1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Mass Effect 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by killarobot, Mar 12, 2012.

1. killarobot New Member

Thanks Received:
    Since there are so many scattered threads about this game, figured will make a centralized one

so yea post all mass effect 3 stuff in here

Release date: March 6 2012
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Developer: Bioware

Wikipedia Page

Trailer

I have been playing it for the past week and think it is a great game

am playing it on Xbox 360

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
  2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I debated about making a thread like this not an hour ago but decided not to.

Anyway, I have a question for those that are pretty far into a ME2 save:
    Does how you complete Tali: Treason have any impact on whether or not the Quarians are attacking the Geth in ME3? I'm guessing you can't change the admiralty's point of view so war is inevitable but just want to be certain.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
  4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    this game is awesome for the first half, and now is showing its bugs... and i hear the ending is abysmal.

digibucc says thanks.
  5. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:
    niceee game;works perfectly till now no bugs only roaches

i used me2 gamesaves also

6. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:

When i went to the veil the Quarian had been in a war with the Geth, i had choices to either retreat or counter attack, Tali is an Admiral. The Geth are under reaper influence so you have to do a few missions, also i told them to pull back instead of countering the Geth. Later you meet with Legion, btw i trusted him the whole way through both games and did his loyalty mission. Can end up in a few ways but i think i did it the way to get most war assets.

My outcome in that set of missions.
    Peace was made between both Geth and Quarian when the reaper was killed. Quarians moved back to the home planet with the Geth. I had trusted Legion in ME2 and did his loyalty mission to rewrite heretic Geth to join the peaceful Geth. Tali survived and Legion died, Legion decided to join the hive mind in order to give the Geth some reaper AI tech upgrades (which you can stop). Geth promised to uphold Legions promise or something like that.

Yeah the game so far is amazing, i now have to track down Cerberus (isn't really a spoiler). I've started now to get some texture bugs where they would go missing like a character in a cutscene or their weapon. FORTUNATELY i didn't get any bugs when i run or any in combat.

FordGT90Concept says thanks.
  7. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    Road to ending was epicness of EPIC, but the endings, well, imho kinda failed to deliver.
    At least, looking at Bioware forums, there may be a chance for DLC/patch/something other to give the "real" endings.

8. Crazykenny

Crazykenny

Thanks Received:
    Hmm.... I'm no where near the end but I get the distinct feeling thats its gonna be a "you die... the end" kinda ending. (No need to confirm my suspiscions though)

9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i had no save, so legion was called 'geth VI' which annoyed me. i chose the geth in that mission because tali was supposed to call off her forces (and i'd chosen all the peaceful options, saved their admiral from the civillian fleet, etc etc) and then they all died, and tali literally jumped off a bridge. and legion died anyway.

I'm commander shephard, and i endorse mass genocide.

10. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I lost interest halfway through ME2 and have yet to get it back. Comments like Mussels' don't help.

11. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Same as you, it was "Geth VI." I killed "Legion Assassin" on Cerberus's base though because I donated Legion's body to Cerberus. Legion is the only geth on the base so he kind of stands out. I killed him as he started to go down a ladder in the "lab."

So it sounds like what you do during Tali's loyalty mission doesn't really matter so long as you complete it. That's good news for me. :D

I saw tons of bugs too and a few minor ones in combat like AI players crouching on top of a crouchable object like a table. Made them easy targets for me but still, it shouldn't have happened. The majority of bugs are in the cutscenes though. I've seen everything from dislocated joints, to pulsing lighting on characters, to incorrect perspectives (looking at a wall or something during a conversation), to audio fading in/out at inappropriate times. ME3 is definitely the most buggy out of the three.

I <3 Black Widow V! On normal, it will kill most enemies dead hitting anywhere. On tougher enemies, usually a single headshot with warp ammo will kill. Three shots (mag size) it will kill just about everything. The only downside is that it costs 250k credits. :(

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    How is the COOP? have you guys tried it?

My GF loves the mass effect series, and I was hoping to play it with her.

13. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Love the game so far. As far as the endings go, the haters are always going to be more vocal. If anyone remembers the ending to the remake of BSG, it's a lot like that... Many people screamed about it, many people liked it. Let the whiners whine.

*This game is someone's creation.. Their work of art. If I saw a painting, liked most of it but there was a part the painting that I didn't like I would find it inappropriate to tell the artist to grab a brush and change it, add to it.

It also reminds me of this:

14. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    ^ Fair enough.

15. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    its sad when you can pay for a game in installments. lol

16. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:

Yes, paying for free DLC is sad.

17. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    Coop is a lot of fun. Four people max, and 3 levels of difficulty. I play bronze or silver so far.

It's fun working with a team.

As far as the real game goes, it is very good but kind of bumming me out so far. Hope this is just the character I imported and not how all runs end up.

phanbuey says thanks.
  18. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the reply!

Is the COOP for the campaign or is it just a 'mode' for select missions? i.e. can we go through the entire game coop or is it like Modern Warfare?

19. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry, but the ending sucks ass, and I cant seem to get the spoiler working so I won't post my frustrations right now.

20. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    I finished the game yesterday. I did all quests except a couple and got 6600 Military but with 50% not playing MP i didnt get the best ending, which sucks.

Playing with vanguard, totally invincible, could spam the biotic charge and get 100% shields all the time. Finished the game with 600k credits, didnt buy the spectre weapons, weren't good enought

About geth quarians
    I got them to peace, Tali survived and Legion died since he upload or something.

Krogans
    The female lived and grunt. Also wrex since the 1st game

Ashley/Dude
    Liara killed her since i dodnt use the renegade option to shoot udina

But i kept mostly everyone alive, some ME2 characters had to die in the storyline.

Ending
    Mad since i didnt get the best ending even i made 98% of quests. The worst part is destroying the mass relays, thats evil, species will be locked out of each other, even worse than shep dying. Also why a explosion to destroy the reapers? If the Catalyst controlled them, just broadcast a fucking self destroy signal, why destroy the citadel and the relays damn it.

And the DLC is completely inside the game, its too long and well though to be a post game insetion. The prothean is totally well designed. It wouldnt fit in 500Mb never.

Can anyone explain me the synthesis ending?

21. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    GAME TIME!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  22. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Btw, nobody said there wasn't going to be a Mass Effect 4. Mass Effect 3 is just the end of Shepards story. ;) There will be more Mass Effect I have no doubt.

23. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    The coop is completely separate from the single player game.

It uses locations from the game, and the four of you face cerberus, geth, or reaper minions.

You pick the species and class of character you want to be, and more opportunities open up as gain experience and purchase packages.

Purchases are done with in game earned cash. Haven't spent a dime on anything in this game other than the initial purchase price.

24. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I just tried co-op last night and it was pretty fun! I need more/better weapons though. Some of the teams I was playing with were losing on Bronze difficulty handily. It can be pretty challenging which is great!

25. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    Like I said, silver is my limit so far. Played the demo version, and could tell they ramped up the difficulty on silver as time went on. Hate playing the reaper creatures. The big hulking things and the banshees are hard to deal with.