1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, so you can play it on multiple PCs without transferring files. and will it play on a C2D 7300 with a 5750? ok
  2. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Indeed. As I said earlier like the NPCs in Morrowind shielding their faces from the ash storms. So you too read this today? If not that's a noteable coincidence! :)

First awesome use of CK:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
    erixx says thanks.
  3. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
  4. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    You dislike the MMO part of MMOrpg, everything you dislike about an MMO is the whole point of an MMO :laugh: You just shouldn't play MMOs, it's enjoyable to work as a team and kill things that take coordination of many people rather than Ramboing and being a single man killing dragons that could easily step on you.
  5. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    been actually talkin about this since last year hehe, not only having NPC and animal reaction but having variedt friction as well, for example mountain slopes with lots of ice, or a frozen swamp, maybe there would be a "survival" perk where it contains how your character can cope to the environment properly like being resistant to sliding on icy region, resistance to cold, being able to effectively use armors/coats in reducing the cold effect etc.
  6. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Rambo'ing is way cooler than being part of the A-Team. :laugh:
  7. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I want to kill a bear with my knife. IRL that is. I think I could do it.

There is no we in team.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  8. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    There is if you spell it tweam ... just saying.

The cold is realistic in Skyrim. Not much different than Wisconsin. We don't walk around with our arms in front of our faces.
  9. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah...or we could at least start by having them not out waltzing around showing skin in a blizzard.
  10. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    well, your a cheesehead, and I was in Wisconsin right before Christmas for a week and it was cold, but not as cold as we get here. (-20 without the windchill) even though your cold is a bit more piercing with the higher humidity, and your beer sucks. :eek:

People turn their faces down and away from cold wind, put their hands in pockets, animals herd closer, rabbits and foxes don't venture out in a storm unless absolutely needed, so the player or NPC's having a rabbit or fox spring up from their feet in the mountains or snow is way more realistic. I have only twice been attacked by a wold pack....

People here do that when they are drunk or seeking attention, commonly known as the snow bunny.
  11. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Yes, we've had an amazingly warm winter this year (still in the 30s and 40s in February). It's usually about 10 to 20 below this time of year. Yes, our beer sucks ... but it's cheap and there is a LOT of it.

I suppose that they could have added more detailed animations to the NPCs, but all things considered they did a fine job. Have you checked out the ants crawling on the stumps?
    I've never seen anyone put ants into a game to flesh out an ecology before.
  12. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Were you drunk when you noticed the ants?

I haven't and it is in depth, but we are saying what we would like to see improved. Kinda like I have a new car, and its great but......

Champagne of beers my ass, tastes like keystone light with some leaves and dirt added to fill out the flavor.

But I do like the "stay classy" commercials with Will Ferrel.
  13. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you Steevo, just making conversation.
    I think there is always room for improvement, especially when it comes to immersion.

For the record, I usually don't drink WI beers. I have a Guiness Stout in front of me at the moment.
  14. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I have a laptop, and I'm at work. Soon it will be a cold one or two or perhaps some colorado high country whiskey......

I'm not fighting either, just shooting the shit so to speak. Where do you live in WI?
  15. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Live in south central WI, about a hour north of Madison.

On topic : One thing that I found rather disappointing with Skyrim was the decided lack of new armor styles available. It's not bad for new people to the ES series, but I would like to see more "regional" armor variations. I can't believe that the smiths' in Skyrim all had the same trainers and the ones in Cryrodill (forgive the spelling if it's wrong). It would be cool to see local variations on the basic armors (steel, glass, ebony, etc.). I know the modders will take care of it, but that's not my point. ;)
  16. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    well its possible more armors can be made and added, its also rather easy for armors to be ported from Oblivion meaning any base armor you saw in Oblivion can be ported to skyrim, no ones done it yet but it can be done, just as mods get ported over,

Essentially if someone was so inclined they could in theory remake the Morrowind armors and oblivion Armors and add them to the game, the Main issue would then be balance and the skill tree, how do you add new armors to forge to the skill tree itself,

examples being chittin armor, boiled netch leather, etc how to add those to the game, as skills needed to craft them, etc its all possible just no ones tried because there was no Construction set.

Now that the Construction set is out, just give it time Kreij and new armors designs will flood the game.

the biggest problem would be seperating the armors defence ratings enough to make it all fit, or be worth upgrading there would need to be a rebalancing of the game itself.
  17. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I just meant different looking armor, Crazy. I don't really care if there are 3 identically spec'd leather armors (and all can be made under leather skill, similar to steel and imperial), it just would be nice to pick the one I liked or felt fit more with the personification of my character.
    The look of a character is not so much specs, but the role playing aspect.
    My character uses light armor and is still in mostly leather because that's how I envision him to be.
  18. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I went to a special place close by Madison called sugar shack the night before I left. It was quite fun, although the manager tossed out one of the female employees for being too friendly with me. :laugh:
  19. specks

specks New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is Skyboost r4 compatible with patch 1.4?
  20. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Not even New Glarus? :)

Yeah...the ants are awesome but at times at feels the world needs many more such details.
  21. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    stop using Skyboost R4, the 1.4 patch fixed what Skyboost was trying to fix...... :rolleyes:

to the point performance is usually worse with both of them, and the patch offers better frame rates then Skyboost ever did.
    specks says thanks.
  22. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Downloaded and bout to fire up. Not touching my Textures folder for now.
  23. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks for that. the side by side looked the same, but this really shows they arent.
  24. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    i assume Wars in Skyrim would be the "replacement" of Martigen's Monster mod?

The nords already have resistance to cold (spells at least), was thinkin it could also apply outside of combat like actual cold resistance (and will justify them showing skin during blizzards), Now for those cold blooded Argonians...
    Khajits and Argonians will have bonus resistance to terrain, like less likely to stumble/topple/slide on icy grounds.
    Blizzards and snow can slow down movement (can be improved by skills/perk/enchantment)
    Will also affect NPC and animal/monster behavior on when they venture out.

Also some thoughts, i thought there is a mod named "True Yield" where when your opponent is in pain or begging for mercy, he/she/it would no longer try t fight and just flee if regained health (or attack you anyway randomly, depends)
  25. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    The pics are not "Wow!" but not a chance they looked the same though yes the side-by-side is a way better way to really judge. Especially with that cool ass slider feature.

And just played for ten mins just running around the mountain south of the College but indeed everything just looks so much better. Note I did not italicize the "so". But a very nice overall visual improvement on every aspect from the lockpick to the skeletons to the mountains in the map. Opening a book for the first time made me say "Nice!" out loud.