1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The green power bulb on the case

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Black Panther, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure I'm using the correct terminology 'bulb' but bear with me since my native language isn't English...

Well the power green light which should appear on the case of my 7 year old P4 isn't lighting up any more.
    Recently I had a problem with that pc because I disconnected all cards and wiring inside to re-arrange the wiring for better airflow, and I couldn't solve which was the hdd light and which was the power light and the pc wouldn't POST. But I solved it and the lights were functioning correctly.

Also recently I transported that pc to another place, and it had the same problem it always had when being transported. It got car-sick. :p And didn't POST. Necessitating taking out RAM and VGA and re-inserting, even though they appeared to be properly inserted and clipped in. Afaik afterwards the green light functioned, but now it doesn't. Anyway, the pc is functioning normally. So I can assume that it's just the little green bulb that gave up or could it point to some other potentially more serious problem?

2. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    Probably the light just gave out.

3. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i have the same issue with the orange one on my case they just die after a while you could go get another green LED from a store or scavenge one from something with one in it then you just solder it in the old ones wires and hot glue it into the old ones spot