1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Novatech Isys Elite

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by crazy pyro, Oct 23, 2008.

1. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone here got one? If so is it good?
    I've had it suggested that I build a computer but I really don't want to screw up, I'm happy to put in a new graphics card/ a second hard drive.
    If you don't like them what would you guys recommend and nothing silly please, try and keep it below £500 including vista and a graphics card, no monitor needed.
    Link is here: http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/range.html?t=pc&c=gaming&r=ISE
  2. spearman914

spearman914 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I suggest you build one on ur own. Pre build rigs are not that great.

You can try my gaming rig but I’ll change it a little bit.

CPU: E8500 w/S1283 cooler
    MB: Asus P5Q
    RAM: G.Skill PI 2 x 2 GB 1066 MHz
    GPU: HD4850
    HDD: WD Caviar blank (any amount of storage you want)\
    CD/DVD Drive: Most CD/DVD drives are identical and don’t worry about this component too much since its not for gaming use unless for installing a Cdgame.
    LCD: Samsung 226BW (dunno if you can find one of these anymore)
    Case: Your own preference but buy one big enough to fit everything
    Sound Card: Onboard or your own preference
    PSU: Corsair 620HX
    OS: Windows Vista (Get a 64-bit version for supporting 4GB+)
    crazy pyro says thanks.
  3. Silverel

Silverel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol, neither of those options from Novatech are anywhere near "Elite".

Listen to the Spearman, he guides you well.
  4. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    I stated in the OP that I didn't want to build a new computer. It doesn't need to be elite, that just happened to be the name.
  5. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    These forums are mostly aimed at enthusiasts. ie about everyone here prefers building themselves, pushing hardware to its limits.

Apart from that, if you want a useful answer you'd have to tell us what you want to use the PC for. Otherwise we can't recommend anything.
  6. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thought I'd mentioned that in the OP, anyway, I want to use if for gaming (Mainly TF2, L4D when it comes out, S.T.A.L.K.E.R and supreme commander), I'll also want to use it for internet browsing and homework etc.
    I know that these forums are aimed mainly at enthusiasts but the majority of people on here will have had experience with pre-built and they might be able to help me.
    I'd like to build one myself but there's several problems:
    1. I'd probably screw up and break something
    2. My dad won't let me
    3. I'd probably order incompatible parts or something.
    On the other hand I wouldn't mind buying all the parts seperately and then taking them to the local computer shop and getting them to put it together.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  7. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    do that then order all the parts and then get them to fit it
    it will mean you can ask us for all the right parts then you will have people who know what their doing fit it

i suggest getting a core 2 system and a radeon 4870 or a non stock cooling 4850

4gb of ram is a must too, there are allways people selling vista like here on tpu or on sale online
  8. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now to persuade my dad, meh he's changed his mind since I posted this thread anyway, now I'm apparently not allowed to buy one before christmas due to the recession and him thinking they'll be super cheap lol. I'm going to have fun on L4D with my current system :) (On TF2 on recommended settings it pasted the skybox on EVERYTHING and it completely freaked out, oh and it didn't render walls).
  9. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Hey Crazy, from how you're wording your posts am I right in presuming you're living in the UK? Your Dad is almost right with things being cheaper. Usually January sales sometimes help with pre-built.

If you're set on buying a pre-built, then don't go to PC World. Buy a PC magazine such as PC Gamer, or PC Zone - they'll have reviews on pre-built systems aimed at gamers which will aid you in getting clued up. You can then come back to TPU and ask any questions you want, we're overly keen to help people learn and amend.
    crazy pyro says thanks.
  10. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    yep, I'm UK, I used to buy PC gamer back when my laptop could run the demos+ I'd be able to play some of the reviewed games when they came out, all the systems I saw in there seemed to be really expensive, but OK I'll follow your advice. My dad is very rarely right, shown perfectly by him buying a PC off Ebay and then having to take the side of the case off due to overheating.
    What do you mean about my wording, the UK isn't the only country in a recession is it? If so, it shows how cut off from the news I am, seriously I only hear the news about once a week, that's what comes from too much time on the internet and doing homework.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  11. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just realised a problem with taking your advice innocent, I've gotta read the entire thing lol, good thing I've finished the more pressing coursework.