1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Filthy, Rotten, Nasty, Helpdesk-Nightmare picture clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by t_ski, May 6, 2011.

1. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    Ya know, you guys could claim these were some super cool mod effects you did and I might have believed you. :laugh: :eek: :wtf:

2. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    those are freaking nasty man,,

3. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Step 1: Unplug PC and remove all external connected device's
    Step 2: Bring PC to well ventilated area, prefferably outside
    Step 3: Remove 2, maybe 3 screw's, holding side panel to case
    Step 4: Being mindfull of placement/contact use vaccuum &/or air blast to remove dust

Rinse & repeat! :)

4. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I have seen a picture before Of a PC that someone had barfed in while having a party and didn't find it until like months later. SUPER SICK!

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    I had some chick spew chunk's all over my dash one night on my way to droppin' her off @ home, can't stand people who don't know their limit's, or forget what a window/door is! The worst thing is I had to clean it up! Needless to say i never spoke to her again :laugh:

6. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Some of these new pics look like PC's that have been stuck out in a barn or some other storage. I think we need to make sure the pics posted are ones from PC's that are in use (or stopped working due to the filth issue and you found it when you got called in to look at it).

Agreed?

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    fuck that shit! I would Kill someone if they done that!

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    I didn't even get any pie! Stoopid biznitch :shadedshu

9. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Speaking of vomit...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

_JP_ and PopcornMachine say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. The Von Matrices

The Von Matrices

Thanks Received:
  11. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    That give's new meaning to the term integrated heatsink :laugh:

12. xxdozer32

xxdozer32 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is it wrong to use a leaf blower to clean a PC? or am i just that big of a mexican?

13. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I thought generally the rule was that if a chick spewed in a dudes car she owes him a BJ at the minimum...(redeemable at a time when she isn't vomiting everywhere.)

AhokZYashA and theJesus say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  14. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    lol, years back while driving me and some mates back from a nightclub, the dude in the front passenger seat wasnt feeling too good and chunked out the windows while i was on the highway... all of the windows were open (it was summertime and in south africa so was very warm night)... all the puke went straight back into the back of the car through the window and splattered all over the 3 dudes in the back seat :D

funny now but i was seriously pissed at the time (and laughing too a bit). :laugh:

15. NAVI_Z

NAVI_Z New Member

Thanks Received:
    what if it's ur sister in law?? does that count too?

16. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Nah, family gets a pass.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  17. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    my big bro passed me a shitter a few months ago he bought for a tenner, P4 biege box it is, it rattled a fair bit so i opened it to find it had been a jonny stash, their was about 30 unused obv condoms in it, strange and no i didnt fix it i put the lid on and binned it ,the oddtard of a thing

More than 25k PPD
  18. thebluebumblebee

thebluebumblebee

Thanks Received:
    I don't have pics, but I'll try to paint one for you. You may not want to read this if you're about to have a bite to eat.
    The boss's daughter (remember that) and I were sent out to a client's house back in the late '90's. I don't remember what we went there for, although, she worked on the software side and I worked on the hardware/LAN side. The clients were an old married couple and both were lawyers. When I pulled up to the house, I saw a grand ol house that looked more suited for a horror movie than a lawyer's office. Big, grand house with almost no paint and the grasshoppers had gotten way behind on the yard work. I think I even called back to the office to verify I had the correct address. I believe that I met the boss's daughter on the way out (or she called me) and she warned me about what I was to encounter. I went up and rang the doorbell and when the door opened, I wanted to run away, but, I have to be professional, right? I grew up on a farm so I can handle smells, but, as I was lead the length of the house to the stairwell, I noticed 1 foot circles on the carpets (area rugs) ALL over the house and the smell of ammonia and urine was one of the worst smells I'd ever run into. (I'm not sure if I remember actually seeing feces on the floor) I went upstairs as directed and found the same thing upstairs. I looked into the problem and told them that I would have to take their PC's back to the shop to work on them just as a way to get out of that house. Of course no one would believe me when I got back to the office. The boss's daughter was no where to be found. When we finally got ahold of her, we found out that she had gone home to take a shower to get the smells off of her and to get started on laundering her clothes! When she came back to the office, we were finally able to convince everyone (watching their faces change from "oh right" to "I might have to go there" was priceless) and talked the boss into jacking up the quote so hopefully we would not need to go back. They accepted our quote but I was fortunate to have a job on the other side of town the day they went back, only to find that they had done a great job cleaning up.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
  20. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Common issue on some older chips. The thermal paste gets really thick when cool and the CPU comes out of the socket still attached to the heatsink.

This came out of an HP DC5000 computer. We had someone that complained their DC5000 was running really loud all the time. One of the guys pulled the heatsink off on this noisy PC to clean off the old compound and replace it with some Arctic Ceramique I have. However, he stopped there and left the office for a while.

I came into his office, saw what he was up to and thought I'd help him out. I cleaned it up and applied the new compound, then went about seating the heatsink. I put one of the clips on, but saw that the second clip had a loop broken off the plastic mounting bracket (it's a S478 Pentium 4 CPU). We had another DC5000 that that had it's own issues, so I planned on taking the bracket off that one to use on the noisy PC. I undid the clips on it and removed the heatsink, only to find the CPU stuck to the bottom of it (and of course, the nasty dust, dander, wtf mess underneath).

If this was one of my computers for home, I probably would have warmed the CPU up a little before I unmounted the heatsink.

theJesus says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    i wish i could find this pic i had....

customers pc was acting up freezin and getting hot.

i took the mobo out of the case and OMG.... half the back of the mobo was burnt to a crisp from electric damage.

remarkably... it still ran. they even refused to replace it.

they said "if its workin i dont see why i would need to get it replaced"

theJesus says thanks.
  22. Cuzza

Cuzza New Member

Thanks Received:
    This thread is full of win. I mean fail. Which is sometimes win.

Bambooz says thanks.
  23. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    I know. I already came across a situation like that. Socket was 939, though. Had to go all hammer and chisel (screwdriver) on it, because the damn thing wouldn't let go of the heatsink. :laugh:

24. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    A hairdryer or heatgun will usually work.

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Didn't had either. It didn't need that much strength as well. Popped right off at 1st try. Didn't use too much strength and had a cloth so it didn't damage the pins for when it landed on the table.