1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    try disabling and enabling steam updates for the game, sometimes that can clear the issues.

that or remove some save games, maybe its trying to upload them all.
    Kwod says thanks.
  2. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Save files does sound like the culprit....but how do I get to my save files...?
  3. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    You mean where they are?

should be in Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves
    Kwod says thanks.
  4. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    The question should probably be "Which turd did you go with?"

The Imperials are mildly power hungry, massively militaristic, and had to bow to the Aldmeri with the White Gold Concordate. They act as though they speak for all of humanity, and force themselves onto others. Perhaps Bethesda's criticism of the USA..?

The Stormcloaks are racist swine. Ulfric wants power, and is willing to steal it however he can. He "allows" the dark elves to live near him, but forces them into slums and treats them horribly. He murders those who oppose him, just to prove a point. He uses his superior and unique powers in order to bend others to his will. The Stormcloaks are supreme dicks banded together under the auspices of freedom and revolution, but run as a personal power seeking army.

As you need to do one of the story lines for the achievements, I sided with the Imperials. They are terrible, but they actually stand a chance of banding together and giving the Aldmeri what is coming to their smug selves. The Stormcloaks just lack any real structure if Ulfric is gone, and I'd really like a mission to make him go away for good....Hail Sithis...
  5. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    2 sides of the same coin eh?

Ones as bad as the other but i figured that as it is set in Skyrim i better be a good son of Skyrim and join the Stormcloaks.
    Kwod says thanks.
  6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Why would the Stormcloaks lack any real structure if Ulfric is gone...when it's the Dragonborn that would be replacing him? ;)
  7. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    You guys are like regular genuises:toast::toast:
    My save file was 90mb, no wonder poor ole PS3 is struggling....:eek:
  8. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    On my first playthru's of these multi choice RPG's, I let the game guide me, and as I choose a Nord it was quite natural to join the stormcloaks and besides, Ulfric has charisma, LOL.
  9. horik

horik

Thanks Received:
    i finished the game some time ago,now i will just move around from town to town killing people and when i get bored make another character and start the game again
  10. Ray_Rogers2109

Ray_Rogers2109 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Had to re-install SKYRIM the day after XMAS for reasons not caring to explain. I did save all my game saves but completely forgotten which mods I've been using. I'll post screenshots in the thread or the other one. CRT only capable of 1400x1050 when I know it was able to do 1600x1200.
  11. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    I only have 125 saves. And thats with three seperate games.

Also, has anyone had or fixed the flashing green menu background with crossfire? I asked a couple days ago, but the thread has moved on.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I think this might be related but it's hard to tell exactly what he means. Referring to 12.1a Preview as the "fix".

13. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Okay. I'm downloading it now, will reinstall drivers whenever its done. This stinking internet is so slow, and this is without anyone watching movies on netflix.

Sweet!! that fixed it. Although, after install it said that 'AMD APP SDK Runtime' Failed to install. how important is that?
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    SDK refers to a "Software Development Kit" e.g. a development framework so don't worry about it.
    Irony says thanks.
  15. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    In the college quest after you defeat that elf jackass which psijic's appear? This bug is getting really annoying. This is the second time Psijic's just won't spawn inside the college so I'm going to have to spawn them in the console. I'm assuming it's more than one that show up this time cause that old guy is like "psijics? here?"
  16. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    i have yet to join either imperial or stormcloaks. Tho my character is a dunmer, and ive seen how the dunmer lives in the slums of windhelm, damn him >8[ As for the imperial legion...
    Ive done the dark brotherhood questline, and it involves fking with the legion, even killing the emperor lol
  17. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  18. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  19. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah The Dude's FXAA injector is definitely nice. Did you use Preset 1 BP? And any insight on good slider adjustments or is it all pretty much personal preference?

I like the sharpness and it is a huge improvement but at the same time I find myself somehow wishing it wasn't such a stark difference from vanilla. Not even really sure why I feel that way...
  20. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  21. horik

horik

Thanks Received:
    I have a serious problem ,i'm stuck as a werewolf and there is no way to turn back to normal,i waited about 1 hour and nothing,my last saved game is about 3 hours ago and the last 3 auto saves are as a werewolf,is there an console command for this?
  22. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    ok so i haven't played for a few weeks, and am wondering what the mods to get now are? just the top list at nexus or something new? ty :)
  23. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Wait until morning. Then you turn back into a dude, I dont remember where your clothes are though.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd try it again if I were you. Heck once I got all the water flashing and strobing and I just deleted the entire game and redownloaded it from Steam :laugh: And at that time I was using a 11.x catalyst which disabled CF so I was using only one GPU of my 5970..

Mods? Yup they do muck up. I use Nexus Mod Manager so that I can know which mods I have even in the event I have to reinstall the game...

Water is one of the main problems. Another time, barely a week ago, the water started behaving madly. Going from calm, to 'normal' and back again depending on the position of my mouse :wtf:

I went to my mod manager, disabled Realistic water and reenabled it again and suddenly all was fine. It's strange that it works like this I know... but from this game expect strange stuff ;)

I'd still insist on you removing all your mods and the .ini files.
  25. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    arrrr....

stupid water... well at least, that's the only part of the game that seems to be glitching for me up to now... aside from the "ebony blade" not recharging even tho I hear the daedric voice tell me I'm killing people who trusted me, and that "the blade is returned to it's full potential"...

I'll try uninstalling "realistic water" and re-installing it, then I might try the 12.1a drivers or delete the .inis...