1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The HD DVD clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by effmaster, Dec 1, 2007.

1. halcyon68 Guest

c

2. halcyon68 Guest

Hd Dvd

Definitley count me in, hd dvd all the way!

3. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok halcyon Ive added mussels as well as you to the list. Welcome to the HD DVD clubhouse. If you know of anyone else that supports HD DVD do invite them to join the clubhouse everyone. The more members this clubhouse has the stronger our voice will be heard.
    :toast::toast::toast:

4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I completely agree with you. That would've resolved picture issues all the way around for both formats. Well, except for those cases where the master they use to encode from was crappy. Nothing can help those movies except maybe a full remaster.

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i've been watching anime all day in 720p. damn its sweet.

yes its not HD-DVD here, but look this way - currently on DVD we get 2-3 eps of a series per disk, with HD we can get a lot more, at DVD quality half a series could fit on one disk!

6. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    What anime?!?!?!? GITS is the only thing I've really seen around on HD of some kind.

7. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lets not confuse with why I posted those examples. I didn't say nor imply any codec problems in that post. I simply got tired of having to look for additional information before buying a BR title do to some of the problems I've experienced (hence the links I posted). The movies I purchased on both DVD and HD-DVD I have not had a single issue. Regardless of the reason I pay a higher premium buying a BR player then I did with HD and the level of movies that I want to watch are questionable.

Digging a little deeper "is" what I did and realized that I was not alone. Ultimately, I am no longer buying BR titles and I stand by that decision. As you can see BR/HD movies are not always 100% equal. However, there are accusations were the movie comes from the same stuido (IE: Warner) that use the same methods for both formats. In those cases they are 100% equal. But other then that it's not always the case.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  8. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Woot!!!
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?SAVEHDD
    Approximately over 6000 people have signed the petition, keep it up everyone. Dont let Warner think that we are a dead format. AGo out and buy you some WB HD DVD movies. And I encourage everyone to make a stand behind the WB HD DVD movie release I am Legend when it comes out this April. We need to show WB that HD DVD owners are still out there and are hungry for more HD DVD movies from them. If that cant change WB's mind from a consumer standpoint then this war will then be decided if WB is suddenly offered a gross amount of $$ from someone else on the HD DVD side.

imperialreign says thanks.
  9. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll throw down my support!

Thanks to eff for linking me back over here - I hadn't checked this thread since it was kicked off and y'all were still wanting people to own hardware.

<edit> I went and signed the peti, too.

TBH, my biggest gripe: Blu Ray = SONY = rootkits <~ need I say anything else?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
    effmaster says thanks.
  10. Water Drop New Member

Thanks Received:
    I fully support HD-DVD. It offers video quality equal and/or better than Blu-Ray. It also uses less copy protection, and is a much more affordable format. With the current prices of HD-DVD players under $200, its a steal. It's the superior format backed by the superior companies.

:respect:HD-DVD:rockout:

effmaster and Dangle say thanks.
  11. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok imperialreign and water drop you have both been added:toast::toast::toast:

12. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Also another excellent personal note is that my family has finally decided to purchase an HDTV (A plasma to be exact) And I can now watch my HD DVD movies on my 360 add on in my living room rather than on my laptop. YAY!!! no more small screens to view on

13. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    isnt plasma the one that static images kill?
    Logos (such as a TV network) that are static in the corner burn into the screen, therefore HUD's and other static images in games do the same?

14. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    nearly 30,000 petitions in support of HD-DVD

Anyone have any idea of how to send this to warner?

15. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    go fax it to them. in its entirety.

16. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    God thats alot of trees that we would be killing in the process lol

17. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I tried to convince them that Plasma wasnt the way to go but no parent ever listens to their childs knowledge no matter how smart they are (well the do listen sometimes but is a rarity)

LCD was the better way to go but hey you cant convince people who say look it has better colors and has a lower price tag ($900).

note this was a steal considering that its made by Panasonic though but I still hate the plasma Ill make sure I get a burn in effect somehow just so I can prove them wrong for not listening to me.

18. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    yeah but a huge amount of spammed paper is the only way to get a companies attention. you think a bigwig will notice a spam email that can be deleted? he'll notice a gigantic mound of paper in the hallway.

19. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

fax them a page of signatures a day plus all previous faxed pages until people stop signing the petition - day one: 1; day two: 1 + 1; day three: 2 + 1; day four: 3 + 1; etc

20. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah!

Just like with CBS receiving 20 tons of peanuts delivered to them after they had originally decided to end Jericho ( I loved that show and still do).They decided to put it back up after all, this February actually lol

21. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know the addres We can put a Stamp on the letters to?

22. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually like imperialreign said everyone needs to mail (physically not email mind you) Warner a letter with one page of the signatures. Then the next day send two pages with the signatures including the first page. If we all do this at the same time we can succeed. Im serious about this whats $20 or $30 total in stamp costs?lol Just one HD DVD movie thats all.

Although do keep buying HD DVD's everyone. Or else Warner will find this all to be pointless if there isnt still a market for HD DVD

Edit: Never mind about whats the address for WB I found it: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Address_of_Warner_Brothers

Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.
    (818) 977 - 7900
    4000 Warner Boulevard
    Burbank, California

23. Shizelbs New Member

Thanks Received:
    All I have is the lowly 360 add on player. I own more BluRay discs than HD, but I'm sure as hell not just picking one format.

24. Dangle New Member

Thanks Received:
    How is HD DVD doing these days? Anybody know how they have responded to everyone going BD exclusive?

25. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Things are currently going as they weere originally planned from what I have heaed at least.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?SAVEHDD
    Hooray almost 32,000 signatures so far. Everyone start sending letters in the mail to Warner with the list of petitioners who signed the petition to save HD DVD