• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The monitor Lift

Processor q6600
Motherboard Asus P5Q deluxe
Cooling Thermaltake pump & res withe tripple rad (taken from kandalf case)
Memory 2MB OCZ Reaper 1066mhz
Video Card(s) ati x1950xt (Tempory) Will Be ATI4850 within weeks
Storage 36gb raptor, 500GB samsung HD502IJ
Case Antec900
Power Supply Hiper typeR 580w
Software Vista Ultimate 32bit
To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Gigabyte Z68xp-UD4
i5-2500k @ 4.5ghz
8gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz
2x Palit GTX 560ti
Raijintek all in one water cooler
Samsung 2.5-Inch 500 GB 850 EVO running win 8.1
750gb WD black (win7)
2TB seagate,
1TB WD Green, for storage
Phobya touch screen fan controller
3x samsung syncmaster 2443

Cinema
Pioneer vsx924
Mordaunt Short 5.1 speakers
Benq data projector
Automated Screen
Xbox 360
bluray

Mods:
Custom Built desk, built from Ply wood and pine
Monitors lifted by a 600mm 80kg throw actuator
Acrylic window cut into desk.
Self booting when screens raised

The project a came about when I acquired the 3 screens from a friend, after researching multi screen displays I stumbled across screens lifts and I had to do something similar.
I had just bought a new house with my girlfriend and had decided on one of the rooms to be a cinema room as I previously owned half the kit. The desk and the room were designed around each other and keeping in with the theme and decoration of the room I decided on a dark wood desk.
I built a simple monitor structure out of wood and bolted to the wall to keep it secure. The problem I had was able to keep the monitors close to the wall as possible while working with the design of the actuator which was very hard and went through 3 re designs. I then used some old monitors brackets to secure the two side monitors to the wooden plank.
One mod i really wanted to perform was a self booting pc, i used a micro switch screwed to the actuator frame which is flcked and activated by the elevation of the monitors by a bent Pclip simple but works :)
The hardware is accessible from the left panel from under the desk.
Unfortunately I was trying to do the project on quite a tight budget as I had a whole house to decorate ?
The Components belonged to my current rig but funds couldn’t really allow me to upgrade at the time. The pc is mainly used for photo editing with some light gaming at times. The hardware is due for a upgrade though but still serves my need fully at the moment.
Please check out the video for full demonstration.

Processor 5800x
Motherboard b550-e
Cooling full - custom liquid loop
Memory cl16 - 32gb
Video Card(s) 6800xt
Storage nvme 1TB + ssd 750gb
Display(s) xg32vc
Case hyte y60
Power Supply 1000W - gold
Software 10
big mess inside table :)
what I can say, my opinion monitors are not in the middle of table, and not really comfy to seat, don't know how to explain.. "no space for leg's" :)

Regards - Tomas

Processor q6600
Motherboard Asus P5Q deluxe
Cooling Thermaltake pump & res withe tripple rad (taken from kandalf case)
Memory 2MB OCZ Reaper 1066mhz
Video Card(s) ati x1950xt (Tempory) Will Be ATI4850 within weeks
Storage 36gb raptor, 500GB samsung HD502IJ
Case Antec900
Power Supply Hiper typeR 580w
Software Vista Ultimate 32bit
Thanks for the comment Thomas, the centre monitor is centre to my seating position as I sit to the right of the sub, and plenty of room to stretch legs may not look that way in the image. If I'd built the rack again I would of built it slightly thinner but had to accommodate room for av amp and air flow around it as the room gets very warm, its not to much of an issue. As for the mess inside, the picture was taken throughout the build as things were put in place. As a finished product it's not seen.

Last edited: