapon (thats unlocked) and almost all of the upgrades and stuff!