1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

the killing floor

Discussion in 'Games' started by Easy Rhino, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Kenshai

Thanks Received:

You respawn at the end of a wave.
    ChromeDome says thanks.
  2. Downesey

Downesey New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    left 4 dead is repetitive too but not in the way it ruins the fun

the game seems like it needs tweaks but just now it looks fun

i want to try it out, defo!
  4. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    The levels and the game itself are somewhat glitchy. Multiplayer has major flaws in server joining. They really need to be hammered out. I hope more weapons are added too (won' happen but oh well!) Mic support is horrible. Impossible to comprehend what teammates are saying half the time. Needs alot of improvement, but really fun to play!
  5. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    You need to lower the game volume and up the player voice thing. I have player voice and music maxed out.. I really like the music.
  6. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    The music definitely adds to the whole feeling of the game.
  7. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    yea im sure they are hard at work hammering out all the bugs. im sure there will be a lot of new maps once users start building their own. they need weapon mods and new zombies.
  8. warup89

Thanks Received:
    played it, and well its a cool game but it didn't impressed me as much as L4D did when i first played it. I noticed some bugs too, but it just got released so i got no reason to complain for the time being, the game play is pretty solid and gets pretty actiony at times with the music going on and all. Overall this is a good game, but it can be better, which [hopefully] it will be over time.

ill give it an 7.5/10:)
  9. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^ yeah they just gave it a big update. fixed a bunch of bugs and server issues. i would think more is to come

it certainly is no L4D. its a fun game with good atmosphere....really wild and basic. but it would make a person really appreciate L4D more imo. i think some see L4D like they see this game. just a basic all out shooter. but L4D is more then that imo

L4D is such a well polished, well executed, well thought out game. from the weapons to the zombies and the teamwork. the music, the achievements, the graphics. everything is spot on. gameplay is incredible

i like this game and expect to keep playing it. it is worthy. but i LOVE L4D. just played a game in fact. so much fun and intensity
  10. kyle2020 Guest

Its a solid game, and is better than L4D IMO. L4D is the storyline / cutscene beaut, whereas this is just all out "of fuck theres another group of clots behind me, quick, the hunting shotgun!" kind of game. The music makes it feel fast paced an exciting, couple that with the survival aspect and youve got a cracking game. Despite it being impossible on difficulty settings higher than beginner, id give it a 7 / 10, mainly because of how expensive it is.

Just finished my first sort of "game" - beginner in west london, sat behind the rolling gate with the hunting shotgun and dual handcannons :cool:

[​IMG]
  11. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    You're not supposed to be playing on a higher difficulty til you level up a bit, at least from what I can tell, Me and my 4 friends walked into it on the second difficulty, and were doing okay til like the fourth wave where we got wrecked by two of the boomer like ones, 3 of the glowing chest ones, and then 2 chain saw ones at relatively the same time on the farm where it's open ie can't run and hide.:wtf:
  12. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    beginer,normal are easy to do third hardest is a bit harder but not that hard
  13. xubidoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    i also bought this ,and having pld it for a day or so ,ive now deleted it ,very poor imo and not a patch on L4D unfortunately.

i thought it sounded good tbh ,but i wasn't impressed at all,a waste of £11 really for me.
  14. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    played this last night at a Friends house...Computer is down for right now, and thought it was great for 20.00. Alot of people are whining about it being a ripoff of LFD..Just like Saints row with GTA. Get over it, it's fun for 20.00 and I enjoyed it.
  15. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    It came out as a mod years before left4dead did, so if they say it's a ripoff they don't know what they're talking about :p
  16. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    I agree.
  17. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    Go to audio settings and click it default. YOu'll notice that your music and sound volume reduces except the voice which will stay maxed. It was meant to be that way.