1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    And thanks to it I'm downloading mods like there's no tomorrow now... :ohwell:

Thank heavens for Nexus Mod Manager so I can enable and disable at whim.

I think most of you here will be enjoying Christmas at Skyrim like me, so Merry Christmas!

[yt]U-XcjDJ4rbw[/yt]
    Ray_Rogers2109 says thanks.
  2. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Well it may not be exactly the same thing as "stealing" but it's still wrong as well as against the law and we that choose to play by the rules are the ones who end up suffering just like with physical theft (in the form of higher prices and annoying security measures). Until it gets so bad that we all suffer greatly-- e.g. things like SOPA.

Yeah that HUD mod looks interesting, thanks.
  3. horik

horik

Thanks Received:
    after the new patch the game loads much slower,needs more than double of time than before
  4. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Guys, things will not get better if we keep on going off-topic.

Back to discussing the game, please. Let's avoid infractions during the hols OK?
    random says thanks.
  5. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    The game starts you off pretty easy no matter the difficulty. Things start getting difficult when there's many enemies coming at you at once and higher-level boss-like enemies.

Most people play games like this for the story, not mashing the quickload button.
    digibucc says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I think the moderator has been pretty clear, let's just end this in a polite manner before ruining this all :)
    -------

Game is very smooth without the 4GB utility interfering with optimization, can run 9-11 uGrids with 30+ fps and that's very good
    The large address aware support is one of the best move they could've ever done :)
  7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
  8. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
  9. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
  10. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Grats :) :toast: I've used mine a couple of times, to figure out where to go to get these stupid random quest items outta my bags, and a couple of other random things. Very nice, and very handy. Even the fiance was ok with me buying it when she saw the quality.
  11. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    This SkyUI mod.

Does it allow for a dual wielding hot key?
    So I can switch from say:-
    Hot key 1 Stoneflesh/Ebony Blade
    Hot key 2 enchanted Ebony blade/Ebony blade?
  12. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    god, the theme song for this game sends shivers down my spine! its so EPIC! Seriously cannot wait to start playing this game on sunday
  13. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Hmm thats funny cause while not at all bad I really was not moved by the main theme, at least compared to the last two games. When I loaded up Oblivion and that music starting blaring through my speakers I was Oh. My. God! and I was hooked, man.

I guess it's the way it starts as gets better and def more "epic" further in. I think it sohulda began with what I guess qualifies as the chorus.
  14. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    im dissapointed with the skyrim theme song too. The oblivion one was much more powerfula nd when I heard it compaored to morrowind they did a great job remaking it.
  16. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    I actually like the theme of Skyrim (part oblivion and some morrowind mixed in) but for the intro, Oblivion is best imo:

Im a bit disappointed in Skyrim's intro coz of this hehe

Patched teh game recently, then updated to the new nVidia beta drivers, it seems that AO is now less laggy on my weak machine :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  17. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    For who uses SkyUI and SKSE mods altogether, don't forget to keep your Skyrim Scripts Extender up to date just to avoid strange conflict/issues, new version is out :toast:

SKSE
  18. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    ^yes, SKSE depends on the TESV.exe version so i always check the official site whenever i update the game :), same routine with Fallout 3/NV/Oblivion
  19. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    can you share these mods to make skyrim look more sexy plz
    i would like to use them thanks
  20. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Ok you guys, I don't need to go into the details of what happened of late... But yeah, let's just say there has been a change of priorities in my life, and I've decided to come clean in many aspects...

One of the subtle aspects being the things I thought were "ok" for me to do... like "downloading music" or "movies" and even "video games". But I've come to realize what I was doing is indeed "stealing"... And whether the Game Devs optimize their games properly or not, I admit it's always more difficult to do when it comes to PCs, since we all have different hardware setups...

I've decided to buy Skyrim tomorrow (the stores are closed right now, and I'd like to have the "box" and "map")

Of course, you don't have to believe me, but I'd like to "earn" your trust back, because I do enjoy PC games and looking for knowledge on this forum as well as helping others when I can...

I'm also looking forward to seeing the difference between my actual version and the "real" one. I was wondering whether it's going to be possible for me to transfer my saved games into the "bought" game tomorrow.

Back to the topic: I've done some research on the internet, and it so happens that I'm not the only one that has noticed the "FPS" boost when CTRL-ALT-Deleting out and back to skyrim (with CFx on)

Some people even posted videos on youtube about this. Not sure whether this is going to work for you guys, but I'll still recommend it in case it also works for you.

And yes, I do agree Skyrim's the best RPG I've seen in a LONG time. After the money I spent on this crazy Rig of mine, I don't have a Huge budget for video-games, but I do want to encourage bethesda for this big release, I hope that with all the money they've made, and with all the attention the game has had up to now, that they will take the time to find a way to fix the multi-threading issues and find a way to let us use our GPU power more.
  21. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    The best thing to do is to start with the TOP100 page, you'll find the most endorsed mod there :)

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/top/
    bbmarley says thanks.
  22. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    @Jonathan1107 - Let's stay on topic please
  23. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
  24. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    It's really personal preference for which nude mod to use.
    That wasn't totally off-topic, he was talking about purchasing the game.
    radrok says thanks.
  25. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I know but looking at the past 2 pages that has been the reason of derailing, sorry if I didn't explain it further
    theJesus says thanks.