1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    thanks ;)
  2. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    First up, I'm comparing unmodded games, 2nd, I'm including more than texture detail, ie, I'm including the scale, environment, the weather effects and just the impression the world makes on me, so for me, it's the best I've ever seen as texture detail alone can only do so much.

I don't have Witcher2 so can't compare it to that.

If this game doesn't make me near invincible after say 50-70hrs, and I've got an ongoing incentive to keep leveling up, not only will it ensure multiple playthru's, it'll probably be my favourite game of all time.....I'm only at 14hrs, but it's really pushing my buttons atm.
  3. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry but you really can't compare Skyrim and Crysis, while I agree with you that Crysis is one of the best looking games out there they couldn't have done a similar thing for Skyrim because the game is such a giant sandbox that would have taken enormously long periods of time to develop.
    Also multithreading takes a lot of coding time to develop, to get a better support they should just have made the jump to DX11 but it would have excluded all of the consoles ballpark (not that I'd be sad about it, consoles are just for arcade/platform games and similar things).
    Sure they could have done something like Crysis 2, DX 11 for PCs and DX9 for consoles but would it have been worth it?
    We must wait until the next consoles refresh to up the IQ but you all already know that :toast:
  4. Andrei23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Skyboost does absolutely jack for my minimum fps. The tesval seemed to work better even though all I noticed was 1-3 fps more to my minimum. All on SB quad core and gtx 480 soc
  5. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    it won't make you invincible, but like every other game by 50 hrs you have a pretty good idea of strategy, and it becomes hard to take the more challenging route. as long as you'll put down that bow (example) even though you have the skill maxed and pick up a different weapon, it should still be challenging.

honestly i'm trying to get it back. i did it again :( put 90 hrs into a game inside of 2 weeks, and now i'm finding it hard to get back in. eventually it'll be easy again, but right now i needed to stop :(
  6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    It didn't do anything for me either. I still can't run shadows at 8196
  7. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:

My current strat is to play just a little each day (less than an hour, after putting in almost 200 hours total so far). I've been banging in Tribes:Ascend which has distracted me. I'm waiting impatiently for the mods to turn loose in Jan, when I know I'll be buried in the game again :rockout:
    hellrazor and digibucc say thanks.
  8. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Was there another update?

All my save games are either outdated or corrupt!

WTF !?

Is there a fix?

EDIT: Ok my autosave went through after I restarted the game... Phew...
  9. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    Dude, same thing over here!
    Ahhzz says thanks.
  10. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Finally found an ENB 101 config that doesn't look like crayon diarrhea.

[​IMG]
    Mussels says thanks.
  11. Andrei23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It would seem that skyboost has increased my minimum fps in whiterun by 50%, from 20fps to 31. I am pleased. :D
  12. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    skyboost R3 has given me some nice FPS boosts too.
  13. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Frost Dragons are a bitch to try and kill. Im not a Nord so i don't have the resistance to frost.
  14. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I always have some Ice Wraith Essence handy for such encounters.

Trying to get my Alteration up to 100.
    Proving a bit of a pain as it seems the times when it actually increases is when I use alteration near someone who is going to attack me.
  15. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    got enchanting to 100, but i cant make items as powerful as i want. seems i need alchemy + potions to get the right strength stuff.

so i'd need: max alchemy enchanted gear to make max enchanting items, to make the gear to make the potions to make the actual equipment i want... le sigh
  16. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried making all items which can be enchanted with enchantment skill and wearing those while you enchant your armor/weapons you want to enchant?

Along with drinking an enchantment potion.
    Although the last time I drank an enchantment potion it seemed to do nothing.
  17. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i drank a potion and it worked, its just meaning i need to find various sets of clothing/items to enchant with enchantment boosting... make a second set, swap gear, then repeat.

then do it with potions to make potion enhancements, etc.

a ton of effort to get the max out of the gear.
  18. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    is it possible to have fire arrows? If so I am going to get my enchanting up
  19. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like fun lol.

If it's possible it would be nice, but I have never seen arrows turn up in the weapons available enchanting list.
    The only way would be to make a bow which causes fire damage.
  20. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    oh shoot i forgot i have a fire storm scroll thing. maybe thatll help me defeat my first frost dragon
  21. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    I don't have alchemy up to max but i found some pretty nice enchanting potions and got enchanting up to 100.

With enchanting up to 100 + a 20% enchanting potion i managed to make 27% blacksmithing gear.

I have since found a 20% blacksmiths elixer so wearing the gear and using the elixir to upgrade some swords should work well. My armour is already at the max level that it stops being worth upgrading more.

Keep you eye out with the alchemists for the potions, hopefully you won't have to make your own.

Edit - It is possible to get swords and armour to a ridiculous level by doing this.. (with alchemy at 100) Make an enchanting potion, enchant some items for alchemy, wear those items and make a new enchanting potion, go back use the potion and enchant a new set of items, repeat until you max out.. but i don;t think it is really worth the time. Just with enchanting at 100 and 1 potion i have a one handed daedric sword that kills almost everything with 1-2 hits. The exeption to this would be dragons but with the armour and swords i use the game is less challenging. The only time i have trouble is against higher level mages, but that is ok... it keeps the game interesting.

If u r pwning everything, you will get bored with the game much more quickly as there is no effort involved in doing the quests.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  22. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
  23. OOZMAN

OOZMAN New Member

Thanks Received:
    How come the dragons are so easy to kill in this game? Kinda dissapointed. I have a high bow and arrow level and I use that... is that like some mega-advantage against dragons? they just seem to be too slow and I just hide behind a rock then look out, shoot them, hide again.. pretty lame..
  24. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did it, was extremely tedious, and alchemy esp takes foreever. The difference in enchanting vs using the ingame available +enchantig potion isn't huge, but the +130 smithing is.
  25. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    I keep running into area's where I'm outclassed, so at least I have an incentive to continue, but I do wonder whether the tables will be turned at some point later on......that's the worst thing that can happen in an RPG, as the questing can then seem pointless as you don't need the XP/reward.....suppose I'll find out at some point.

Sounds like u need to take a break:slap:.....I ended up with 250hrs+ in FOVegas, but would never have guessed that based on my first few "attempts" at the game.