1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The HYPER 212 question

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by nothappy, Sep 10, 2012.

1. nothappy New Member

Thanks Received:
    The nightmare called reality (Jakarta, Indonesia)
    Hello,

I'll Be quick, I got 2 cooler master fans on my Hyper 212 using push (Blademaster) and pull (regular LED cooler master).

I got a 2500K over clocked to 4.2 and during Folding they go to 69-70C (Degrees Celsius). My rent doesnt include AC just normal Exhaust and an industrial fan I added for circulation, usually temperatures are at 33.

I want to buy 2 scythes either kaze or gentle typhoon, but worried over the noise. And of course I do wsh to know what can be gained by this small upgrade of fans. I also used standard 14cm NZXT fans on my rig (CORSAIR 300R). They do okay but was looking for a bit more strength while not too noisy, I game using speakers and Headphones, and the rig is on the floor not on the desk.

Bear In mind some vendors are not available here in INDONESIA, I recommend you to go to 'http://www.waroengkom.com/' to see what is available.

I am not trying to advertise ANYTHING, just need help in choosing the best 12cm and 14cm fans for my beloved rig. Thanks in advance for Wizzard and cadaveca for their earlier help and Helpfull Benchmarks.
    :toast::toast:
  2. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    70c thats pretty good for a a ocd 2500k there is nothing wrong here don't worrie about temps until they hit 85c
    nothappy says thanks.
  3. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Given your ambient temp is 33C everything is fine. You don't need anything more.
    nothappy says thanks.
  4. nothappy New Member

Thanks Received:
    As an added protection and assurance, Might buy a Noctua NF-F12 for the push, and use the blademaster for pull.

I also was tempted for a closed loop of Kuhler 620 but with a Xigmatec radiator rather than the stock. But after I saw how tiresome the cleaning process can be, I say maybe later, quicker using air cooler, just blow som compressed air between the fins and you're done. Thanks Guys!
  5. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    I've got a Contac 30 from thermaltake. Its in a push (stock 120mm on the cooler) pull (high flow 80mm) config with the psu pulling a little more from it (its mounted so the fans point bottom to top). I noticed that it did drop the temps a little bit so I'd say you have a good fan config.

as far as temps... you're fine.
    nothappy says thanks.
  6. nothappy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I haven't tried the bottom to top, will clean it tonight, and re-configure.

Couldn't fit another 14cm fan above this beast as it takes room and hard to get a good cable management if I added one more. As Hot air accumulates at the top its actually a sound logic to pull the inside air to direct it outwards from the top.

Its a very long dry season here in Jakarta, we got people planting rice in what usually was their fish ponds. Again Thank you for your input.
  7. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
    I currently have a 212+ evo with 2 Scythe GT AP-29s in push pull. The pull fan is connected a a fan controller and I followed the steps here to turn the push fan into a PWM fan... If you could get the lower speed GTs then it would be better (pertaining to noise)... :)
    nothappy says thanks.
  8. Bot

Bot

Thanks Received:
    the GT's will most likely not perform better. The GT's are quieter then the BladeMasters but put out less airflow over the entire RPM spectrum. The Kaze might be rather what you are looking for if you are looking for performance rather than silence. The BladeMasters are pretty decent fans.
    If you can squeeze it on there i would go with 140mm fans. maybe via rubber bands or zip ties.

I would rather replace that LED fan with another BladeMaster to optimize airflow
    nothappy says thanks.
  9. nothappy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its always the compromise of sound that is the first thing to pop up, I saw the ultra kaze video and was stunned as to how loud it was, and would most likely chose the gentle typhoons, but after some research the Noctua NF-F12 was my go to fan.

The main reason is that it is built for cooling fins and that it doesn't cost as much as the Typhoons. It does annoy me to know that the coloring scheme will be a sight to sore eyes, but then again my casing doesnt have acrylic windows.

Purchasing a fan controller is a wicked cool idea, but not feasible. Sorry on this one as I have done quite enough in damaging my finance and I know Suzy Ormond is going to DENY anything I ask. As a personal info, I do some airsoft (BB guns), and the gun + accessories are quite pricey.

Thanks again for the info, if anybody is crazy enough to try a Pull + Pull Configuration and post his / Her findings that will be cool, as for me, back to work....