1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    yeah, I would like lto join the storm cloaks, racsism doesn't bother me much unless its directed towards me. I did hear you can sway there ways of thought too if you talk to them enough. What i wish could happen is that since you are the dragon born you could reunite everything and be the king. My one of my main goals for the game is to take out the Brotherhood. I was on a quest up north and an Assassin cam outo f bushes and attacked me. i killed it by stabbing it in the stomach. I searched the body and it had a note. and it read Kill (my character) any means nessesary. Failure is unacceptable. or something like that. The stormcloak part i really don't like is the fact that you have to attack Whiterun which is my favorite little city. Ive done a lot there. But then I also don't want to be part of a currupted government with a organized military, and being part of the Falmore.
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a game, flip a coin or something.
  3. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    First time round I just ran with whoever and stayed with them which was the stormcloaks.
    Not a fan of their racism though so this time round I went with the imperials and will probably do the same again.

Each side has their pros and cons on their beliefs although neither side affects the progression of the game beside one side owning all of Skyrim.

Even the missions aren't all that different with whichever side you take.
  4. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    For me it comes down to the storm cloak leader being a jackass vs the imperials being invaders. I'm not sure which bothers me the most. How badly do you get treated by either side once it's all over?
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i did stormcloaks and was neither offered a castle, nor wenches.
    digibucc says thanks.
  6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Offered? You think the Vikings were ever offered anything? If you want it, take it! (Or kill everyone trying to take it)
    digibucc says thanks.
  7. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Alright it's official, I'm going to start another thread for those who REALLY don't want any spoilers...

I'd like the moderators to step in a little more on this matter. Anybody should be able to come in here and find information and answers to their questions without people shooting spoilers about stuff that happens at the end of the game.

I find this behavior very inconsiderate and improper... Now some of you just "don't care"... which is why I'll start another thread, but I'd like for the moderators to bring their input to the table pls
  8. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    I think separate threads would be fine. It's pretty annoying having to always manually input spoiler tags and then expand them every other post you read. Maybe if there was an option for it in the posting box and a personal thread option to set "show spoilers in this thread by default" then it wouldn't be such a pain.
  9. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    agreed, I think there should be a thread where you guys can talk freely about anything whatsoever... and another one where no spoilers are allowed whatsoever or must be put in tags...

or any decent solution the moderators would propose
  10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Eh the games been out for a while, spoilers usually need a ramp up, like "I did this, this, then huge spoiler". I usually can tell a spoiler and just stop reading it, when the game came out everything was a spoiler, but it's been out for a while now, people got in some gametime and can realize what is a spoiler to them.

But I also don't find spoiler tags strenuous, simply because my mouse is on the page (usually in the middle) scrolling down the page, so I can scroll to almost where a spoiler is and just move my mouse to the side and click, pretty easy.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  11. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No idea as we generally moderate naughty people, spammers and stuff like that. All I know is I used to be the best Bard in all of Skyrim... Then I took an arrow to the throat.
  12. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Maybe if you take one to the testes you can get a great yunick singing voice to replace your career as a bard.
    Easo says thanks.
  13. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    I just died :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
  14. Naiomi-Arrianna New Member

Thanks Received:
    Skyrim Mindboggle

Hiya guys..
    Right im at the part where you have to Plant he ring on Brand-Shei.

I have done everything that Brynolf has asked me to do! he wants to meet at the ragged flagon but when i go there no matter what time of the day it is hes no there, Brand-shei hasnt been arrested either yet.. is there anything i have missed out in order for this art of the quest to be completed?
    i accidently pulled my sword out at brynolf aswell and now he's after me :banghead:
    seriously i NEED your help

Also i am at level 25 and dont fancy re-starting the game.
  15. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    I think you can calm him and use the player.placeatme command to put him where he's supposed to be. I got a bug during the college quest where a npc was supposed to appear and I couldn't leave until he did but he never did. placeatme bailed me out.
  16. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    lol another story/mission spoiler
  17. Naiomi-Arrianna New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry! :( does that work on PS3?!
  18. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    We are talking about general gameplay here, its like talking about what character path we went with. It's nothing specific thats going to blow the game for you.

If your so worried the plot is going to be blown, dont read the thread. Just play the game. :toast:
  19. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Can I just kill them both?
  20. Andrei23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Gotta hate random mods that f*** up the game.
  21. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Nope.
  22. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Atleast they made possible to not
    force you to choose faction when you have to imprison the Dragon inside Dragonsreach for the Main Quest
    I guess I'm looking at the bright side though :D
  23. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Darn :(
  24. wwj123 New Member

Thanks Received:
    cross fire

i like this game very much !
  25. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone having problems launching Skyrim via Steam?....I'm getting a "finishing steam cloud sync" that never finishes....all my other games launch but not skyrim...:wtf: