1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The NZXT Case Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by t77snapshot, Feb 8, 2010.

1. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    Yes. I added another blue fan to push with the stock fan pulling out the front.

Not sure if it improved cooling that much, but I needed another blue fan there. :cool:

KieX says thanks.
  2. KieX

Thanks Received:
    Nice. I left the stock fan colors. Orange just looks very nice

(plus i overdid blue on a previous rig and never want to go back those crazy times)

3. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    is that why you love my case...because it's Orange and black?;) haha j/k

Btw, Poppcorn.. your Vulcan is looking better and better.:toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. KieX

Thanks Received:
    Yes, but that's only one reason ;):rockout:

t77snapshot says thanks.
  5. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, haven't had much activity here so i thought id give a update on my side.

I sold the q6600 and p7n sli platinum to xbones, and then i sold my corsair xms2 to a dude over at overclock.net. Was bidding on a i7 920 D0 last night and won it! :D The profit i made from the 775 rig bought me the chip so i need to come up with about another $300 to finish the build.

Well im trying to sell my m2000 for $100 shipped right now. Haven't made a thread here on TPU but will do so if i don't get a response from the other guy who is interested today. So that leaves me to come up with another $200. Im getting a $50 egg gift card from my aunt for xmas so there i need to come up with $150. My sister said she's giving me $50-100 cash for xmas so thats either $100 or $50 that i need to come up with. I was gonna put $30 into my itouch so i can resell it for about $100.

So i think i pretty much have all the funds covered. Right now it's just waiting till after xmas and i get some cash to fix some things and sell them.

6. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Damn josh sounds like your making plans for an epic new rig.:rockout: I was saving up for an i7 or Xeon build myself but unexpected bills popped up.:( Anyway have you decided to upgrade you gpu's as well? Or just run your 8800's with the new hardware.

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Haha i wish i could upgrade the gpu's right now :( Oh yeah the new build should be pretty sweet! Im thinking about going with this board and this ram.

That should look pretty sick in the lexa! One thing though, i definitely am very sick of the blue. Green would look good but for some reason im feeling red with this build. So i need to order some red led's for the front bezel and for the side fan. What size led's do i need? I've never really looked into this but im a master at soldering by now i would say. Year's of RC cars you get pretty good at this :rockout:

Think about it im already dreaming of it. Lexa s with red front bezel led's red led side fan, no cathadoes yet but a slight dim of red in the case with a h50, two top white exhaust fans, black mobo and black ram. All black interior with a red and black OCZ PSU.

Dam my epeen just got hard! :roll:

t77snapshot says thanks.
  8. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, managed to order a mobo today. I bought a full retail asrock x58 extreme motherboard for $80 shipped! Just need some ram now and were good!

9. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have one stick of DDR3 that I would send you, it's a 1GB but not sure if you can do anything with it. Not only that, it's not in my possession now either.

10. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ehh it would be enough to get me going until i can order some ram but since it's not in your posession it doesn't really do much :ohwell:

11. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Have you been sipp'in on too much eggnog CP:laugh:

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bumping here about t77s greenthemed build of an Apollo Case...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
    t77snapshot says thanks.
  13. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint New Member

Thanks Received:
    :D

1GB sticks are soo retro :rolleyes:

I wouldnt accept to get that ramstick handed over to me for free :laugh: no offense m8 :toast:

We should all be educated enough to know that filling all of our RAM banks do take a performance hit & lets take for example my own mobo that has 4 Banks now occupied by 2 sticks of 2GB each (4GB are ideal on an AMD platform unless youre photoshopping or something extremely memory dependant, but for gaming & everyday workload its good to go).

If I want to upgrade my RAM then most people would say "buy another 2x2GB kit" but then all my banks would be filled (+ they may or may not be compatible for various reasons that I dont bother writing about, but google is your friend if you want to know more) & I will have to decrease my overclock becourse of the increased powerdraw of having 4 energyhungry memorymodules (the toll is very heavy, not like double the powerdraw its way way more & the mobo have trouble with handling it except for some higher end ones with a huge pricetag but the toll is there yet).

So I say I would sell my 2x2GB kit & buy a new 2x4GB kit instead & keep my overclock @ peak performance, ofcourse there is more to say about this subject & I have my own preferences + I can admit to have wrong when I are proven so...

Wow I sure rambled a lot now :D (I didnt realize it until now) anyhow I wrote whats were in my mind at the moment take it or leave it & now ill leave yall with a Merry Christmas folks.

//Dog

14. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    WOOOOT! CPU heatsprearder has a bit of TIM on it but i'll clean it up and take a sexy pic of it :p Came with full retail packaging and original recepit directly from intel so i can RMA in the future if needed :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

t77snapshot and PopcornMachine say thanks.
  15. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    excellente...

16. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow i set my droid to macro mode for that last shot and wow it picked up great detail on everything. That stuff to the left of the processor is some dried up wood glue i tried picking off. My desks right now are a joke but i already seen a box that came from UPS that had a 3 peice L desk for xmas so will open that tomorrow :)

17. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    wood glue?! :eek: use thermal paste next time mate, there is no substuite which works nearly as good! :cry:

18. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Haha that wasn't wood glue for my CPU! Was fixin the desk :p

19. Artu New Member

Thanks Received:
    have anyone tried a maximus III gene with cm v6gt in a nzxt vulcan?:roll:

20. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nope but I would like some Vulcan genes in my bloodstream, then I would be like awesomest Maximus :twitch::D

//Dog

21. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    thank god, thought you were insane too :laugh:

22. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    sneaky peeky...

Quick shot of my project on the Tempest, gloss black tubes with Orange coils.

[​IMG]

NAVI_Z, PopcornMachine and Josh154 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
  24. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    haha no:laugh: I was gonna buy a third radiator then slap it all together, but then I found out the rad I wanted wouldn't fit on the back because of the top Koolance rad. So today I decided to finish the official loop. I just have to re-cable manage the case and then I will be done.

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well post some pics when you get it all done! Ill post some pic's up of my rig once i get my ram :)