1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The movie industry is dictating that DRM be built into Intel's new line of CPUs.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Nick89, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Too much arguing over nonsense makes your penis small.

Remember that.

2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    so you're saying, just accept that?

3. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Speak for yourself !

4. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    no matter how "financially secure" in they end, it is basic greed.

right, Intel including hardware whose sole purpose is to LIMIT what i can do with my own property, is nonsense.

AphexDreamer says thanks.
  5. trickson

Thanks Received:
    What els can you do ? You think that you can CHANGE any of it ? try . :laugh:

6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    So you recognize them as a problem...but you want to keep on using them? :laugh:

7. trickson

Thanks Received:
    The only thing that matters is the rights of the company's not the people . We are just pones in there game and they will tell us how it is going to be no matter what you think your rights are ! :eek:

8. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I'm not playing games. Here's the guitar, in a picture I took last Friday:

[​IMG]

Sure, they feed me and my family. I do not see this as giving up my rights...I see it as a way of life.

Attached Files:

• 012a.jpg
      012a.jpg
      File size:
      194.1 KB
      Views:
  9. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    not within the system, any longer. but with the internet. joining forces with other like minded people instead of just saying "what can you do".

even if it never makes a dent, imo it's much better then sitting back and saying "hit me again ike"

10. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    so your point is most of the people who bought your music, did so ONLY because of DRM?
    why don't you send an email to all of them, and see how many buy your next album.

come on, unless you're just greedy - you're obviously financially secure enough to risk it!

i think, with a view like yours of the world, you are worse than a "pirate". you belittle humanity.

11. Thatguy New Member

Thanks Received:
    So you think musicians make money selling records ? Do you belive that lie ? Most sucessful musicians make money touring, always have always will. Most recording artists get 20 points if they are lucky. thats 20cents per record. figure out how many records a artist would have to sell to make a million dollars.

Secondly. This won't even put a dent in piracy. Its only going to piss people off more.

12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yes. EXACTLY.

But how do you propose that artists then protect thier intellectual property? I'm all ears for good alternatives...

See, another part of the problem is that many forget that artists are supposed to be STARVING ARTISTS...not rich ones.

13. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    they protect by forming a relationship with their fans, and making them WANT to OWN a piece of their ART.

instead of make a copy of that one cool song from a $20 cd.

14. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Fact is you are just asking Ike to keep hitting you . There is NOTHING you or I can do at all . They will implement what ever it takes to take control over you , your computer and your daily life , Think NOT ? Just take a good look around you for once . Tell me JUST how much " Freedom " do you really have in this country or any other ? And what do you think you can do to stop DRM or any other tech from taking your rights from you ? You can choose not to have a computer get on line and just live in the woods as far from every thing you can ( This is the only real solution you have ) .

15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    and no matter what they try, as long as we stick together there will be a way around it. there is no fighting the force of singular resolve by a large number of people.

with no weapons at all you can take down an army, with a large enough force.

16. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    NO, my point is that the guitar wouldn't be in my house without DRM. It's nessecary evil, and it works for me.

OK, but it's already been proven countless times that this doesn't always work. there needs to something more sucure than the honor system.

17. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    and if it works for you, it doesn't matter the negative effects it has on others?

and you are just mincing words. how are you not saying all of your fans are pirates, while saying you would not have a nice new guitar without drm. i see them as going together unless you can explain how they don't.

and there already is, but how far should you be allowed to go?

i say screwing with the hardware i legally purchased is TOO FAR.

18. trickson

Thanks Received:
    LOL . Funny how many are blind and how few rights you have now compared to 50 years ago .
    Fact is things are not going to get better for you or me . DRM is just the first step in taking over what you do with your property and what you buy with your hard earned cash . Take a good look around you and you will see I am right . This will only get worse once they have this what is stopping them from having all your computer information and every thing you do NOW is also seen by any one and every one . There is NO privacy at all . NONE !

19. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    You haven't purchased it yet. Don't do so.

digibucc says thanks.
  20. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    When you find my music, let me know. My relationship with the industry makes DRM nessecary. I don't have "FANS". I have customers. They protect the work I do, to protect the investment they made. I don't see any negative impact here...what so negative about it?

I don't see this as "screwing with the hardware". Again, if you don't like it, don't buy! very simple...but the fact of the matter is that people WILL BUY, and not give it a second thought.

21. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Here's another thought when it comes to music piracy
    This does not good for the musician in general but I do believe it says something important to the musician.

If you see your music in torrents being seeded and leeched big time, you know you have made it big as a musician.

BTW cadaveca:-
    Interesting Les Paul you have there....modded with push pull pots or something?
    Never seen one like it before.

22. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    while i agree with your premise, your conclusion is false.
    simply because as i said, there is always a way around it.

proxy servers, firewalls, offline machines, different operating systems.
    hackers, crackers, wetworkers, thieves. in a perfect world none of them would exist, but when as you said, we truly have no rights - SOME of their work can become necessary.

i posed a similar question to my good friend lemode.

basically, would you rather you had less people who appreciated your work? if that one pirate, or one hundred pirates, decided and got others to purchase, you then made money from piracy.

would you rather never have made that money, or would you rather those first fans pirated your work, albeit temporarily.

23. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Thing is this is just a stepping tool for even bigger things we will soon see a huge increase in privacy inception . Trust me I could care less as this will not have any impact on me I listen to music on the radio and watch T.V. and movies on my payed for direct TV system . But this is just one more way to take from you and me and this will lead to bigger things trust me .

digibucc says thanks.
  24. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    without a doubt, it's all tiny steps that add up to total control. and the whole time most people say, it doesn't affect me, or what can i do.

but again, for every big whig trying to control us, there is a hacker in his basement just as smart or smarter, tearing down those walls for those who care to pay attention.

the point being, just pay attention.

25. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Soon they will infiltrate your bodily fluids !

FatForester and digibucc say thanks.