1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I had a 5870 and was always told not to go over 1.35v not matter the cooling solution you have. Just because your temperatures are in spec, doesn't mean the high amount of voltage is doing physical damage to any fo the components on the card.

2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
  3. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    But I thought nobody liked the Skyrim UI, so why would they want it on their desktop? :laugh:

4. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I'd have nightmares with a desktop looking like that.

hellrazor says thanks.
  5. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I would never go with a kit after using components. With a kit when you change GPU, mobo, or go above your TDP sinking limit you are screwed, with components you just add what you need.

I bought it all individually and then had Mark (MKmods RIP) mod my case and mount a few things for me, he upgraded the radiator and wired it all, did a awesome job.

So far it has been through a 9850 Black Edition, 940, and now on a 1100T, GPU's 4850, 5870 and soon a 7970 if my waterblock will work, and if not I can sell it and get a full coverage. I have changed coolant once, and changed tubing at the same time and switched for some swivel fittings on the GPU block to better accommodate my new drives and RAID card.

I guess I don't consider my 655 to be "high end" as it still cost less than everything but the case and DVDRW, but is responsible for alot.

10 Million points folded for TPU
  6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Um the XSPC Rasa kits are just XSPC components and fully interchangeable and upgradeable. A good, decently priced place to start for a noob to wc loops. Nothing beats having it all there in your hands to really learn what the hell is going on. Ensures you have all the right sizes of everything at first too.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    theJesus says thanks.
  7. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    This.

Also the XSPC Rasa WB is a beast, good heat dissipation and very low restrictive.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The RX 360 is an awesome radiator
    [​IMG]

So I'd be pretty keen on saying you get good performance out of a kit that can be expanded. What you'd need to replace in the future would be the pump if you're going to include more than 2 GPUs waterblocks in the loop.

8. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    This was meant to be taken care of in one of the patches.

I have not had a stuck arrow once in game since being on the latest patch.
    In my old game I just lived with it, as getting hit with more arrows corrected the problem.
    I also used to get the problem with ice spikes as well.

9. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I like the Skyrim UI, when running around it's not all over my screen, the look of it when having the actual bags open is fine (I really hated Oblivions bag system and thought all of the textures and look seemed cheesy). I was surprised to see people complain about skyrims to be honest. I wouldn't rush out and use that on my desktop, mostly because a huge black bar on the left and bottom of my screen isn't too appealing.

10. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    I find the Skyrim vanilla UI to be just fine, but it does seem to be unresponsive sometimes when going through items.

Right now im on my way to crafting myself Ebony armor. yeah yeah "go daedric" but i don't like the way the armor looks. Call me crazy but i don't even if its the best armor in the game. no thanks.

11. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I like how Daedric looks kind of, but it does seem a bit extreme, I like a bit lower fantasy look to my armors, something that looks like it could actually be built and have function in combat.

12. Ray_Rogers2109

Ray_Rogers2109 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I knew how and I would if I did, I'd make a Kurgan armor for fellow HIGHLANDER fans such as us. Including the sword.
    I own HIGHLANDER Region B Immortal Edition Blu-ray disc. It isn't the Steelbook.

I'll post some 1400x1050 screenshots soon but lost my mods due to figuring might as well have a fresh install of the operating system I use on Christmas. More because of bloat and random crap when using the 4290 IGP.
    Screenshots either here or in the screenshots thread. I should be able to use some 2048x2048 or 4096x4096 textures just fine now with the GPU I now have. (Since December 22nd.) That reminds me I should re-install MORROWIND, OBLIVITITS (DMRA BBB but mods for high resolution textures which still look stock) and make sure I have the shortcut for FALLOUT 3 on the desktop. NEW VEGAS is already on the desktop but no mods.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  13. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    I was also wondering if there was a way to unlearn spells, much like you could in Morrowind and Oblivion by simply pressing the Shift button and clicking on it (right or left click, I don't remember)....They should really implement this because I now have far too many spells to be scrolling through them. Does anyone know if there is a mod for this or if there is a console command much like someone else suggested for the perk reset?

14. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Only console command I know of is to add perks. Not to remove perks.

15. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My 7970 with the Jan 9th drivers and Skyrim = no go. RenderInfo.txt is blank. Renderer, Resolution, AA, and AF are all blank in the options. I need to find a fix to add the card so Skyrim can see it.

16. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Release the card yet Skyrim of all games is not supported properly.
    I don't think this is unusual for AMD though unfortunately but of all games....

17. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Ah life on the overpriced bleeding-edge...

Yeah I'm still just a tad envious. ;)

18. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
  19. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Thats why im going Ebony armor.

20. erocker

Thanks Received:
    It was some mods screwing with things. Uninstall/reinstall and working great now. Since I started over I downloaded the nexus DL manager and it's a great tool. I installed many, many mods last night and this game looks insane! The 7970 is crushing it. Very happy with this card so far and it is a good upgrade from a 6950.

Irony, MxPhenom 216 and Ahhzz say thanks.
  21. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    The way thats worded almost makes it sound like there is a noticeable difference between the 7970 and 6950 (I'm talking about only for Skyrim of course). I'm curious if that is true, as even with your CPU at those speeds, I thought Skyrim was still CPU bottlenecking a 6950.

22. erocker

Thanks Received:
    With all of the mods, shader resolution increases, LOD increases etc I'm now pegged at 60 fps 95% of the time. There are times when the HDD seems to be holding things back when loading textures. I'm also using x8 AA with this card while I could only really use x4 AA with teh 6950. My 6950 was also a 1gb card. I'll have to check my CPU usage when I get home. I did install the CPU patch.. whatever it's called.

23. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    i hate you :D

What mods do you have. Im Contemplating adding a few more. No Blocky faces, Enhanced sky, and enhanced blood textures,

and maybe this

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4582

24. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I think the additional vram would make much more difference than than the more powerful processor itself in Skyrim. Have you played BF3 yet?

25. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    oh yeah he has. we were all playing last night! Thats when i played for my first time since xmas when i got my sound card and Skyrim. Ive been playing skyrim ever since, so last night was pretty awesome.